Week 4 reaction thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3462
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by 808vikingsfan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 am

First. I think the Vikings need to replace Forbath

Except for all the missed tackles early, I thought the defense played well enough to win. They basically shutdown Detroit except for the first FG drive.

Frustrated with the offensive play calling all day. I mentioned this several times during the gameday thread but I would like to know why after very productive first down runs, they decided to pass on 2nd down almost exclusively. Detroit's 2 LBs were out. The Vikings were gashing the defense 4-6 yds at a time. Instead of running until DET stopped them, they decided to get cute/greedy and run play action on almost every 2nd down (seemed like every 2nd down). No reason to run that wildcat play at the time. No reason whatsoever.

Tough to lose Cook. I thought he (along with the improved OL) was the main reason this offense was so productive.

Also frustrated with Keenum. He was off today. Late on his reads, late on his move up in the pocket, and a lot of missed open receivers. Really thought he would've done better today. Which is why I thought they should've run Cook much more in the first half


I still think the Vikings have a solid team. If Bradford can come back for the Bears game and get Murray ready, they still have a very good chance to win the next two games.

Going to be rooting for Cook to make a full recovery and return to the team the way he left off. Guy is special.

Oh, thought the officiating was terrible at times.
0 x
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18503
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:33 am

I wonder if Zim will bring in that kicker from the preseason. I was all for Forbath but holy Blair Walsh syndrome.


Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18503
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:39 am

And where the hell is Treadwell? We basically have two WRs right now.
One good thing is Michael Floyd comes back.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by Norv Zimmer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:06 am

Keenum missed a lot. That is why we lost the game. He missed theilen in the end zone twice.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5397
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:16 am

Norv Zimmer wrote:Keenum missed a lot. That is why we lost the game. He missed theilen in the end zone twice.
That's why Treadwell being absent the last few games doesn't carry much weight because Keenum is in there. He threw a few deep balls to him but they were terrible throws
0 x
Image

User avatar
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by Norv Zimmer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:35 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote: That's why Treadwell being absent the last few games doesn't carry much weight because Keenum is in there. He threw a few deep balls to him but they were terrible throws
In the bucs game there were a lot of plays where treadwell had 1v1 coverage but Keenum never looked his way.
0 x

FireSpieldope
Backup
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 am

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by FireSpieldope » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:06 am

You guys pretty much nailed it. I'm still on the Zim train. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I think with a good QB he could be a winning coach. Problem is the person picking the players. Spieldope should have been fired last year after he went all in on Dumpford and the Vikes missed the playoffs. Why does Zygi accept losing? I guess he got his stadium, that's all he cared about.
0 x

User avatar
Cliff
Site Admin
Posts: 8460
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by Cliff » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:03 am

Missed opportunities is the big one. Those turnovers (3?) that we didn't complete would have been difference makers.

The loss of Cook is what hurts the most by far. This team just can't catch a break.
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson/Mike Zimmer Led Defenses

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5397
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:14 am

Cliff wrote:Missed opportunities is the big one. Those turnovers (3?) that we didn't complete would have been difference makers.

The loss of Cook is what hurts the most by far. This team just can't catch a break.
Agreed. Looks like we're getting hit with the injury bug again. Not much you can really do. As a coach or a GM. These things arent avoidable. They just happen. Unfortunately they seem to happen to us much more often. It cant be Sendejo or Tom Johnson that get hurt. Someone that is easily replaceable. It has to be Teddy, AP, Bradford, Cook. Two years in a row now where we lost both our QB and RB. Whine and cry about Zim and Spielman all you want, that is just plain old bad luck
0 x
Image

User avatar
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by Norv Zimmer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Agreed. Looks like we're getting hit with the injury bug again. Not much you can really do. As a coach or a GM. These things arent avoidable. They just happen. Unfortunately they seem to happen to us much more often. It cant be Sendejo or Tom Johnson that get hurt. Someone that is easily replaceable. It has to be Teddy, AP, Bradford, Cook. Two years in a row now where we lost both our QB and RB. Whine and cry about Zim and Spielman all you want, that is just plain old bad luck
Agree, Zim and Speilman are not to blame. I also saw lots of peeps on twitter raging on Theilen for fumbling at the end of the game..... Cmon those people need to STFU IMO!
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5397
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:30 am

Norv Zimmer wrote: Agree, Zim and Speilman are not to blame. I also saw lots of peeps on twitter raging on Theilen for fumbling at the end of the game..... Cmon those people need to STFU IMO!
YES!! 100%. I just said this to my father the other day. Its not just our fan base but all fan bases. There are so many idiot fans out there it makes me sick. Thielens wife said last year after the Dallas game he was getting death threats. Like are you f***ing kidding me (excuse my language)?? As much as I hate Kalil and Walsh they got it terrible too. I always wonder if thats what forces these guys to spiral downward because of how hard the fans are on them. Granted you're a grown man and have to move past it but it's gotta be tough at the same time. No matter what happened, I would NEVER, EVER go after a player on social media. Its one of the most idiotic and cowardly things someone could do. No less send out death threats to them. I really just hate people sometimes
0 x
Image

User avatar
petev_sj
Veteran
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by petev_sj » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:01 am

Teddy Bridgewater out for season, none contact.

Sam Bradford out for 5 weeks, may be more, none contact?!?

Dalvin Cook. ACL end of season most likely, none contact.

I am almost convinced that some super natural force does not want this team to succeed. I know injuries happen in Football, but why always to the most important player at the most crucial time?

Oh well, back to the bottle. :ripple:
0 x

User avatar
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by Norv Zimmer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:20 pm

I wonder if something is wrong with the turf at US Bank Stadium. People seem to slip a lot, Cook seriously slips all the time.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5397
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:29 pm

petev_sj wrote:Teddy Bridgewater out for season, none contact.

Sam Bradford out for 5 weeks, may be more, none contact?!?

Dalvin Cook. ACL end of season most likely, none contact.

I am almost convinced that some super natural force does not want this team to succeed. I know injuries happen in Football, but why always to the most important player at the most crucial time?

Oh well, back to the bottle. :ripple:
Exactly it always seems like its the 1-2 guys we cant afford to lose. God forbid some scrub blows his knee out on this team
0 x
Image

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3512
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Location: Coon Rapids, MN

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by mansquatch » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Exactly it always seems like its the 1-2 guys we cant afford to lose. God forbid some scrub blows his knee out on this team
This pretty much sums up the season IMO. Add in the comment about the offense not able to hold up it's end of the bargain and that is it in a nutshell.

Kapp's comments on Bradford and dead on the money. We lost yesterday primarily because our QB couldn't make the plays that were there to be made.
0 x
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi

Post Reply