Case and point

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Case and point

Post by purplehaze »

I am starting to like this guy more and more. He is mobile and pretty accurate. And he can run for a 1st down and extend plays.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Case and point

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

purplehaze wrote:I am starting to like this guy more and more. He is mobile and pretty accurate. And he can run for a 1st down and extend plays.
I remember when fans were saying he wasnt a good backup. Again I will say he's a top 5 backup in the league
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I remember when fans were saying he wasnt a good backup. Again I will say he's a top 5 backup in the league
Yeah I am just curious when was the last time a Viking Backup QB passed for 25/33 for 369 yards and 3 tds? Just seems like potential to me and the guy is still only 29 years old.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I like him too he's definitely solid with some experience
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Detroit? :lol: The weekly carousal here is painful. There is long term, unchanging reason why he was available as a backup this year.
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

The guy is a roller coaster, same as Bradford. Completely Bi-Polar. One week they are garbage, the next week they look like an All-Pro. I would love it if on their bad days they were not so awful.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

unfortunately, as we saw last night, Bradford's knee is not where it needs to be. They are going to have to sit on him and just wait. He obviously was not playing at 100% last night. I'm glad they pulled him.

Curious to see where TB is at when he comes off the PUP list. Bradford's knee might be the best thing to ever happen to him.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

unfortunately, as we saw last night, Bradford's knee is not where it needs to be. They are going to have to sit on him and just wait. He obviously was not playing at 100% last night. I'm glad they pulled him.

Curious to see where TB is at when he comes off the PUP list. Bradford's knee might be the best thing to ever happen to him.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

As upset as people got when it was suggested to being AD back, seeing posts about TB coming back to save our season grt me going just as much. He hasn't done any hard core practicing yet, and to even suggest that he will be able to play in an actual game is ludicrous. If, and that is a big if, he does play in the NFL again, it will not be until next season.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

PurpleMustReign wrote:As upset as people got when it was suggested to being AD back, seeing posts about TB coming back to save our season grt me going just as much. He hasn't done any hard core practicing yet, and to even suggest that he will be able to play in an actual game is ludicrous. If, and that is a big if, he does play in the NFL again, it will not be until next season.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
You really can't see TB as a better option than Case Keenum at QB? I get it on where TB is at practice wise, but it seems absurd to think that a healthy and up to speed TB is equal to or less than Keenum.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I remember when fans were saying he wasnt a good backup. Again I will say he's a top 5 backup in the league
I would like to see a larger sample size with Keenum. He has been on pretty crappy teams and seeing as how this team is far better than those maybe he just needs a bit more time. He is obviously capable, shows good leadership & fire, mobile when needed, and has shown a pretty good arm. Just needs to be consistent.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

autobon7 wrote: I would like to see a larger sample size with Keenum. He has been on pretty crappy teams and seeing as how this team is far better than those maybe he just needs a bit more time. He is obviously capable, shows good leadership & fire, mobile when needed, and has shown a pretty good arm. Just needs to be consistent.
He did a good job last night. It really looked like he was commanding the huddle and giving good orders to move his protection around. He's not your standard second string QB.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

mansquatch wrote: You really can't see TB as a better option than Case Keenum at QB? I get it on where TB is at practice wise, but it seems absurd to think that a healthy and up to speed TB is equal to or less than Keenum.
That's the thing. Nobody knows where he's at regarding health and mentality. He's been out almost a year and a half... after a devastating injury. Prior to that, he hadn't really shown he had taken the next step to being a really good QB. It's all speculation at this point. He looked great that last preseason game, but that means very little. If he's healthy and ready to go, then yeah, he's a better option than Keenum. But, nobody knows that.
Damian
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

And yet you said we were all overreacting when we wanted Case to replace Sam as QB last night...
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: And yet you said we were all overreacting when we wanted Case to replace Sam as QB last night...
And again, you have no idea what you're talking about. I actually sent S197 a PM after I said that to him. It was 2 drives in, I didnt look at who posted that Keenum needed to be in but jumped to conclusion and thought that he was another fan on here saying Bradford is just a bad QB, not that he was hurt and needed to come out. I took it the wrong way and made sure he knew that and I apologized.

And also, I didnt say "all of you are overreacting". It was to S197 only and like I said I made sure he knew that. So instead of trying to put words in my mouth, how about we just move on.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri