View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:23 am



Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Sam-Teddy-Case thread 
Author Message
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23682
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Sam-Teddy-Case thread
This article sums it up. A lot of moving parts.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... qb-dilemma

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Wow yeah it's a good read. Helps clarify some things. Thanks for the post

_________________
Image


Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:28 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3303
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
So depressing...

It is conceivable that next year Case Keenum will be our only healthy starting QB. I know that is worst case, but given all that we are seeing it is an outcome with real potential to occur. If that isn't enough of a gut punch, it is happening because of bad luck and nothing more. UGH.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7974
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
mansquatch wrote:
So depressing...

It is conceivable that next year Case Keenum will be our only healthy starting QB. I know that is worst case, but given all that we are seeing it is an outcome with real potential to occur. If that isn't enough of a gut punch, it is happening because of bad luck and nothing more. UGH.


Well trading for an injury prone QB was not a good idea.

But yes, it is a depressing idea. I just dont know if we have anyone to scout and pick our future QB. I really thought Teddy might be it.


Last edited by PurpleKoolaid on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:40 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3488
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
mansquatch wrote:
So depressing...

It is conceivable that next year Case Keenum will be our only healthy starting QB. I know that is worst case, but given all that we are seeing it is an outcome with real potential to occur. If that isn't enough of a gut punch, it is happening because of bad luck and nothing more. UGH.



It sucks. We have been very unfortunate with injuries.

In very Vikings' fashion, Bradford looked amazing in the season opener (just as Teddy had during preseason before his injury) and just when we all start thinking about making a run, the football gods pulled the rug out from under us again.

Then Dalvin looks like ROY material, and we get it again.

Do we love to be tortured or what?


Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:37 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17793
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Keenum. Only signed for one year I think.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10706
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Teddy's head, Sam's arm, and Case's knees. Case Bradwater.


Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17793
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
S197 wrote:
Teddy's head, Sam's arm, and Case's knees. Case Bradwater.
Teddy Caseford?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23682
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
PurpleMustReign wrote:
S197 wrote:
Teddy's head, Sam's arm, and Case's knees. Case Bradwater.
Teddy Caseford?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Sasey Keenfordwater?

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17793
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
S197 wrote:
Teddy's head, Sam's arm, and Case's knees. Case Bradwater.
Teddy Caseford?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Sasey Keenfordwater?
Cambridge Watercase?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6050
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Cambridge Watercase?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Sounds like a Harvard grad...

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:46 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:34 am
Posts: 985
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Its another quarterback debacle no matter how you slice it. If Case keeps playing decent there is no way he will be back next year we got him at a huge discount. I hate to say it, but I doubt Bradford plays again this year and I've never been a fan of Teddy. Seems to me it is a lose-lose-lose situation at least as of now. Someone said go after Cousins and spend the money. I'd be all for it. It is a shame with such a good defense on the other side we can't get a true number one qb. On a bit of an opposite note, how much longer should we continue to say Treadwell is going to improve? He has been a complete ghost out there in fact, so much so I'm not sure he's caught more than 1 pass. It is hard to believe some of the poor draft choices we've made in the first round.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 2749
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Don't forget Sloter

Caseodore Slotford

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:03 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
mosscarter wrote:
Its another quarterback debacle no matter how you slice it. If Case keeps playing decent there is no way he will be back next year we got him at a huge discount. I hate to say it, but I doubt Bradford plays again this year and I've never been a fan of Teddy. Seems to me it is a lose-lose-lose situation at least as of now. Someone said go after Cousins and spend the money. I'd be all for it. It is a shame with such a good defense on the other side we can't get a true number one qb. On a bit of an opposite note, how much longer should we continue to say Treadwell is going to improve? He has been a complete ghost out there in fact, so much so I'm not sure he's caught more than 1 pass. It is hard to believe some of the poor draft choices we've made in the first round.


He's caught 5 passes and I've said time and time again, He's a #3 WR. Do you expect him to surpass Thielen and Diggs at this point?? He's stuck there and there isnt much thats going to change. We were never able to plug him into the #1 or #2 spot because Diggs continued to shine and Thielen came out of nowhere. If you ask me, we dont know what his true talent is because he hasnt gotten the opportunity.

As for the QB situation, it's a pile of bad luck. You know what I really find funny......

