Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Dmizzle0 wrote:That's my point you guys AREN'T being realistic. All I'm reading is just whining.

Expressing anger is understandable but wanting everybody firied with no rational explanation why or who to replace them with is ridiculous.
2-2 is not the end of the world. However, since the 5-0 start last year Zimmer has regressed in his coaching, and the defense has been average on good days. They had an ok day today, but they dropped 4 INTs and didn't create any other turnovers. That is not a good defense. It is now a trend. They played poorly against TB but they got turnovers. They played bad against PIT. They weren't great against NO but they were good enough. Last season after week 5,they were average at best. His defense has been exposed and he hasn't been able to adjust.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

The D did droo some catchable picks but their were the main reason we were still in this game. If they were exposed the D wouldn't have sacked Stafford so many times. He would ve capitalized more on hour mistakes
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I also think the D looked better because the Lions (good coaching) got very conservative with a 7 point lead because they knew that was insurmountable for this anemic Viking offense.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingPaul73 wrote: agreed. Zimmer needs to go this offseason. And Slicky Ricky. Time to blow this thing up and do a full rebuild...the right way this time
Oh my goodness this post is just laughable. Blow it up and do a full rebuild? Are you kidding me?? You don't do a "rebuild" with the talent we have. Do you even know what a rebuild is? The Jets are in need for a rebuild. The 49ers are in need of a rebuild. God the Seahawks are in worse shape than we are. This team in no way shape or form is in need of a rebuild and honestly one of the most asinine posts I've seen on here in a long time. We have very good WRs, a very good TE, very good RBs, a better OL, a loaded DL, very good LBs and very good DBs. A few holes here and there like SS, LG (maybe), QB is a question mark, 3 tech DT. That warrants a "rebuild". Sorry but honestly you have no idea what you're talking about
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingPaul73 wrote:I also think the D looked better because the Lions (good coaching) got very conservative with a 7 point lead because they knew that was insurmountable for this anemic Viking offense.
No. Bottom line is, they held them to 14 points, 3-13 on third down and had 5 sacks. Look at it any way you want but the defense played exceptionally well. Quit trying to find reasons to complain. You just keep digging yourself a bigger hole
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

I'd honestly just get rid of Spielman and get a new guy in with the current coaching staff. Spielman has the history of very poor decisions and hence his Ofer playoff wins as GM. From the horrific OLine year over year to giving big deals to bums early like Walsh, it's been a constant stream of failures. It's not one week, it's 5 years of losing.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

FireSpieldope wrote:I'd honestly just get rid of Spielman and get a new guy in with the current coaching staff. Spielman has the history of very poor decisions and hence his Ofer playoff wins as GM. From the horrific OLine year over year to giving big deals to bums early like Walsh, it's been a constant stream of failures. It's not one week, it's 5 years of losing.
I'm glad Demi 2.0 decided to recently join this board. Should make for a fun year. We get to listen to ^this week after week
-Chazz Palminteri
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I'm glad Demi 2.0 decided to recently join this board. Should make for a fun year. We get to listen to ^this week after week
Welcome to reality friend. :banana:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I'm glad Demi 2.0 decided to recently join this board. Should make for a fun year. We get to listen to ^this week after week
Do you ever make a post where you dont insult someone, and call their posts stupid? Make you be our editor on the forum and just post the thread that go with your theories. Its getting real old.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Do you ever make a post where you dont insult someone, and call their posts stupid? Make you be our editor on the forum and just post the thread that go with your theories. Its getting real old.
Did I call his post "stupid"? Didnt think so. He has 24 posts and all 24 have done nothing but complain about "Spieldope" and brings nothing to the board IMO. It's about as tiring as what you've been posting today with your overreactions. One loss and the word "fire" is being tossed around like a frisbee on here. "Fire everyone, blow the whole thing up and start a rebuild". How about bringing something do the board thats got some validity to it. It will make this a much more enjoyable place
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

FireSpieldope wrote: Welcome to reality friend. :banana:
:lol: You're so far from reality right now it's not even funny. Have no problem adding you to the foe list because there is no way I'll be able to tolerate your nonsense "Spieldope" crap all year. Adios :banana:
-Chazz Palminteri
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: :lol: You're so far from reality right now it's not even funny. Have no problem adding you to the foe list because there is no way I'll be able to tolerate your nonsense "Spieldope" crap all year. Adios :banana:
Another purple glasses wearing homer bites the dust. Maybe we should expect a winning team? Not this garbage we get year after year under Spieldope.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

FireSpieldope wrote: Another purple glasses wearing homer bites the dust. Maybe we should expect a winning team? Not this garbage we get year after year under Spieldope.
I think your constant frustration is just leading you to hate the Vikings. Its a long season but your ready to just make all these changes.

Purple glasses wearing homer WTF? This is a Vikings board if anything we're supposed to be homers. I think you are here because youblove to hate the Vikings until they win.
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

^^^^^^^That's just 30 years of losing talking. It's really hard to be optimistic after getting crushed for 30 years as a fan. :lol:
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

I am Mr. Overreaction and I think I have been replaced. If you think the season is over already, STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE!
We're 2-2 and there's a ton of football left.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter