Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by Knoxx »

PurpleMustReign wrote:He isn't as annoying as I thought he would be. He seems to be able to effectively analyze the game which is not easy to do on the fly, especially for someone who has never done it before.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
:point:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

akvikingsfan wrote: Yes. 2010 and 2012. I would also argue that he played all the games last season because the one that he missed wasn't due to injury.
I know, but he still didnt complete a full season. I think that effects his poor W/L record. I'm still trying to figure out why we traded a first for him.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why we traded a first for him.
Because the team management thought they were primed for a deep playoff run, he was the best QB we could get at the time, and that was the price we were willing to pay to get him.
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: I know, but he still didnt complete a full season. I think that effects his poor W/L record. I'm still trying to figure out why we traded a first for him.
Maybe tonight will help your inability to comprehend.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

quote="PurpleKoolaid"]

He didnt play a full season last year. Has he ever?[/quote]

I know, but he still didnt complete a full season. I think that effects his poor W/L record. I'm still trying to figure out why we traded a first for him.[/quote]

Maybe tonight will help your inability to comprehend.[/quote]

:rofl:
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:And what's Teddy done? Neither QB has "proven" anything. Either way, I don't really care what Sam Bradford did when he was at the St Louis Rams. Those were horrible teams. I want to see what he can do now. That's what I want to see. Not what his career record is. Since he's been gone from the Rams he had career years. That says something about how bad those teams were

K... hes 9-8 with us. XD my point as it has been all along is Bradford is much much MUCH further along his career path than Bridgewater is. Bridgewater MIGHT improve/develop into a fantastic QB. Bradford is what he is; a Fragile QB with a high ceiling he doesn't consistently hit.

And this is why its so hard to talk about how freaking pedestrian Bradford is with his overall numbers you say ANYTHING about him and the only response is "Yeah but Teddy..." setting Teddy aside, Bradford is a delicate flower who is as more likely to lose than win. Period.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

IrishViking wrote:
K... hes 9-8 with us. XD my point as it has been all along is Bradford is much much MUCH further along his career path than Bridgewater is. Bridgewater MIGHT improve/develop into a fantastic QB. Bradford is what he is; a Fragile QB with a high ceiling he doesn't consistently hit.

And this is why its so hard to talk about how freaking pedestrian Bradford is with his overall numbers you say ANYTHING about him and the only response is "Yeah but Teddy..." setting Teddy aside, Bradford is a delicate flower who is as more likely to lose than win. Period.
The trouble the Viks have now is the fact that their 2 best QBs are damaged goods. My gut tells me that neither guy is the QB to move forward with. Why can't we have nice things?
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Are we looking into drafting a franchise quarterback?
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

we better be, truth be told we don't have a starting QB on this roster. Bradford is done friends, he is done. His knee will never be the same. Todays game REQUIRES a Mobile QB unless you are tom brady or peyton manning. High time the Vikings put a year into studying QBs in college and make an intelligent Draft of a QB
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Laserman wrote:we better be, truth be told we don't have a starting QB on this roster. Bradford is done friends, he is done. His knee will never be the same. Todays game REQUIRES a Mobile QB unless you are tom brady or peyton manning. High time the Vikings put a year into studying QBs in college and make an intelligent Draft of a QB

Its weird you don't think they do this. Like they literally wing it. :lol: Teddy was universally Lauded as "the pick" for us. and I don't care what revisionist history people care to write, up until that injury he was developing. He looked very very sharp in those preseason games. I don't know if he will be able to pick up where he left off but this image of the vikings front office being inept is strange. They aced the Oline this off season, they hung onto teddy and got Case like they Knew bradfords knee was going to implode, they know what they are doing.
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

I'm not sure if Teddy can recover enough or not. It seems Bradford at best should be a backup QB. He was never great when healthy and he has a really bum left knee. He's a guy maybe you can go to for a few games if need be, but to count on him for an entire season or seasons, seems like a big risk.

Another reason why Spielman failed. Should have drafted a QB in the mid rounds last offseason. Missed on Dak Prescott who looks the part. The traded away the 1st rounder. Missed on Deshaun Watson (forget where he was picked exactly but another whiff).

I'd rather have Watson or Prescott then Bradford at this point. Other teams can get QB's, but the Vikings can't. I wonder why?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

FireSpieldope wrote:I'm not sure if Teddy can recover enough or not. It seems Bradford at best should be a backup QB. He was never great when healthy and he has a really bum left knee. He's a guy maybe you can go to for a few games if need be, but to count on him for an entire season or seasons, seems like a big risk.

Another reason why Spielman failed. Should have drafted a QB in the mid rounds last offseason. Missed on Dak Prescott who looks the part. The traded away the 1st rounder. Missed on Deshaun Watson (forget where he was picked exactly but another whiff).

I'd rather have Watson or Prescott then Bradford at this point. Other teams can get QB's, but the Vikings can't. I wonder why?
Lol
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
darrenjohn89
Waterboy

Post by darrenjohn89 »

FireSpieldope wrote:I'm not sure if Teddy can recover enough or not. It seems Bradford at best should be a backup QB. He was never great when healthy and he has a really bum left knee. He's a guy maybe you can go to for a few games if need be, but to count on him for an entire season or seasons, seems like a big risk.

Missed on Aaron Rodgers missed on brady missed on Matt Ryan. We should just start drafting every quarterback in the draft and field a team of all quarterbacks.....QB's don't always work out man it's like playing the lottery you could buy,5,000 dollars worth of tickets an not win or you could buy 1 and hit big. Even sure fire first rounders don't work out...ehem Sam Bradford. He was a first round draft pick twice an how's he doin right now???
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

darrenjohn89 wrote:

Missed on Aaron Rodgers missed on brady missed on Matt Ryan. We should just start drafting every quarterback in the draft and field a team of all quarterbacks.....QB's don't always work out man it's like playing the lottery you could buy,5,000 dollars worth of tickets an not win or you could buy 1 and hit big. Even sure fire first rounders don't work out...ehem Sam Bradford. He was a first round draft pick twice an how's he doin right now???
But if you don't play a ticket you can't win. We already knew Bradford was a losing ticket (the reason of him being dumped twice). I knew our backup spot needed upgrading Pre-Teddy-Injury. Spielman didn't. I knew Bradford wasn't worth a 1st round pick. SPielman didn't. Watson was my favorite QB in the draft. Didn't have a 1st rounder and Spielman probably didn't. So from my perspective Spielman is doing a horrendous job.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

FireSpieldope wrote:But if you don't play a ticket you can't win. We already knew Bradford was a losing ticket (the reason of him being dumped twice). I knew our backup spot needed upgrading Pre-Teddy-Injury. Spielman didn't. I knew Bradford wasn't worth a 1st round pick. SPielman didn't. Watson was my favorite QB in the draft. Didn't have a 1st rounder and Spielman probably didn't. So from my perspective Spielman is doing a horrendous job.

You might be the Mondayiest Morningiest Quarterback to Ever Quarterback a Monday Morning.