The fact that Sam Bradford is labeled "injury prone" because of two ACL injuries and it was "stupid" to trade for him. Teddy Bridgewater has 1 ACL injury. Does that mean he's one injury away from being "injury prone". Outside of the ACL's, Bradford missed some time due to a sprained ankle and only missed two games with a shoulder sprain.

Teddy on the other had, has 1 ACL injury, a concussion and also an ankle sprain that caused him to miss time his rookie year.

So because Sam Bradford has ONE more ACL injury than Teddy, he's considered injury prone?? Is that really how it works?? Remember when everyone said Rudy was injury prone and wanted Spielman to pull the plug on him?? I sure do. And I sat there and said that wasnt smart because he was a pro bowl TE when healthy. Rudy hasnt been hurt in how many seasons now?? (knock on wood) Sorry but I dont buy the "injury prone" tag.

Sam Bradford was sacked and pummeled the most he's ever been in his career last year and didnt miss a single game. If he was "injury prone" he would've gotten hurt somewhere in that time frame. He didnt. So honestly I'm over listening to "yeah Spielman was so dumb trading for an injury prone QB".

The BIG question is, coming off an 11-5 playoff season, having a loaded defense, still having AP who was coming off a big year and having Super Bowl contenders written all over us, everyone that thinks Spielman was dumb for trading for Sam was okay with rolling with Shaun Hill the rest of the year?? Or some practice squad, low level QB?? I'll wait..... :whistle:

_________________
Image


Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:54 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 8071
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Spielman made the right move to trade for Bradford I think but I also think it's fair to say he's injury prone (if that's the phrase you want to use). That's to say he's more likely than a person who has never had an ACL tear to have problems with his knee. The fact that it has happened twice makes it worse, of course. Now there is yet a 3rd problem with the knee.

Three injuries to the same knee that is now so bad it's hard to tell what's wrong with it when it starts acting up. I don't know if that's "injury prone" but I do know it's a lot more likely to get injured than someone who hasn't had the same problems.

Bridgewater's ACL could very well put him into the same category before it's all said and done. We just don't know yet. His concussion I think we all know wasn't a result of him being "prone to injury".

_________________
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson


Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:02 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Cliff wrote:
Spielman made the right move to trade for Bradford I think but I also think it's fair to say he's injury prone (if that's the phrase you want to use). That's to say he's more likely than a person who has never had an ACL tear to have problems with his knee. The fact that it has happened twice makes it worse, of course. Now there is yet a 3rd problem with the knee.

Three injuries to the same knee that is now so bad it's hard to tell what's wrong with it when it starts acting up. I don't know if that's "injury prone" but I do know it's a lot more likely to get injured than someone who hasn't had the same problems.


It's honestly like the word "bust". It's so overused and half the time, people dont even know what it truly means. I actually found a pretty good site regarding injury history because I wanted to look back on Bradford. It's http://sportsinjurypredictor.com It actually shows a model of each player in professional sports and where they got hurt along with descriptions of the injury. It's funny when you look at Rudy's model compared to Bradfords. Rudy had a lot more injuries but nobody ever talks about Rudy anymore. It use to be constant talk on here that Rudy is injury prone.

I dont know I just dont think I classify Bradford as injury prone. It seemed he got that label early in his career and nobody ever let it go. I mean he hasnt had an issue with his knee in over 3 years. It's just another one of those touchy words. Some people with perceive him like that others wont. IMO, guys like Tyler Eifert, Sean Lee, Kevin White and even Luke Kuechly now are injury prone IMO. They are hurt year after year. I dont look at Bradford like those guys

Quote:
Bridgewater's ACL could very well put him into the same category before it's all said and done. We just don't know yet. His concussion I think we all know wasn't a result of him being "prone to injury".


Right same goes for Rudy vs. Dallas when a guy tackled him and literally sat on his foot and broke it. It more just the way you fall at times can tear or break something.

_________________
Image


Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 am
Profile
Backup

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 am
Posts: 70
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
mansquatch wrote:
So depressing...

It is conceivable that next year Case Keenum will be our only healthy starting QB. I know that is worst case, but given all that we are seeing it is an outcome with real potential to occur. If that isn't enough of a gut punch, it is happening because of bad luck and nothing more. UGH.


It wasn't bad luck trading for Bradford. Not having a viable backup option behind Teddy was a mistake as well as trading for an often injured two time ACL guy in Bradford.

Teddy getting hurt was bad luck, but a good GM doesn't put all his eggs in one basket at the QB position. Spielman did it twice, trading a first rounder (could have been Deshawn Watson) for Bradford. Not taking shots at mid round QB's in previous drafts. Guys like Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:49 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6560
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
You know what I really find funny......

The fact that Sam Bradford is labeled "injury prone" because of two ACL injuries and it was "stupid" to trade for him. Teddy Bridgewater has 1 ACL injury. Does that mean he's one injury away from being "injury prone". Outside of the ACL's, Bradford missed some time due to a sprained ankle and only missed two games with a shoulder sprain.

Teddy on the other had, has 1 ACL injury, a concussion and also an ankle sprain that caused him to miss time his rookie year.

So because Sam Bradford has ONE more ACL injury than Teddy, he's considered injury prone?? Is that really how it works??

Let me start by repeating something I've said many times -- I like Sam Bradford a lot. I think he's a top-5 arm talent in the entire NFL. Nobody throws a better deep ball, and we've all seen what he can do with the short stuff. When he's healthy, he's a tremendous passer.

But he's had far more than the two ACL injuries.

• He missed 10 games in 2011 because of an ankle sprain that initially caused him to miss 6 games, then 4 more when he re-injured it twice.
• He missed 2 games in 2015 because of a concussion and 2 more because of a shoulder dislocation.
• That's in addition to the 25 games he missed during 2013 and 2014 due to the two ACL tears.

Add in the 3 games he's missed this season, and you're looking at a guy who has missed 41% of his team's games (39 out of 95) in 6+ years. With that track record, it's completely accurate to say he's been injury prone during his NFL career. And that doesn't count the 16 games he missed due to injury at Oklahoma. There's just no way around it ... Sam is a guy who has trouble staying on the field.

Again, I love Sam Bradford. I think he's mega-talented, and I think the four years he spent under Jeff Fisher probably had as much to do with his injury history as anything. I wish he could stay healthy because I believe he's talented enough and smart enough to be the franchise quarterback we've been waiting for since Daunte Culpepper shredded his knee. But the unfortunate truth is that Sam Bradford is injury prone. There's simply no arguing it.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:55 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6560
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
FireSpieldope wrote:
mansquatch wrote:
So depressing...

It is conceivable that next year Case Keenum will be our only healthy starting QB. I know that is worst case, but given all that we are seeing it is an outcome with real potential to occur. If that isn't enough of a gut punch, it is happening because of bad luck and nothing more. UGH.


It wasn't bad luck trading for Bradford. Not having a viable backup option behind Teddy was a mistake as well as trading for an often injured two time ACL guy in Bradford.

Teddy getting hurt was bad luck, but a good GM doesn't put all his eggs in one basket at the QB position. Spielman did it twice, trading a first rounder (could have been Deshawn Watson) for Bradford. Not taking shots at mid round QB's in previous drafts. Guys like Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson.

It's easy to be right about guys like Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson when you're looking at it after the fact.

The truth is that every team in the NFL passed on Dak Prescott -- 3 times. And every team in the NFL passed on Russell Wilson. That includes the Cowboys and the Seahawks. Plus, let's watch Dak Prescott over the next few weeks when he doesn't have Zeke Elliott. The Cowboys are struggling this year even with Zeke, and a decently large part of it is because of the inaccuracy issues Prescott had in college, which caused him to fall down the board to the 4th round. His completion percentage is down, his YPA is down, his interception percentage is up, and he's not hitting on throws down the field. Not to mention, the Cowboys don't have the soft schedule they had last year. Consequently, his team is 2-3.

As for Wilson, very few 5-10 quarterbacks succeed in this league.

If we're honest here, we see that the Vikings have three pretty good quarterbacks on the roster. It just so happens that two of them are hurt. Of course, with a handle like "FireSpieldope," you're not likely to be swayed, so I'm probably wasting my time here.

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:05 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 am
Posts: 70
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
FireSpieldope wrote:
mansquatch wrote:
So depressing...

It is conceivable that next year Case Keenum will be our only healthy starting QB. I know that is worst case, but given all that we are seeing it is an outcome with real potential to occur. If that isn't enough of a gut punch, it is happening because of bad luck and nothing more. UGH.


It wasn't bad luck trading for Bradford. Not having a viable backup option behind Teddy was a mistake as well as trading for an often injured two time ACL guy in Bradford.

Teddy getting hurt was bad luck, but a good GM doesn't put all his eggs in one basket at the QB position. Spielman did it twice, trading a first rounder (could have been Deshawn Watson) for Bradford. Not taking shots at mid round QB's in previous drafts. Guys like Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson.

It's easy to be right about guys like Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson when you're looking at it after the fact.

The truth is that every team in the NFL passed on Dak Prescott -- 3 times. And every team in the NFL passed on Russell Wilson. That includes the Cowboys and the Seahawks. Plus, let's watch Dak Prescott over the next few weeks when he doesn't have Zeke Elliott. The Cowboys are struggling this year even with Zeke, and a decently large part of it is because of the inaccuracy issues Prescott had in college, which caused him to fall down the board to the 4th round. His completion percentage is down, his YPA is down, his interception percentage is up, and he's not hitting on throws down the field. Not to mention, the Cowboys don't have the soft schedule they had last year. Consequently, his team is 2-3.

As for Wilson, very few 5-10 quarterbacks succeed in this league.

If we're honest here, we see that the Vikings have three pretty good quarterbacks on the roster. It just so happens that two of them are hurt. Of course, with a handle like "FireSpieldope," you're not likely to be swayed, so I'm probably wasting my time here.


I agree with you on Dak. It's still too early to say he is a steal or will be a great QB. But he's looked pretty good so far. You are right that not many mid round picks turn out, but some do. When you don't draft any your chances are zero though. You got to take a shot if you don't have a good backup, which the Vikings did not. Some teams take a shot and they end up with the Dak, to Russell Wilson or Tom Brady. Instead Spieldope wastes picks on guys like MoBO.

My stance on the Bradford trade, still the same. Hated it then. hate it now. Heck he could have been had for a late round pick a few weeks later when inevitably the young top pick got his chance. Bradford was never staying with the Eagles so to give up a 1st for him was overpaying.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:28 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17793
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Remember too, mobile QBs look good for one season, maybe two if they are lucky. Kaepernick looked like a star in the making, and really so did Michael Vick. Vick was decent for most of his career because he was an accurate passer. Almost all of the rest of them fizzle off because they can move but they can't throw. Dak hasn't shown me enough accuracy to tell me he will be any different than Kaepernick or RGIII.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6560
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
FireSpieldope wrote:
I agree with you on Dak. It's still too early to say he is a steal or will be a great QB. But he's looked pretty good so far. You are right that not many mid round picks turn out, but some do. When you don't draft any your chances are zero though. You got to take a shot if you don't have a good backup, which the Vikings did not. Some teams take a shot and they end up with the Dak, to Russell Wilson or Tom Brady. Instead Spieldope wastes picks on guys like MoBO.

But it's not like we haven't drafted ANY mid- to late-round QBs.

Tarvaris Jackson, 2006
Tyler Thigpen, 2007
John David Booty, 2008
Joe Webb, 2010

Then of course, there's Ponder and Bridgewater, who were first-rounders. Six quarterbacks in 9 years.

Not saying any of these guys were worth a darn, with the possible exception of Teddy. But that's the thing with mid- or late-round QBs. For every Dak Prescott, there's 25 John David Bootys.

MoBo, I'll give you. Wasted pick. But he's also drafted guys like Stefon Diggs (5th), Danielle Hunter (3rd) and Griffen (4th); he hit the jackpot with undrafted Adam Thielen; and he's hit on a ton of first- and second-rounders (Barr, Kendricks, Smith, Rhodes, Cook, Rudolph, Kalil before all the injuries, et. al.).

_________________
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:28 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 am
Posts: 70
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
FireSpieldope wrote:
I agree with you on Dak. It's still too early to say he is a steal or will be a great QB. But he's looked pretty good so far. You are right that not many mid round picks turn out, but some do. When you don't draft any your chances are zero though. You got to take a shot if you don't have a good backup, which the Vikings did not. Some teams take a shot and they end up with the Dak, to Russell Wilson or Tom Brady. Instead Spieldope wastes picks on guys like MoBO.

But it's not like we haven't drafted ANY mid- to late-round QBs.

Tarvaris Jackson, 2006
Tyler Thigpen, 2007
John David Booty, 2008
Joe Webb, 2010

Then of course, there's Ponder and Bridgewater, who were first-rounders. Six quarterbacks in 9 years.

