Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

FireSpieldope
Backup

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by FireSpieldope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Dude what?? He had a 1500+ rusher standing behind him in 2015. So when was the running game putting him at 3rd and 8??? Whatever that post is sounds like a poor excuse to be honest. I'm not sure where you even came up with what you said.

If the running game was putting him at 3rd and 8, they've must've been putting Sam at 3rd and 15 because Teddy had a lot more behind him than Sam did other than the 1 game he had with Cook. Sam had the worst running game in the NFL last year. Sam had a 99.3 QBR last year compared to Teddy's best at 88.7. Sam has a 70.3 completion percentage since he's left St. Louis. Which shatters Teddy's 64.9.

When you compare the two:

Sam has better:
-Accuracy
-Arm strength
-Release
-Vision

Teddy has better:
-Mobility
-Intangibles

I mean that probably sums it all up. I dont think a healthy Sam is THAT much better than a healthy Teddy but I still think Bradford is the better overall QB.
Teddy also has better pocket presence, leadership and I'll give him vision also.

The point is they relied heavily on the run in 2015, so IF the running game stalled a couple plays leaving 3rd and 8 it was up to Teddy to pick up the first down. I like how you ignored EVERYTHING else that goes to Teddy also. The offense was very predictable in 2015 which put more pressure on the passing game. Don't forget the OLine still sucked, so it's not like he had much time to throw either.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Comparing the first two years is fair. The Rams had one year of a decent defense. It was the same year they were in the playoff hunt but lost to Seattle week 17 to get knocked out. Outside of that, yes the Rams were terrible. I watched them a lot, my father is a die hard fan. Their OL was terrible and WRs/TEs were even worse. Steven Jackson was all that team had. You mention how Bradford will play in "meaningful" games but if you look, Teddy wasnt a whole lot better. Denver getting strip sacked to end the game, Arizona getting strip sacked to end the game. I mean it's not like Teddy went out there in big games and won them on his own very often if ever. That's the point I'm trying to make with Teddy. Seems like a lot of guys are on the Teddy train when in the end, he hasnt done much more than Bradford, possibly even less. Teddy had 1 year at 11-5 but had the best RB in football behind him. Sam never had that luxury with us. And again, he had the opportunity but of course Cook has to go down.
Although I agree Peterson was a big factor in the 11-5 season, what happened to all the other seasons when he was here? Like I mentioned before, Peterson was here for a long time. In that time, the Vikings had only one season with a better record (Favre) and that was a pretty magical season. Maybe it doesn't jump out on a stat sheet, but I believe Teddy had a lot to do with the Vikings reaching the 11 win mark.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote: I would too.

Unfortunately what we're likely to have for the rest of the year is a moderately healthy Sam or Teddy, at best. In that case, the scales start to tip towards the guy who can make plays with his feet. When Elflein got driven into the backfield on one of the Bear's sacks, Sam more or less just crumpled untouched. The DT was right there but Elflein was still between the two and he really made no effort to escape.

Later in the game Keenum picked up a crucial 1st down on 3rd and long with his feet. There's no way Bradford can make that run in his current condition. Of course the wildcard is will Teddy be mobile like he was pre-injury? That remains to be seen.
3 of the 4 sacks could have been avoided with a healthy QB IMO. Even his handoffs looked half-*ssed from the start. He shouldn't have been out there. You could tell he was hurting.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote:
Although I agree Peterson was a big factor in the 11-5 season, what happened to all the other seasons when he was here? Like I mentioned before, Peterson was here for a long time. In that time, the Vikings had only one season with a better record (Favre) and that was a pretty magical season. Maybe it doesn't jump out on a stat sheet, but I believe Teddy had a lot to do with the Vikings reaching the 11 win mark.
Oh I agree. I said it before, Teddy is a winner. But if you have Cook or a non-washed up Peterson behind Bradford for a whole season, do you believe he could go 11-5 or better?? I sure do. Teddy's stats dont pop but he found ways to win
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Oh I agree. I said it before, Teddy is a winner. But if you have Cook or a non-washed up Peterson behind Bradford for a whole season, do you believe he could go 11-5 or better?? I sure do. Teddy's stats dont pop but he found ways to win

