Sam-Teddy-Case thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by dead_poet »

This article sums it up. A lot of moving parts.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... qb-dilemma
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Wow yeah it's a good read. Helps clarify some things. Thanks for the post
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

So depressing...

It is conceivable that next year Case Keenum will be our only healthy starting QB. I know that is worst case, but given all that we are seeing it is an outcome with real potential to occur. If that isn't enough of a gut punch, it is happening because of bad luck and nothing more. UGH.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

mansquatch wrote:So depressing...

It is conceivable that next year Case Keenum will be our only healthy starting QB. I know that is worst case, but given all that we are seeing it is an outcome with real potential to occur. If that isn't enough of a gut punch, it is happening because of bad luck and nothing more. UGH.
Well trading for an injury prone QB was not a good idea.

But yes, it is a depressing idea. I just dont know if we have anyone to scout and pick our future QB. I really thought Teddy might be it.
Last edited by PurpleKoolaid on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

mansquatch wrote:So depressing...

It sucks. We have been very unfortunate with injuries.

In very Vikings' fashion, Bradford looked amazing in the season opener (just as Teddy had during preseason before his injury) and just when we all start thinking about making a run, the football gods pulled the rug out from under us again.

Then Dalvin looks like ROY material, and we get it again.

Do we love to be tortured or what?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Keenum. Only signed for one year I think.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Teddy's head, Sam's arm, and Case's knees. Case Bradwater.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

S197 wrote:Teddy's head, Sam's arm, and Case's knees. Case Bradwater.
Teddy Caseford?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Teddy Caseford?

Sasey Keenfordwater?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote: Sasey Keenfordwater?
Cambridge Watercase?

Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Cambridge Watercase?

Sounds like a Harvard grad...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

Its another quarterback debacle no matter how you slice it. If Case keeps playing decent there is no way he will be back next year we got him at a huge discount. I hate to say it, but I doubt Bradford plays again this year and I've never been a fan of Teddy. Seems to me it is a lose-lose-lose situation at least as of now. Someone said go after Cousins and spend the money. I'd be all for it. It is a shame with such a good defense on the other side we can't get a true number one qb. On a bit of an opposite note, how much longer should we continue to say Treadwell is going to improve? He has been a complete ghost out there in fact, so much so I'm not sure he's caught more than 1 pass. It is hard to believe some of the poor draft choices we've made in the first round.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Don't forget Sloter

Caseodore Slotford
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mosscarter wrote:Its another quarterback debacle no matter how you slice it. If Case keeps playing decent there is no way he will be back next year we got him at a huge discount. I hate to say it, but I doubt Bradford plays again this year and I've never been a fan of Teddy. Seems to me it is a lose-lose-lose situation at least as of now. Someone said go after Cousins and spend the money. I'd be all for it. It is a shame with such a good defense on the other side we can't get a true number one qb. On a bit of an opposite note, how much longer should we continue to say Treadwell is going to improve? He has been a complete ghost out there in fact, so much so I'm not sure he's caught more than 1 pass. It is hard to believe some of the poor draft choices we've made in the first round.
He's caught 5 passes and I've said time and time again, He's a #3 WR. Do you expect him to surpass Thielen and Diggs at this point?? He's stuck there and there isnt much thats going to change. We were never able to plug him into the #1 or #2 spot because Diggs continued to shine and Thielen came out of nowhere. If you ask me, we dont know what his true talent is because he hasnt gotten the opportunity.

As for the QB situation, it's a pile of bad luck. You know what I really find funny......

The fact that Sam Bradford is labeled "injury prone" because of two ACL injuries and it was "stupid" to trade for him. Teddy Bridgewater has 1 ACL injury. Does that mean he's one injury away from being "injury prone". Outside of the ACL's, Bradford missed some time due to a sprained ankle and only missed two games with a shoulder sprain.

Teddy on the other had, has 1 ACL injury, a concussion and also an ankle sprain that caused him to miss time his rookie year.

So because Sam Bradford has ONE more ACL injury than Teddy, he's considered injury prone?? Is that really how it works?? Remember when everyone said Rudy was injury prone and wanted Spielman to pull the plug on him?? I sure do. And I sat there and said that wasnt smart because he was a pro bowl TE when healthy. Rudy hasnt been hurt in how many seasons now?? (knock on wood) Sorry but I dont buy the "injury prone" tag.

Sam Bradford was sacked and pummeled the most he's ever been in his career last year and didnt miss a single game. If he was "injury prone" he would've gotten hurt somewhere in that time frame. He didnt. So honestly I'm over listening to "yeah Spielman was so dumb trading for an injury prone QB".

The BIG question is, coming off an 11-5 playoff season, having a loaded defense, still having AP who was coming off a big year and having Super Bowl contenders written all over us, everyone that thinks Spielman was dumb for trading for Sam was okay with rolling with Shaun Hill the rest of the year?? Or some practice squad, low level QB?? I'll wait..... :whistle:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Spielman made the right move to trade for Bradford I think but I also think it's fair to say he's injury prone (if that's the phrase you want to use). That's to say he's more likely than a person who has never had an ACL tear to have problems with his knee. The fact that it has happened twice makes it worse, of course. Now there is yet a 3rd problem with the knee.

Three injuries to the same knee that is now so bad it's hard to tell what's wrong with it when it starts acting up. I don't know if that's "injury prone" but I do know it's a lot more likely to get injured than someone who hasn't had the same problems.

Bridgewater's ACL could very well put him into the same category before it's all said and done. We just don't know yet. His concussion I think we all know wasn't a result of him being "prone to injury".