Not saying any of these guys were worth a darn, with the possible exception of Teddy. But that's the thing with mid- or late-round QBs. For every Dak Prescott, there's 25 John David Bootys.

MoBo, I'll give you. Wasted pick. But he's also drafted guys like Stefon Diggs (5th), Danielle Hunter (3rd) and Griffen (4th); he hit the jackpot with undrafted Adam Thielen; and he's hit on a ton of first- and second-rounders (Barr, Kendricks, Smith, Rhodes, Cook, Rudolph, Kalil before all the injuries, et. al.).


Yep it was 2010 and Spielman was not GM yet so it's hard to credit/blame him for those. Since Ponder was drafted we have not seen ANY good QB's or competition IF/WHEN the starter goes down. I said it in another thread that it is detrimental overall to make sure your backup is far worse then your starter so you don't have any QB controversy. I can only think that is why Spielman continued with such poor backup options.

Teams like Washington who drafted RG3 still draft Cousins IN THE SAME YEAR. Cousins is a good QB, not great but good enough so they have had to franchise him twice now. So after RG3 flamed out, they had another option. Teams like the Patriots continue to draft QB's even with Tom Brady, again because they know you need a good backup QB in case Brady misses time.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7235
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
mansquatch wrote:
So depressing...

It is conceivable that next year Case Keenum will be our only healthy starting QB. I know that is worst case, but given all that we are seeing it is an outcome with real potential to occur. If that isn't enough of a gut punch, it is happening because of bad luck and nothing more. UGH.



it's not just conceivable, it's likely Case will be the only QB we have next year. Both Teddy and Sam are one tiny small hit or turf trip away from Being crippled. Come on guys, really?, neither of these injury prone guys are the future here. It's pretty obvious.


Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile
Commissioner

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 23761
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Quote:
Since Ponder was drafted we have not seen ANY good QB's or competition IF/WHEN the starter goes down.


Because the GM was never willing to sign/draft anyone capable of competing. Which was pointed out by multiple posters every year since Ponder was drafted. Including the signing of a guy like Keenum... :hitfan:


Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7974
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
The Vikings organization as a whole doesnt know how to pick QBs. Rick certainly doesnt. We need to get someone who does, right now. Because reguardless of who is playing QB at the end of the year, we need to draft a better option now. And no more FA's that cost a first pick, have been injured most of their career, and have the worst Oline in the NFL. We get a QB and build the Oline around him. We are good on RBs (once Cook is back) and WR's for now. I would even suggest trying to get something for Treedwell (I hate the excuse he hasnt seen time-he hasnt seen much time on the field cause he shows nothing at practice or when he is on the field) and Wright. Chicago could use both.


Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:41 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm
Posts: 1390
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
S197 wrote:
Teddy's head, Sam's arm, and Case's knees. Case Bradwater.

WE CAN REBUILD HIM.....WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!

_________________
Image
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter


Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:27 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1617
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
We brought Sloter in and paid him above what we had to. How many year contract did we sign him to?
Maybe he is our future.


Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:45 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10706
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
halfgiz wrote:
We brought Sloter in and paid him above what we had to. How many year contract did we sign him to?
Maybe he is our future.


Just one year. The Vikings don't have anyone under contract for 2018 unless TB sits the whole year.


Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:18 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 2749
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Sam-Teddy-Case thread
Just thought this was interesting.

Quote:
Every starting quarterback’s draft position (self.nfl)
Submitted 8 hours ago by BongoKing3


1st Round: Goff (1), Winston (1), Luck (1), Manning (1), Bradford (1), Stafford (1), Palmer (1), Newton (1), Smith (1), Trubisky (2), Mariota (2), Wentz (2), Bortles (3), Ryan (3), Rivers (4), Roethlisberger (11), Cutler (11), Watson (12), Flacco (18), Rodgers (24)

2nd Round: Brees (32), Dalton (35), Carr (36)

3rd Round: Wilson (75), McCown (81)

4th Round: Cousins (102), Prescott (135)

5th Round: Hogan (162)

6th Round: Taylor (180), Brady (199)

7th Round: Siemian (250)

Undrafted: Hoyer

Yes, I was bored.



Every starting quarterback’s draft position

*The OP listed Bradford. Keenum would be grouped with Hoyer as undrafted.

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.