Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Everyone knows this offense sucks.
Then explain week 1 and 3.

The potential is clearly there.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

wow, loss to the Lions. OK, another season of Averageness here we come again.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

FireSpieldope wrote: Of course I am. Maybe with 5 years you know, maybe win one playoff game? Spieldope sucks because the players overall suck. The Bradford trade was a mistake. Not getting any decent OLinemen ever was his fault (might be better this year finallY).

The question is. If you are happy with below avg. Are YOU a Vikings fan. Maybe you should expect wins? Heck maybe a Superbowl? Hold your team accountable for sucking.
You acting like we loss by 30 at home with our starters. We held Stafford to 0 tds. Yes it sucks that we loss at home to the lions but given what we had to work with on offense, we still made a good push with the exception of some bone headed plays and a little refs influence. Injuries are our Kryptonite.

Every time the Vikings lose, you fake cynical fans always talking about fire this person or this person sucks but you dont give a rational reason on what we should do instead. You guys are always ready to jump ship. Well go ahead. I hear LA could use some fans!

I dont want to hear crap from you guys if we start winning this season.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Dmizzle0 wrote: You acting like we loss by 30 at home with our starters. We held Stafford to 0 tds. Yes it sucks that we loss at home to the lions but given what we had to work with on offense, we still made a good push with the exception of some bone headed plays and a little refs influence. Injuries are our Kryptonite.

Every time the Vikings lose, you fake cynical fans always talking about fire this person or this person sucks but you dont give a rational reason on what we should do instead. You guys are always ready to jump ship. Well go ahead. I hear LA could use some fans!

Exactly. This board is so frustrating when we lose. Everyone needs to be fired blah blah blah. It's so tiring to look at. We lose one game and everyone needs to be fired. Our offense sucks. Defense sucks. My goodness. Fans like that make this board very unenjoyable
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

dead_poet wrote: Then explain week 1 and 3.

He can't. That's the problem. He has no backing to his posts. I'm sure he'll come back with New Orleans' defense is terrible and Tampa is some fluke. Who knows. But seeing fans consistently say guys need to be fired because we lose one game is beyond frustrating
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

PurpleMustReign wrote:There were four dropped INTs. Kendricks missed at least three tackles. There was zero pass rush if we didn't blitz.
We just invested tons of money into this defense. That is why I am done with Zimmer. He was horrible out coached to the point that the entire team sucked.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Umm, didnt stafford get sacked 7 times? Detroit had 251 yards of total offense. You average that over a season and you have the 2000 ravens. Just to put it into perspective. This was a bad offensive game. Defense really had nothing to do with this loss to be honest minus the missed picks
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

LOLOL yup, pretty much what this person said

"This board is so frustrating when we lose. Everyone needs to be fired blah blah blah. It's so tiring to look at. We lose one game and everyone needs to be fired. Our offense sucks. Defense sucks. My goodness. Fans like that make this board very unenjoyable"
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am done with Mike Zimmer. I am sick of his defense, sick of his offense, and sick of his special teams. He has not out coached anyone in his 3+ years. He has regressed. At least Denny Green gave us a chance, as much flack as he took. Heck, even Mike Tice gave us a chance.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
agreed. Zimmer needs to go this offseason. And Slicky Ricky. Time to blow this thing up and do a full rebuild...the right way this time
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

The-Purple-Reign wrote:LOLOL yup, pretty much what this person said

"This board is so frustrating when we lose. Everyone needs to be fired blah blah blah. It's so tiring to look at. We lose one game and everyone needs to be fired. Our offense sucks. Defense sucks. My goodness. Fans like that make this board very unenjoyable"
Nope, I said 5 YEARS of losing. No playoff wins in 5 years under Spieldope. That's enough time to put up or shut up.

IF YOU are a fan, shouldn't YOU expect better results?
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: It's gotten considerably better. Guess you haven't been watching this year. Going into this game offensively, we were 12th in the league in points, 2nd in total yards, 2nd in passing yards and 11th in rushing yards. Keep going though, you're on a roll :lol: :lol:
At home vs. Bad Defenses we look pretty good.

On the road or against good Ds we look awful.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote: Then explain week 1 and 3.

How about week 2 and 4, against good teams?
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

FireSpieldope wrote:Another point, I wouldn't have went into last year with Hill as the backup. I would have looked to upgrade either via FA or draft a mid rounder, you know a Dak Prescott type. No I wasn't high on him personally, but rounds 3-4 would be ideal place to look for a potential really good backup/possible starter. By having such poor options behind Teddy forced Spieldope to make a huge mistake.
Exactly -then he wouldn't have felt compelled to trade a 1st for an average to below average, injury prone QB in an act of total desperation
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: You acting like we loss by 30 at home with our starters. We held Stafford to 0 tds. Yes it sucks that we loss at home to the lions but given what we had to work with on offense, we still made a good push with the exception of some bone headed plays and a little refs influence. Injuries are our Kryptonite.

uh oh.....a "bad fan" post. Here we go again. Try to be realistic and you're a bad fan...
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

We only put 7 points up on the board. And It's hard to win with turnovers.
The defense played well, but they had some blown coverages for big gains and some missed tackles for first downs.
The big thing is we probably lost Cook for the season.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

That's my point you guys AREN'T being realistic. All I'm reading is just whining.

Expressing anger is understandable but wanting everybody firied with no rational explanation why or who to replace them with is ridiculous.