Sam-Teddy-Case thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote: Because the GM was never willing to sign/draft anyone capable of competing. Which was pointed out by multiple posters every year since Ponder was drafted. Including the signing of a guy like Keenum... :hitfan:
Keenum is a very good backup and provides us with quality depth. I think that is pretty clear at this point given he's 3-2. But of course you cant get past the "I hate Spielman" goggles you have on.

....Just the same old Demi coming on here to make one random post about how bad of a GM Spielman is :roll: Rock me to sleep....
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Teddy coming off PUP. Expected to practice Wednesday. Wow. :rock:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Not to get off topic - but I would like to hear how Sloter is looking. If he is 2nd string I am sure he is getting some reps in practice. Is he making throws,looking sharp or looking bad.
But I'm sure Zimmer wants to keep it hush how he is doing.

Agree DP great news for Teddy and the team.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote:Not to get off topic - but I would like to hear how Sloter is looking. If he is 2nd string I am sure he is getting some reps in practice. Is he making throws,looking sharp or looking bad.
But I'm sure Zimmer wants to keep it hush how he is doing.

Agree DP great news for Teddy and the team.
It'll be interesting to see who gets the reps. There are only so many to go around. I wonder if Sam goes on IR. I doubt Sloter has been getting many? Or enough to really make a determination.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

It would be nice if during the next few game Case refined his accuracy. Thats the main problem with him, he has decent pocket awareness and steps up into the pocket when need be.

But to be honest, the receivers has made his jobs easier. And I know some people are going to give that credit to Rick, even though Diggs didnt go to the 5th round, and AT was un-drafted. Theses guys fought for a spot and it worked out well for them. Especially AT, who grew up about 30 miles from where I grew up. Its so much colder up there then the cites. You gotta have a tough mentality just to get to work.

People were really high on Case after his first win, but when he lost, a lot of people saw what he looked like a lot of the time. If we can get consistency from him, it would be his team to be QB in. But I doubt anyone thinks that will happen.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
You mean the guy who just beat the Bears at Soldier Field, where we never win? Or the guy who beat Green Bay yesterday? A guy like that?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote: You mean the guy who just beat the Bears at Soldier Field, where we never win? Or the guy who beat Green Bay yesterday? A guy like that?
Yeah no less he came in as relief in the second half. And had limited practice reps all week
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yeah no less he came in as relief in the second half. And had limited practice reps all week

-_- The Keenum support is baffling. Its like watching a Starting pitcher give up 5 hits a row that the outfielders have to steal from over the fence to prevent Home Runs and then bragging about how many fly outs he gets.

He was completely and 100% bailed out against Green Bay. He didn't complete the pass to Mickinnon. Treadwell had to PINCH A FOOTBALL in order to catch that ball. Adam had to make a couple of absurd catches. He missed on a several wide open throws. Not to mention the two if not three drops by Green Bay defenders. His stat line SHOULD. Not could have. SHOULD read; 20-38 186 yards. 1 TD 2 INT.

He lead a single TD drive and personally killed the rest. As far as I am concerned he basically contributed -1 points yesterday. 7 for the TD and then -8 for the two stalled out field goal drives because he couldn't do anything.

I am thankful he is our backup because he is a good backup but a couple of monster bombs a game doesn't make up for terrible short and intermediate accuracy
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IrishViking wrote:
-_- The Keenum support is baffling. Its like watching a Starting pitcher give up 5 hits a row that the outfielders have to steal from over the fence to prevent Home Runs and then bragging about how many fly outs he gets.

He was completely and 100% bailed out against Green Bay. He didn't complete the pass to Mickinnon. Treadwell had to PINCH A FOOTBALL in order to catch that ball. Adam had to make a couple of absurd catches. He missed on a several wide open throws. Not to mention the two if not three drops by Green Bay defenders. His stat line SHOULD. Not could have. SHOULD read; 20-38 186 yards. 1 TD 2 INT.

He lead a single TD drive and personally killed the rest. As far as I am concerned he basically contributed -1 points yesterday. 7 for the TD and then -8 for the two stalled out field goal drives because he couldn't do anything.

I am thankful he is our backup because he is a good backup but a couple of monster bombs a game doesn't make up for terrible short and intermediate accuracy
I was referring to Keenum coming in vs Chicago where he bailed us out of probably losing. As for GB, yeah it wasnt his best game. Nobody on here is saying the guy is a good starter or the next Tom Brady. We are more or less saying that it was a good move by Spielman because we have a solid backup that can win us games. He's a backup, did you expect his accuracy to be good? No nobody did but he's managing games and we're winning which is all that matters.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Case is growing on me, even though he wasnt good yesterday, and the receivers were making awesome catches. Hes a little lucky too. He puts the ball where his receivers have a chance on the ball to make plays. Even though the pass to Treadwell was bad, Treadwell stepped up and showed what he is capable of.

He is 4-2. He is a decent backup, which I didnt believe he would be. I dont know what happens when Teddy is back on the active roster, but i hope case is on it as well. Sam looked awful, and afraid last game he started, he should have never been cleared to play.

I wonder if next year the roster will be Teddy, Case and Slotter. Teddy would have to prove himself, not only that he recovered fully, but can be a good QB. See the open receivers and hit them. With the new line maybe he can hit some deeper balls. My main concern is, will Teddy ever really be the same physically. I think mentally he is as strong as anyone.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

CbusVikesFan wrote: WE CAN REBUILD HIM.....WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!
Something tells me it's going to cost way more than $6 Million dollars though!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

SP1966 wrote: Something tells me it's going to cost way more than $6 Million dollars though!
Well that's only if he plays well through his first contract. Even though he's the combination of a couple high round picks nothing is guaranteed in this league. Of course we would give Frankenback the normal 3 years to prove himself.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

j
SP1966 wrote: Something tells me it's going to cost way more than $6 Million dollars though!
:D
Yea, more like 60 mdm
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Keenum has the heart of a lion, and has made a few good plays.
But in all of the games this season, he has been bailed out by his receivers quite a bit. High floaty stuff, that gets receivers hurt that Thielen/Diggs and now Treadwell, have been bailing him out. I can't remember that many balls that were fizzed in between 'the numbers'.
His heart and his ability to read defences, has helped his limited talent over the course of the season.
I feel he will do enough to get us through Baltimore and Cleveland. But he will have to improve his play after the bye to get us to the playoffs IMO. Or Sam gets healthy by then.
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

Case has been a little better then I thought but he's still very inconsistent. The question we should ask is, is he possibly going to be good enough to win deep in the playoffs? If not, then can either Teddy or Bradford get healthy enough and come back? I don't know the answer to either. Just that so far Case has been exceptionally great or wildly bad game to game. I want to hear what they say about Teddy. He's cleared to practice, but how is his knee and mobility? 90% of what it was? More or less?