"Near Complete ACL Tear" For Dalvin Cook Reported By NFL.com

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

"Near Complete ACL Tear" For Dalvin Cook Reported By NFL.com

Post by Hunter Morrow »

"NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that Dalvin Cook's knee injury is believed to be a nearly complete tear of his ACL based on an initial diagnosis for the rookie running back, per sources informed of the situation."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2088 ... -knee-game

'Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said the team is concerned Cook may have injured his ACL. Cook is set to have an MRI on Monday.'

THE SEASON IS OFFICIALLY OVER
darrenjohn89
Waterboy

Re: "Near Complete ACL Tear" For Dalvin Cook Reported By NFL

Post by darrenjohn89 »

kyvikingsfan
Waterboy

Post by kyvikingsfan »

Need to replace the turf while we are on the road. Diggs was slipping out there too.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

kyvikingsfan wrote:Need to replace the turf while we are on the road. Diggs was slipping out there too.
I've been wondering about this since the new stadium. I does seem like a disproportionate number of injuries on this new turf, doesn't it???
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Cook appeared to go into valgus collapse with knee extension. That is the classic injury mechanism for a non-contact ACL injury. I grimaced as soon as I saw that.

Unfortunately, if the Lochman's Test and/or the Anterior Drawer test for the knee were positive (the tests I am assuming were performed) an MRI isn't really going to be favorable for Dalvin Cook.

I hate seeing any player go through non-contact injuries like that. Especially after it appeared the Vikings had lucked into an exceptional talent. Wish Dalvin all the best - good or bad news.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: I've been wondering about this since the new stadium. I does seem like a disproportionate number of injuries on this new turf, doesn't it???
The top of the turf, the "grass" is a little slick but there's thousands of tiny rubber pellets below that provide traction. That was my impression walking on it.

Field turf is supposed to be one of the better options, especially compared to astroturf. Not sure about real grass.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

This really sucks, I feel so sorry for Cook. He was the guy I really wanted during the draft, if we were going to pick a RB in the early rounds. Especially since we may have wasted a first round pick on a QB thats injured again. Imagine that, Sam Bradford's injured. Boggles the mind.

Cook was the the real deal, in all aspects of the game, unlike AD. Hopefully he can recover fully and be the RB he has been.

Whats with our guys and these serious injuries? Especially with the knees. Do we not have trainers that know what they are doing? It doesnt seem like these injuries are the norm in the NFL. Or is it just typical bad Vikings luck?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:This really sucks, I feel so sorry for Cook. He was the guy I really wanted during the draft, if we were going to pick a RB in the early rounds. Especially since we may have wasted a first round pick on a QB thats injured again. Imagine that, Sam Bradford's injured. Boggles the mind.

Cook was the the real deal, in all aspects of the game, unlike AD. Hopefully he can recover fully and be the RB he has been.

Whats with our guys and these serious injuries? Especially with the knees. Do we not have trainers that know what they are doing? It doesnt seem like these injuries are the norm in the NFL. Or is it just typical bad Vikings luck?
Like I said before, yeah what a waste because we were going to somehow have a good starting QB magically fall out of the sky and into our starting lineup. What else do you do when Teddy goes down prior to week 1??? I'll wait......
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

This is a gut punch. I simply can't imagine how things could get worse for this team. Teddy last year, Bradford this year, and now Cook, who was looking like the second coming of Marshall Faulk.

I know it does no good to feel sorry for oneself, but it's pretty tough right now to be a Vikings fan. I generally don't believe in stuff like curses, but this is beginning to make me wonder. Zimmer can say "next man up" all he wants, but there is no replacing Dalvin Cook.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:This is a gut punch. I simply can't imagine how things could get worse for this team. Teddy last year, Bradford this year, and now Cook, who was looking like the second coming of Marshall Faulk.

I know it does no good to feel sorry for oneself, but it's pretty tough right now to be a Vikings fan. I generally don't believe in stuff like curses, but this is beginning to make me wonder. Zimmer can say "next man up" all he wants, but there is no replacing Dalvin Cook.
Agreed I legit wanted to cry after that game ended yesterday. Right when we get a much improved OL and still have a stellar defense we have to lose our QB and star RB. I mean if Sam can get back fairly soon, I think we'll be fine because we do have Murray. Granted, Murray is no Cook but I would have to say Murray is the top backup in the NFL and could start on a lot of other teams right now.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:This is a gut punch. I simply can't imagine how things could get worse for this team. Teddy last year, Bradford this year, and now Cook, who was looking like the second coming of Marshall Faulk.

Two years of non-contact injuries to the starting QB.
Three out of Four Seasons with the starting RB injured or suspended.
The Curse is real! UGH...
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

Don't forget we paid Murray 5 million freaking dollars. Lets see if he can live up to that paycheck, I doubt it but we really haven't seen him run much.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Looks like ACL tear is confirmed a few mintues ago.
Formerly AADPFan
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Grashopa wrote:Looks like ACL tear is confirmed a few mintues ago.
damn.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Feel bad for Dalvin. Hope the surgery goes well and he can recover for next year.

Looks like Murray and McKInnon going forward this season. I hope they can go forward, anyway. McKinnon is a decent 3rd down back, not great... Murray looks slow and clumsy to me. A lot of excitement and danger just got removed from the Vikings offense.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida