Week 5 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Week 5 Reaction Thread

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Grashopa wrote:is Sloter "mobile"?
Yes.

STRENGTHS Needs more weight on his frame, but has size needed to see over his offensive line. Has been working with former NFL offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild to improve his delivery and mechanics. Has experience under center and in a play-action offense from pistol set. Appears to be comfortable throwing on the move and has the arm talent to make throws from a variety of arm slots. Throws with plus drive velocity when it's time to rip it into a window. Quick-footed athlete who is able to elude pocket pressure and hurt teams with his legs.

WEAKNESSES Still extremely raw. Has just one season of quarterback experience under his belt. Doesn't have experience necessary to throw with desired timing and anticipation at this point. Looks for open man rather than developing windows. Footwork can become an absolute mess in the pocket. Will throw with front side flying wide open at times. Inconsistent ball placement plagues him with crossing routes. Leaves wide receivers in a holding pattern with some of his underthrows on deep shots. Ball doesn't come out on time frequently enough.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

So if he fixed his weaknesses, he'd be Aaron Rodgers?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Dmizzle0 wrote:So if he fixed his weaknesses, he'd be Aaron Rodgers?
Wouldn't they all?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Dmizzle0 wrote:So if he fixed his weaknesses, he'd be Aaron Rodgers?
Lively arm, athletic, tall, gun slinger mentality, hungry, good work ethic. Not Rodgers potential but he could develop into an NFL starter in a few years.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

dead_poet wrote: Wouldn't they all?
I was thinking that as I submitted that question.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

808vikingsfan wrote:Yes.

STRENGTHS Needs more weight on his frame, but has size needed to see over his offensive line. Has been working with former NFL offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild to improve his delivery and mechanics. Has experience under center and in a play-action offense from pistol set. Appears to be comfortable throwing on the move and has the arm talent to make throws from a variety of arm slots. Throws with plus drive velocity when it's time to rip it into a window. Quick-footed athlete who is able to elude pocket pressure and hurt teams with his legs.

WEAKNESSES Still extremely raw. Has just one season of quarterback experience under his belt. Doesn't have experience necessary to throw with desired timing and anticipation at this point. Looks for open man rather than developing windows. Footwork can become an absolute mess in the pocket. Will throw with front side flying wide open at times. Inconsistent ball placement plagues him with crossing routes. Leaves wide receivers in a holding pattern with some of his underthrows on deep shots. Ball doesn't come out on time frequently enough.
His weaknesses sounds like he's working with two left feet and eleven thumbs. :D
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote: Lively arm, athletic, tall, gun slinger mentality, hungry, good work ethic. Not Rodgers potential but he could develop into an NFL starter in a few years.
Brett Favre?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I don't get KFAN where I am. Wonder if the Vikings game broadcasts are on iHeart Radio. Probably not.
I think it is. Well, KFAN is definitely on iHeart radio. I'm not sure I've ever tired it on game day. I guess I'll try that on Sunday, just for kicks.
Damian
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Dames wrote: I think it is. Well, KFAN is definitely on iHeart radio. I'm not sure I've ever tired it on game day. I guess I'll try that on Sunday, just for kicks.
KFAN is on iHeart but I believe during games they play replays of other stuff rather than the game. I recall trying to listen to a game this way a few years back this way. No dice.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

halfgiz wrote:

@christomasson
31m
Eric Sugarman quote on Teddy Bridgewater: "He will be reevaluated by his surgeon next Monday and then we'll take it from there.''

Vikings have 3 weeks before they have to decide if they are going to put Teddy on the active 53 man roster. Or he goes to Pup/IR
So as soon as he is activated next week, he's eligible to play (even though I dont think that will happen but just curious)??
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

McKinnon was the tops. A+ more more of that!
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

S197 wrote: KFAN is on iHeart but I believe during games they play replays of other stuff rather than the game. I recall trying to listen to a game this way a few years back this way. No dice.
Well, I guess that doesn't surprise me. You can get it on SiriusXM app if you happen to have a subscription. That may not be helpful :P
Damian
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Dames wrote: Well, I guess that doesn't surprise me. You can get it on SiriusXM app if you happen to have a subscription. That may not be helpful :P
A hundred bucks gets you all the replays and live radio broadcasts on NFL game pass, which I figure is about the price of going to one game at the stadium. I'm in the Seattle area now, so I have to watch the Vikings games after they complete. Or listen live.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: So as soon as he is activated next week, he's eligible to play (even though I dont think that will happen but just curious)??
Yes. The Vikings have 3 weeks to either put him on the 53 or shut him down for the season.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Yes. The Vikings have 3 weeks to either put him on the 53 or shut him down for the season.
Gotcha thanks Kapp
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri