Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote:May need to change the thread title to "(insert most impact player name here) knee?? "
Unfortunately, that sounds like a very good idea
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mansquatch wrote: I'm commenting on this because I'm too depressed to discuss the injury situation.

Romo is the best commentator to come along in at least 10 years. He knows more of the modern game than just about all the other guys put together. Hopefully it'll be a trend and the broadcasters will recognize that the old guys are all past due and they'll bring in more young guys that know the current state of the game.
I like Romo, but he does have some things to learn. He's a little quick to offer his opinions on stuff, before he knows the outcome or sees a replay. And he's a little excitable in his communication. But man, he knows the game. I love it when he dissects replays because he's really good. I also like how he can call out what's going to happen based on formation, personnel, defensive look, etc. It's obvious he was a student of the game, and also that he recently played. He understands today's NFL.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Well, I thought you did ... you talked about "excuse making" coming from the Bradford camp. My bad, I guess. However, you still haven't answered MY question ... what excuse making? Bradford is injured. He's out until he's not, so I'm a little confused. I haven't seen the excuses, but I haven't read every word of every thread.

Excuse making for Bradford, as in, He somehow isn't an injury prone journeyman QB who has flashes of brilliance that never stick. That is LITERALLY Bradford's career to this point. Yet somehow its how Teddy is defined enough though he has only started 20 something games in two seasons compared to Bradford's 6 or 7.

A perfect example is the one way comparison street "What if Bradford had, had Peterson's 1500 yard season /thread" but never, "what if Bridgewater had, had the cleanest Oline play in 3 years like Bradford and Keenum got?"
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

IrishViking wrote:Excuse making for Bradford, as in, He somehow isn't an injury prone journeyman QB who has flashes of brilliance that never stick. That is LITERALLY Bradford's career to this point. Yet somehow its how Teddy is defined enough though he has only started 20 something games in two seasons compared to Bradford's 6 or 7.

A perfect example is the one way comparison street "What if Bradford had, had Peterson's 1500 yard season /thread" but never, "what if Bridgewater had, had the cleanest Oline play in 3 years like Bradford and Keenum got?"
Interesting. I haven't seen much of that, but I didn't see the thread you mentioned. I guess I don't read every thread.

If I were to make any excuse for Sam Bradford, it's that he played his first four years for Jeff Fisher. That guy is murder on quarterbacks. Bradford has tremendous arm talent, one of the best combinations of arm strength and accuracy/ball placement in the league. He's smart, and he works hard. There's a reason he was the No. 1 pick, and there's a reason teams haven't simply given up on him. He's very talented. Unfortunately, yes ... Bradford has gone through two ACL tears and just hasn't been able to stay healthy. For me, it's less of an excuse and more of what he could be (or could have been) if he'd had a solid offensive coach and if he'd stayed healthy. I also root for the guy. He's got all the talent in the world, save for any real mobility, and he's a Viking. I want him to succeed.

As for Teddy, there is nothing I would love more than for TB to come back strong and become the quarterback we all hoped he could be. I find it impossible to not root for this young man. The way he's conducted himself through this horrific injury ... just phenomenal. I really hope he makes it back and plays well. I'd much rather see the Vikings forced to make a very difficult decision about Teddy and Sam, rather than Sam just getting the job by default because TB can't make it back.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Interesting. I haven't seen much of that, but I didn't see the thread you mentioned. I guess I don't read every thread.

If I were to make any excuse for Sam Bradford, it's that he played his first four years for Jeff Fisher. That guy is murder on quarterbacks. Bradford has tremendous arm talent, one of the best combinations of arm strength and accuracy/ball placement in the league. He's smart, and he works hard. There's a reason he was the No. 1 pick, and there's a reason teams haven't simply given up on him. He's very talented. Unfortunately, yes ... Bradford has gone through two ACL tears and just hasn't been able to stay healthy. For me, it's less of an excuse and more of what he could be (or could have been) if he'd had a solid offensive coach and if he'd stayed healthy. I also root for the guy. He's got all the talent in the world, save for any real mobility, and he's a Viking. I want him to succeed.

As for Teddy, there is nothing I would love more than for TB to come back strong and become the quarterback we all hoped he could be. I find it impossible to not root for this young man. The way he's conducted himself through this horrific injury ... just phenomenal. I really hope he makes it back and plays well. I'd much rather see the Vikings forced to make a very difficult decision about Teddy and Sam, rather than Sam just getting the job by default because TB can't make it back.

This forum isn't the beginning and end of Viking conversations.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IrishViking wrote:
Excuse making for Bradford, as in, He somehow isn't an injury prone journeyman QB who has flashes of brilliance that never stick. That is LITERALLY Bradford's career to this point. Yet somehow its how Teddy is defined enough though he has only started 20 something games in two seasons compared to Bradford's 6 or 7.

First of all, Bradford is far from a "journeyman" QB and when it comes to overall talent as a QB, Sam is hands down the better QB over Teddy. Teddy's intangibles help him out but Bradford's arm, accuracy, release, etc is way better than Teddy's. Thats pretty obvious
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Hopefully Sammy Boy will be ready soon. If not Monday hopefully next game. If not Monday, if CK can hold the fort down and win this one, 2-2 is about what you could expect.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: First of all, Bradford is far from a "journeyman" QB and when it comes to overall talent as a QB, Sam is hands down the better QB over Teddy. Teddy's intangibles help him out but Bradford's arm, accuracy, release, etc is way better than Teddy's. Thats pretty obvious

Yeah, and its translated into... oh... nothing. Total jack. he is 33-45. and a 2-1 td/int rate. Career completion percentage of 62%

Again, I am a Bradford fan, but he has proven jack total crap all in his career. Except that he *has* a high ceiling that he very very rarely hits.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Has Sam ever played a complete season without getting hurt?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Has Sam ever played a complete season without getting hurt?
Is that a serious question?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Is that a serious question?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yes? Why? I cant remember a season where he actually started every game.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Yes? Why? I cant remember a season where he actually started every game.
:lol: uh last year?
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IrishViking wrote:
Yeah, and its translated into... oh... nothing. Total jack. he is 33-45. and a 2-1 td/int rate. Career completion percentage of 62%

Again, I am a Bradford fan, but he has proven jack total crap all in his career. Except that he *has* a high ceiling that he very very rarely hits.
And what's Teddy done? Neither QB has "proven" anything. Either way, I don't really care what Sam Bradford did when he was at the St Louis Rams. Those were horrible teams. I want to see what he can do now. That's what I want to see. Not what his career record is. Since he's been gone from the Rams he had career years. That says something about how bad those teams were
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Is that a serious question?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yes? Why? I cant remember a season where he actually started every game.[/quote]

:lol: uh last year?[/quote]

He didnt play a full season last year. Has he ever?
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
He didnt play a full season last year. Has he ever?
Yes. 2010 and 2012. I would also argue that he played all the games last season because the one that he missed wasn't due to injury.