Week 4 reaction thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Week 4 reaction thread

Post by 808vikingsfan »

First. I think the Vikings need to replace Forbath

Except for all the missed tackles early, I thought the defense played well enough to win. They basically shutdown Detroit except for the first FG drive.

Frustrated with the offensive play calling all day. I mentioned this several times during the gameday thread but I would like to know why after very productive first down runs, they decided to pass on 2nd down almost exclusively. Detroit's 2 LBs were out. The Vikings were gashing the defense 4-6 yds at a time. Instead of running until DET stopped them, they decided to get cute/greedy and run play action on almost every 2nd down (seemed like every 2nd down). No reason to run that wildcat play at the time. No reason whatsoever.

Tough to lose Cook. I thought he (along with the improved OL) was the main reason this offense was so productive.

Also frustrated with Keenum. He was off today. Late on his reads, late on his move up in the pocket, and a lot of missed open receivers. Really thought he would've done better today. Which is why I thought they should've run Cook much more in the first half

I still think the Vikings have a solid team. If Bradford can come back for the Bears game and get Murray ready, they still have a very good chance to win the next two games.

Going to be rooting for Cook to make a full recovery and return to the team the way he left off. Guy is special.

Oh, thought the officiating was terrible at times.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I wonder if Zim will bring in that kicker from the preseason. I was all for Forbath but holy Blair Walsh syndrome.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

And where the hell is Treadwell? We basically have two WRs right now.
One good thing is Michael Floyd comes back.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Keenum missed a lot. That is why we lost the game. He missed theilen in the end zone twice.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Keenum missed a lot. That is why we lost the game. He missed theilen in the end zone twice.
That's why Treadwell being absent the last few games doesn't carry much weight because Keenum is in there. He threw a few deep balls to him but they were terrible throws
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: That's why Treadwell being absent the last few games doesn't carry much weight because Keenum is in there. He threw a few deep balls to him but they were terrible throws
In the bucs game there were a lot of plays where treadwell had 1v1 coverage but Keenum never looked his way.
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

You guys pretty much nailed it. I'm still on the Zim train. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I think with a good QB he could be a winning coach. Problem is the person picking the players. Spieldope should have been fired last year after he went all in on Dumpford and the Vikes missed the playoffs. Why does Zygi accept losing? I guess he got his stadium, that's all he cared about.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Missed opportunities is the big one. Those turnovers (3?) that we didn't complete would have been difference makers.

The loss of Cook is what hurts the most by far. This team just can't catch a break.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Cliff wrote:Missed opportunities is the big one. Those turnovers (3?) that we didn't complete would have been difference makers.

The loss of Cook is what hurts the most by far. This team just can't catch a break.
Agreed. Looks like we're getting hit with the injury bug again. Not much you can really do. As a coach or a GM. These things arent avoidable. They just happen. Unfortunately they seem to happen to us much more often. It cant be Sendejo or Tom Johnson that get hurt. Someone that is easily replaceable. It has to be Teddy, AP, Bradford, Cook. Two years in a row now where we lost both our QB and RB. Whine and cry about Zim and Spielman all you want, that is just plain old bad luck
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Agreed. Looks like we're getting hit with the injury bug again. Not much you can really do. As a coach or a GM. These things arent avoidable. They just happen. Unfortunately they seem to happen to us much more often. It cant be Sendejo or Tom Johnson that get hurt. Someone that is easily replaceable. It has to be Teddy, AP, Bradford, Cook. Two years in a row now where we lost both our QB and RB. Whine and cry about Zim and Spielman all you want, that is just plain old bad luck
Agree, Zim and Speilman are not to blame. I also saw lots of peeps on twitter raging on Theilen for fumbling at the end of the game..... Cmon those people need to STFU IMO!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Norv Zimmer wrote: Agree, Zim and Speilman are not to blame. I also saw lots of peeps on twitter raging on Theilen for fumbling at the end of the game..... Cmon those people need to STFU IMO!
YES!! 100%. I just said this to my father the other day. Its not just our fan base but all fan bases. There are so many idiot fans out there it makes me sick. Thielens wife said last year after the Dallas game he was getting death threats. Like are you f***ing kidding me (excuse my language)?? As much as I hate Kalil and Walsh they got it terrible too. I always wonder if thats what forces these guys to spiral downward because of how hard the fans are on them. Granted you're a grown man and have to move past it but it's gotta be tough at the same time. No matter what happened, I would NEVER, EVER go after a player on social media. Its one of the most idiotic and cowardly things someone could do. No less send out death threats to them. I really just hate people sometimes
-Chazz Palminteri
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Teddy Bridgewater out for season, none contact.

Sam Bradford out for 5 weeks, may be more, none contact?!?

Dalvin Cook. ACL end of season most likely, none contact.

I am almost convinced that some super natural force does not want this team to succeed. I know injuries happen in Football, but why always to the most important player at the most crucial time?

Oh well, back to the bottle. :ripple:
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I wonder if something is wrong with the turf at US Bank Stadium. People seem to slip a lot, Cook seriously slips all the time.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

petev_sj wrote:Teddy Bridgewater out for season, none contact.

Sam Bradford out for 5 weeks, may be more, none contact?!?

Dalvin Cook. ACL end of season most likely, none contact.

I am almost convinced that some super natural force does not want this team to succeed. I know injuries happen in Football, but why always to the most important player at the most crucial time?

Oh well, back to the bottle. :ripple:
Exactly it always seems like its the 1-2 guys we cant afford to lose. God forbid some scrub blows his knee out on this team
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Exactly it always seems like its the 1-2 guys we cant afford to lose. God forbid some scrub blows his knee out on this team
This pretty much sums up the season IMO. Add in the comment about the offense not able to hold up it's end of the bargain and that is it in a nutshell.

Kapp's comments on Bradford and dead on the money. We lost yesterday primarily because our QB couldn't make the plays that were there to be made.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi