2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Bummer Diggs is out. I swear he always has some kind of nagging injury at some point every year. He explodes then gets hurt. He was like that in college too.

I think Floyd/Treadwell can get it done though.

Going to be tough not starting a backup QB and missing your best WR, no less not having Cook anymore. Although remember, a wounded animal is always the most dangerous!!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:What was wrong with Sendejo

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Low on rocket fuel.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Low on rocket fuel.
Lol

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Told you all Diggs wouldn't be playing. He won't play until after the bye.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sirles thoughts on starting and playing next to Reiff. I wasn't that thrilled with Reiff's signing but he's been very solid so far. Being a Hawkeye, of course he is. They're all studs.

https://twitter.com/1500ESPN/status/918931288362536960
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote:Sirles thoughts on starting and playing next to Reiff. I wasn't that thrilled with Reiff's signing but he's been very solid so far. Being a Hawkeye, of course he is. They're all studs.

https://twitter.com/1500ESPN/status/918931288362536960
Reiff has been a pleasant surprise. Not so big on Remmers, but he is better then what we had. It would sure be nice to get through the season with all of them playing their current positions, get some continuity.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sam Bradford - QB - Vikings

Sam Bradford (knee) has spent the past week receiving Regenokine treatments in New York.

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the treatments involve removing some of Bradford's blood, having it "spun down," and then re-injected into his knee over a period of 5-6 days. This procedure, which is done to combat inflammation, is becoming more common across the league (it's been used on several Seahawks players). There's no timetable for his return. With Teddy Bridgewater (knee) nearing activation, the Vikings could soon have a quarterback controversy on their hands.
Source: NFL.com

--

Leave it to the Vikings to have an in-season three-man QB controversy. :roll:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I think we may have seen the last of Sam on the field, as a Viking. Unless he has some miracle, and plays lights out for the finale 4 or 5 games. But I expect he would just get hurt again. His knee is shot. Things dont heal as fast when your almost 30 as they do when your 20.

I have a lot of hope for Teddy, but even I am skeptical he plays much this year.

And Case without Diggs is going to be rough. Has he even attempted a pass to Floyd or Treadwell this season? Im betting he makes a lot of pass to Kyle and AT.

Vikings fans better buck up and hope we find a good QB next year.
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

AD "implosion" thread locked..putting this here:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/adri ... cardinals/

If you've ever had your job relocated to a new city, then you probably already know that one of the most painful parts of moving is finding a new place to live. New Cardinals running back Adrian Peterson had to go through that exact situation last week after being traded from New Orleans to Arizona. Fortunately for Peterson though, he didn't have to house hunt for long because one of his new teammates offered to let him move in.

As NFL Network's Omar Ruiz recently explained, Peterson is now living with Larry Fitzgerald.

"Nobody is more happy than Adrian Peterson right now, saying his prayers had been answered when he found out about the trade, and his teammates excited too," Ruiz said. "In fact, he's living at Larry Fitzgerald's guest house right now, and Peterson saying he had never heard his old buddy Fitz more excited than when he called him to welcome him to the team."

This almost sounds like a possible "Step Brothers" sequel. You have a team (Cardinals) and a player (Peterson) who were going nowhere this season, but then Peterson moves in with Fitzgerald and every problem is fixed.

The pair have lived together for less than a week now, and let's review what has happened in that week:
1. Cardinals are 1-0.
2. Adrian Peterson ran for more yards in one game with the Cardinals (134) than he did in four games with the Saints (81).
3. The presence of Peterson even opened up things for Fitzgerald, who caught 10 passes for 138 yards in Arizona's 38-33 win over the Buccaneers.

If both guys continue with this type of success, there's a chance Peterson might not ever move out. After just one game Fitzgerald has been astounded at what Peterson's presence has meant to the Cardinals. As a matter of fact, Fitzgerald is pretty convinced that the Cardinals would have at least one Lombardi trophy if they had drafted Peterson in 2007.

"I wish he'd have been here 11 years from the beginning," Fitzgerald said, via the team's official website. "I'd have a Super Bowl ring already. But having him here, his leadership, his demeanor in the huddle, I think it's reinvigorating everybody."

As for Peterson, the change of scenery from New Orleans to Arizona seems to have rejuvenated him. "I feel good. This is the opportunity I've been waiting for," Peterson said, via the team's website. "Once I got that call on Tuesday, I was rejuvenated."

The 32-year-old Peterson says he plans to play four or five more years, which means the two old-timers -- Fitzgerald is 34 -- could be living together indefinitely.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Per Pelissero, Teddy will be on a pitch count but no physical limitations. They want to see how real reps go.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Teddy Bridgewater was wearing brace and sleeve on injured knee. Media only got to see individual drills, which we've seen him do before.

Stefon Diggs on the field, but still not practicing for #Vikings. Neither were Anthony Barr (concussion), Michael Floyd, Nick Easton.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I really hope Teddy gets a chance to play, but isnt put in the field till 100% healthy. He could still be the QB of the future. Hes young, and should be healing fast.

Diggs with a groin injury is so bad. They are just like a hamstring injury and can take forever to heal.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I swear Diggs has a groin injury every year and it seems to be right around this time. It's really starting to frustrate me. Either way it's more opportunity for Laquon.

As for Teddy practicing today, they had some quick highlights on vikings.com...one thing I can say, he looks jacked :shock: Way bigger than he ever has before
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote:
Sendejo was back.