I really don't know Bradford could've lead the 2015 Vikings to 11 wins or more. In 2009, the Vikings had Favre who threw for over 4200yds. They had Peterson and Chester Taylor. They had Sidney, Percy, Shiancoe. They had the Williams wall and Jared Allen. That team was stacked. Yet they only won one more game than the 2015 Vikings. Do you know how many times the Vikings won 11 or more since 1977? Six. Only 6 times in 40 years. It's rare for a Vikings team to get to 11 wins. Yet we somehow think all you need is a stud RB, a QB that can rack up stats and 11 wins should be rather easy. It's not.

So I can honestly say I really don't know if the team would be better with Bradford. I like him. I like how he can fit his throws into small windows. I like his deep ball. I like how he hangs in the pocket. But to me, Sam is still an unknown when it comes to a successful season. Those awful years in St. Louis. Maybe Sam gave up too? Maybe he was part of the cancer? I've never played organized football before but I have to think if things are going bad, having a QB that can be positive in the huddle can make a big difference compared to a QB like Cutler. I think the leadership part of a QB is something that needs to be taken into account when teams are successful as well as when they tank.

Eh. I really don't know what I'm trying to say. I like Bradford (healthy). I like Bridgewater. I like Case too. Heck, even Sloter gets me a little excited. I just want the Vikings to find a really good QB that can start 16 games a few years in a row.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

808vikingsfan wrote:
Eh. I really don't know what I'm trying to say. I like Bradford (healthy). I like Bridgewater. I like Case too. Heck, even Sloter gets me a little excited. I just want the Vikings to find a really good QB that can start 16 games a few years in a row.
:lol: At least you're being honest!! I agree. There isnt a QB on this roster I dont like. It's just we've gotten hit with the bad luck bug again
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: :lol: At least you're being honest!! I agree. There isnt a QB on this roster I dont like. It's just we've gotten hit with the bad luck bug again
There isn't one I don't like but Teddy being able to come back completely healthy (body and mind) has the most upside in my opinion. Bradford is older and has a long injury history - it's basically impossible for him to come back completely healthy with all of the damage to that knee. Though it was severe, this was Bridgewater's first injury. Case is a backup precisely because he can't maintain a high level of play game in and game out.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if none of them were the starter going into next season.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Drew Brees UFA in 2018. Just say'in.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Norv Zimmer wrote:IMO Sam is done. I would be surprised if he doesn't go on IR soon.

I think it is the Keenum show for the rest of the year, there is a slim chance Teddy plays this year.
I said that two weeks ago and it's coming true. Keenum is the man like it or not
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

mansquatch wrote:Drew Brees UFA in 2018. Just say'in.
I'd be for that as long as we drafted and groomed a QB for the next three years. Trade Diggs for him, he can't stay healthy and stay on the field. Anthony Carter was his size or smaller and he stayed on the field and was a Better WR than digs too.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

What is the winning percentage between Sam and Teddy. Thats the stat that matter. Teddy NEVER got to play behind an Oline which we have today either. Sam is just an injury waiting to happen.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Laserman wrote: I'd be for that as long as we drafted and groomed a QB for the next three years. Trade Diggs for him, he can't stay healthy and stay on the field. Anthony Carter was his size or smaller and he stayed on the field and was a Better WR than digs too.
lol trade Diggs for a guy thats about to be a free agent this coming year? Uhhhh??? :shock:
-Chazz Palminteri
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:What is the winning percentage between Sam and Teddy. Thats the stat that matter. Teddy NEVER got to play behind an Oline which we have today either. Sam is just an injury waiting to happen.
Bradford is 8-8 I believe. He won 1 game this season and 7 games last season. Teddy all time is 17-11.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

720pete wrote: Bradford is 8-8 I believe. He won 1 game this season and 7 games last season. Teddy all time is 17-11.
Don't look now but Case is 4-2! We would be happy if any one of the qb's has that record.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

With Sam Bradford (knee) also on the mend, Rapoport mentioned that the Vikings could be rapidly approaching a Week 10 scenario where Bradford, Bridgewater and interim starter Case Keenum are all healthy at once.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-earliest