Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

IrishViking wrote:
You might be the Mondayiest Morningiest Quarterback to Ever Quarterback a Monday Morning.
And maybe he should be our GM. Because he seems to know everything there is to know about Quarterbacks. :roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

FireSpieldope wrote:I'm not sure if Teddy can recover enough or not. It seems Bradford at best should be a backup QB. He was never great when healthy and he has a really bum left knee. He's a guy maybe you can go to for a few games if need be, but to count on him for an entire season or seasons, seems like a big risk.

Another reason why Spielman failed. Should have drafted a QB in the mid rounds last offseason. Missed on Dak Prescott who looks the part. The traded away the 1st rounder. Missed on Deshaun Watson (forget where he was picked exactly but another whiff).

I'd rather have Watson or Prescott then Bradford at this point. Other teams can get QB's, but the Vikings can't. I wonder why?
Really? Another anti-Spielman post? Never would have guessed.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

IrishViking wrote:
You might be the Mondayiest Morningiest Quarterback to Ever Quarterback a Monday Morning.
I would agree with you if beforehand I didn't want an upgrade over Hill in the draft or call the Bradford trade horrible or prior to the draft want Watson. It was obvious to me we needed a better backup in case Teddy missed extensive time and Bradford wasn't worth a First round pick. Now maybe for you it wasn't obvious.
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: And maybe he should be our GM. Because he seems to know everything there is to know about Quarterbacks. :roll:
LOL, To be honest I was/am a Teddy guy. Spielman made the right pick there IMO, sometimes things don't work out. Maybe it still will. Just to let you know I am not biased. I also liked Kalil, so maybe I was a bonehead there too. haha. I also am not saying I was a Prescott guy, I just thought a mid round type potential backup/starter QB was smart to draft. Just knowing that Hill wasn't that good nor was he ever starter material. I also liked that QB from Ole Miss as a mid- late rounder last year, Kelly's nephew. I forget his name. Not sure where he went or what not.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sugarman just said it's "wear and tear" on the knee. NOT A BONE BRUISE. Related to previous two knee surgeries.

This changes a lot.

Got an MRI that showed no new damage (that's good at least).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

FullWood wrote:Are we looking into drafting a franchise quarterback?
We've been looking into drafting a franchise QB since Daunte Culpepper blew out his knee in 2005.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Sugarman just said it's "wear and tear" on the knee. NOT A BONE BRUISE. Related to previous two knee surgeries.

This changes a lot.

Got an MRI that showed no new damage (that's good at least).
You have to ask yourself why was he out there? I find it peculiar that if he was in limited practice, obviously no contact, that Zimmer would jump the gun.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

720pete wrote: We've been looking into drafting a franchise QB since Daunte Culpepper blew out his knee in 2005.
I still would like to have AJ McCarron.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

CbusVikesFan wrote: You have to ask yourself why was he out there? I find it peculiar that if he was in limited practice, obviously no contact, that Zimmer would jump the gun.
Apparently everyone gave the green light, including Sugarman. I dunno. Weird. You wonder how long they shut him down now.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote: Apparently everyone gave the green light, including Sugarman. I dunno. Weird. You wonder how long they shut him down now.
I was jacked after week one. Crushed by week two. Concerned week 5. Flabbergasted end of 5.
Sam better think about life after football and how much it would mean to walk when he's 50.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

http://vikingsterritory.com/2017/opinio ... -is-enough
What I saw last night was a desperate man, one fighting (literally) on his last leg to remain relevant, today and in the years ahead. Sitting out would only fuel the franchise’s desire to turn back to a healthy Bridgewater this season; starting the game, albeit hurt, would at least give Bradford a shot at a prolonged audition for 2018 and beyond. But Bradford’s body, as it has in the past, failed him when it mattered most.

In front of millions in primetime, we watched a player’s body crumble under the pressure to rush back from chronic injury; we saw shoulders slump in pitiful acceptance of an injury that could, potentially, knock Bradford out of football for good; we saw him grapple, on live television, with his own fragility.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

FireSpieldope wrote:I'm not sure if Teddy can recover enough or not. It seems Bradford at best should be a backup QB. He was never great when healthy and he has a really bum left knee. He's a guy maybe you can go to for a few games if need be, but to count on him for an entire season or seasons, seems like a big risk.

Another reason why Spielman failed. Should have drafted a QB in the mid rounds last offseason. Missed on Dak Prescott who looks the part. The traded away the 1st rounder. Missed on Deshaun Watson (forget where he was picked exactly but another whiff).

I'd rather have Watson or Prescott then Bradford at this point. Other teams can get QB's, but the Vikings can't. I wonder why?
While I don't dislike Spielman anywhere near the level that you do, I do agree that his refusal to draft a mid-round QB has also been a criticism of mine. It seems like our QB's are 1st rounders or UDFA's with nothing in between. And not just last year, every year from what I can recall. It goes back to Favre, how the heck do you have a 40 year-old QB and no contingency plan? The guy is 40!

Seriously, who was the last QB taken in the mid-rounds? Please tell me it wasn't John David Booty. And no, Joe Webb doesn't count.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote: While I don't dislike Spielman anywhere near the level that you do, I do agree that his refusal to draft a mid-round QB has also been a criticism of mine. It seems like our QB's are 1st rounders or UDFA's with nothing in between. And not just last year, every year from what I can recall. It goes back to Favre, how the heck do you have a 40 year-old QB and no contingency plan? The guy is 40!

Seriously, who was the last QB taken in the mid-rounds? Please tell me it wasn't John David Booty. And no, Joe Webb doesn't count.
Since 1987:
1987 Brent Pease Round 11
1992 Brad Johnson Round 9
1993 Gino Torretta Round 7
1995 Chad May Round 4
1999 Dante Culpepper Round 1
2006 Tarvaris Jackson Round 2
2007 Tyler Thigpen Round 7
2008 John Booty Round 5
2010 Joe Webb Round 6
2011 Christian Ponder Round 1
2014 Teddy Bridgewater Round 1
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Ben Leber is speculating knee arthritis. Take that for what it's worth.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The Vikings drafted Chad May?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018