Week 6 reaction thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Week 6 reaction thread

Post by dead_poet »

Sucks for Rodgers and GB but Barr's hit was clean.

Not a great offensive performance today. Case was off from the get-go. Theilen had a good day, as did Harry and McKinnon (save for that terrible fumble). Forbath was money. Hopefully Barr can get cleared and Diggs/Sendejo return. Sirles was bad. O-line was rough all day. Good day for Treadwell. Wonder why he played more over Floyd.

Tied for first!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Re: Week 6 reaction thread

Post by S197 »

Good to see Treadwell get involved, that was a ridiculous catch. Both sides riddled with injuries but winning at home against a division rival is huge. Robison may have lost his starter position but still making clutch plays.

TB news tomorrow will be interesting. We have two very winnable games then a bye for him to get up to speed...
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote:Sucks for Rodgers and GB but Barr's hit was clean.

Not a great offensive performance today. Case was off from the get-go. Theilen had a good day, as did Harry and McKinnon (save for that terrible fumble). Forbath was money. Hopefully Barr can get cleared and Diggs/Sendejo return. Sirles was bad. O-line was rough all day. Good day for Treadwell. Wonder why he played more over Floyd.

Tied for first!
Floyd got a calf injury. That was a heck of a grab Treadwell made.
I thought he had a good game!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote: Floyd got a calf injury. That was a heck of a grab Treadwell made.
I thought he had a good game!
Ugh. I was worried about an injury when I saw him holding his helmet on the sidelines. Hopefully minor.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:Sucks for Rodgers and GB but Barr's hit was clean.

Tied for first!

Aren't the Vikings technically in first ? Head to Head vs GB right?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

The receiver had one heck of a game, with some awesome catches. I dont Case was anything special today, but he put the ball in the area of the receivers so they could make a play on the ball. Some of those passes could have easily been INTs. Treadwells catch was impressive AND I saw him open a few other times. Diggs, AT and Treadwell may be able to get us to the next level.

Smith was so great. Suck a good blitzer and tackler. And a DB that can make INTs. Rhodes and Waybe also had one a piece.

Right now I think our weakest 2 Positions is QB ( I just dont trust Case to not throw some INTS and just inaccurate passes) and RB. Im not a Murray fan, but I am happily starting to like Jet. Didnt like him returning kicks. I would still like to see Waynes back there returning kicks.

4 wins already (when I was pretty sure we would only get 8 all year). In first place in the division. Hard not to be a bit excited. I really hope Teddy is healed up completely and can start soon. I think he will like the new Oline.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Interesting to see if GB's season falls apart from here.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

808vikingsfan wrote:
Aren't the Vikings technically in first ? Head to Head vs GB right?
We win the tie breaker.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Thielen, Rudolph and McKinnon (despite the fumble) came up big today for the Vikings. McKinnon is turning into a TD machine, and Thielen is just so solid. Another 9 catch, 97 yard day. Rudolph had some nice plays for the Vikings over the middle.

Loved how Laquon Treadwell got involved today. If he can gain confidence -- and if the Vikings' quarterbacks can gain confidence in him -- it could be huge. With Diggs, Thielen, Floyd and Treadwell, we could have a really dynamic and versatile WR corps.

Keenum showed why he's a backup. It's not that he lacks smarts or leadership or even ability. It's about accuracy, or the lack thereof. Mediocre ball placement. Even the big game he had against the Bucs, he had some off-target throws where his receivers bailed him out. Lots of easy throws today that were caught but not really on the money. He did enough to win, or more accurately not to lose, but we need more.

The defense -- loved what I saw again today. I realize Rodgers was out, but holy cow. Just 227 total yards, with close to a third of those coming in garbage time. Harry the Hitman was phenomenal, a disruptive force all game. Waynes was really good today, with a nice pick and in on 6 tackles. The entire D-line was really on fire. Linebackers where they were supposed to be. Barr was dominating the game before his concussion. Even Kearse was OK in place of Sendejo. Really good job all around. Obviously the loss of Rodgers hurt the Pukers, but you can't let the backup tear you a new one. The Vikings didn't.

Good game out of Kai Forbath today. He never impresses me, but as long as his solid and makes the kicks he's supposed to make, he's fine by me. And the 50+ yarder ... that's just a bonus.

I didn't like how the Vikings went into the playcalling tank when it was 23-10 early in the 4th. Obviously it wasn't likely that Brett Hundley was going to bring Green Bay back, but it just seemed really early to be burning clock. Thankfully Waynes' pick stopped the Packers from pulling within 1 score. I wish we could see the Vikings stomp on a lesser opponent when they're down. And yes, without Rodgers, the Packers are a lesser opponent.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

the question is obviously hypothetical, but do you think we would have won the game if Rodgers did play? My thought is no. This team under the entire Zimmer era simply does not score enough offensive touchdowns. It has held true regardless of who has played quarterback.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

On the Packers plan to win the Super Bowl in our stadium:

https://i.imgur.com/tgO4h4d.gifv
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Case looks good. He needs to look for Thielen more, IMO. But he generally hits the open WR and has good pocket presence. His accuracy is off sometimes but if he is given time, he generally gets it there.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Thielen, Rudolph and McKinnon (despite the fumble) came up big today for the Vikings. McKinnon is turning into a TD machine, and Thielen is just so solid. Another 9 catch, 97 yard day. Rudolph had some nice plays for the Vikings over the middle.

Loved how Laquon Treadwell got involved today. If he can gain confidence -- and if the Vikings' quarterbacks can gain confidence in him -- it could be huge. With Diggs, Thielen, Floyd and Treadwell, we could have a really dynamic and versatile WR corps.

Keenum showed why he's a backup. It's not that he lacks smarts or leadership or even ability. It's about accuracy, or the lack thereof. Mediocre ball placement. Even the big game he had against the Bucs, he had some off-target throws where his receivers bailed him out. Lots of easy throws today that were caught but not really on the money. He did enough to win, or more accurately not to lose, but we need more.

The defense -- loved what I saw again today. I realize Rodgers was out, but holy cow. Just 227 total yards, with close to a third of those coming in garbage time. Harry the Hitman was phenomenal, a disruptive force all game. Waynes was really good today, with a nice pick and in on 6 tackles. The entire D-line was really on fire. Linebackers where they were supposed to be. Barr was dominating the game before his concussion. Even Kearse was OK in place of Sendejo. Really good job all around. Obviously the loss of Rodgers hurt the Pukers, but you can't let the backup tear you a new one. The Vikings didn't.

Good game out of Kai Forbath today. He never impresses me, but as long as his solid and makes the kicks he's supposed to make, he's fine by me. And the 50+ yarder ... that's just a bonus.

I didn't like how the Vikings went into the playcalling tank when it was 23-10 early in the 4th. Obviously it wasn't likely that Brett Hundley was going to bring Green Bay back, but it just seemed really early to be burning clock. Thankfully Waynes' pick stopped the Packers from pulling within 1 score. I wish we could see the Vikings stomp on a lesser opponent when they're down. And yes, without Rodgers, the Packers are a lesser opponent.
I think Harris started for Sendejo. Looked ok.

Who came in for Barr?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Lamur. Did Gedeon start?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Too soon? If Aaron Rogers had Allstate insurance instead of State Farm, he would have been better protected from mayhem, like our defense