View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4 
All Pro Elite Player

Post Re: Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4
@christomasson
2m
A former NFL team doctor is speculating in an article by watching the video that Dalvin Cook suffered a torn ACL. sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profoot…

@GoesslingStrib
7m
Mike Zimmer said the Vikings are concerned about Dalvin Cook's ACL, but will see after a MRI.

I really hope not.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:40 pm
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:
S197 wrote:
No crutches for Cook. His knee is in a sleeve and he's limping.
Torn ACL. Book it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Hoping it's just a sprain/strain... fingers crossed.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:43 pm
Hall of Famer

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

They didnt play well enough to win, at home, against a division rival. Thats fine with you, but it ticks me off. Considering the D had quite a few opportunities to make plays.

The OFFENSE didnt play well enough to win. If you hold any team to 14 points and 3-13 on third downs, usually you win a football game. Thats not on the defense. That is on the offense. Football 101

Everyone knows this offense sucks and we'd need the D to make plays. And honestly Im tired of Rick and Zimmers offense. And I doubt it gets any better this year.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:43 pm
Waterboy

our offense wasn't terrible. the missed p.i calls cost us a lot of yards and momentum

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:48 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Everyone knows this offense sucks and we'd need the D to make plays. And honestly Im tired of Rick and Zimmers offense. And I doubt it gets any better this year.

It's gotten considerably better. Guess you haven't been watching this year. Going into this game offensively, we were 12th in the league in points, 2nd in total yards, 2nd in passing yards and 11th in rushing yards. Keep going though, you're on a roll :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:49 pm
Veteran

I think Thielen had that sence of urgency when he caught the ball because he was trying to go for extra yards instead of covering and falling. Unfortunately it lead to a fumble.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:55 pm
Waterboy

the Vikings always end up crushing me one way or another

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:06 pm
Hall of Famer

The McKInnon fumble on the stupid Wildcat play was a definite turning point. And Forbath missing a gimme FG didn't help... Waynes should have picked off Stafford in the end zone, but dropped it... and then there was Dalvin Cook fumbling as he got hurt... and then Thielen also coughed it up when we had a glimmer of hope.

It was a team effort.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

soflavike wrote:
The McKInnon fumble on the stupid Wildcat play was a definite turning point. And Forbath missing a gimme FG didn't help... Waynes should have picked off Stafford in the end zone, but dropped it... and then there was Dalvin Cook fumbling as he got hurt... and then Thielen also coughed it up when we had a glimmer of hope.

It was a team effort.
There were four dropped INTs. Kendricks missed at least three tackles. There was zero pass rush if we didn't blitz.
We just invested tons of money into this defense. That is why I am done with Zimmer. He was horrible out coached to the point that the entire team sucked.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleMustReign wrote:
soflavike wrote:

It was a team effort.
There were four dropped INTs. Kendricks missed at least three tackles. There was zero pass rush if we didn't blitz.
We just invested tons of money into this defense. That is why I am done with Zimmer. He was horrible out coached to the point that the entire team sucked.

Again I couldn't disagree more. Hunters first sack wasn't a blitz. Pretty sure his second wasn't either but I could be wrong. To say "we can't get sacks without blitzing" is false #1 and #2 that's the point of blitzing. And it obviously worked given we sacked them 5 times and they were 3-13 on third downs. It seems that you and PK just want to continue to overlook those stats. Zimmer is one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL. And if you don't believe that, then I have nothing else to say to you. This defense dominated Detroit today. Had them stuck at 7 for most of the game and possibly the whole game if Cook doesn't blow his knee out and fumble. 14 points, 3-13 on third downs and 5 sacks. That is an excellent defensive performance. But I guess since Eric Kendricks missed 3 tackles and we didn't pick a ball off we should be done with Mike Zimmer and his defense. Makes a lot of sense :confused:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:22 pm
Rookie

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Are you cynical commentors Vikings fans?

Of course I am. Maybe with 5 years you know, maybe win one playoff game? Spieldope sucks because the players overall suck. The Bradford trade was a mistake. Not getting any decent OLinemen ever was his fault (might be better this year finallY).

The question is. If you are happy with below avg. Are YOU a Vikings fan. Maybe you should expect wins? Heck maybe a Superbowl? Hold your team accountable for sucking.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:28 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

FireSpieldope wrote:
Dmizzle0 wrote:

Of course I am. Maybe with 5 years you know, maybe win one playoff game? Spieldope sucks because the players overall suck. The Bradford trade was a mistake. Not getting any decent OLinemen ever was his fault (might be better this year finallY).

The question is. If you are happy with below avg. Are YOU a Vikings fan. Maybe you should expect wins? Heck maybe a Superbowl? Hold your team accountable for sucking.

Yeah the Bradford trade was a mistake and a good starting QB was going to magically fall out of the sky into our starting lineup after Teddy went down. We should've took that approach I guess :roll:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:32 pm
Rookie

FireSpieldope wrote:
Dmizzle0 wrote:

Yeah the Bradford trade was a mistake and a good starting QB was going to magically fall out of the sky into our starting lineup after Teddy went down. We should've took that approach I guess :roll:

Bradford isn't a good starting QB, so your logic is flawed.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:34 pm
Rookie

Another point, I wouldn't have went into last year with Hill as the backup. I would have looked to upgrade either via FA or draft a mid rounder, you know a Dak Prescott type. No I wasn't high on him personally, but rounds 3-4 would be ideal place to look for a potential really good backup/possible starter. By having such poor options behind Teddy forced Spieldope to make a huge mistake.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

FireSpieldope wrote:

Bradford isn't a good starting QB, so your logic is flawed.

Yeah I guess 20 tds 5 ints and almost 4000 yards in 15 games isnt a good starter :whistle:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:47 pm
Commissioner

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Everyone knows this offense sucks.

Then explain week 1 and 3.

The potential is clearly there.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:57 pm
Hall of Famer

wow, loss to the Lions. OK, another season of Averageness here we come again.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:00 pm
Veteran

FireSpieldope wrote:
Dmizzle0 wrote:

You acting like we loss by 30 at home with our starters. We held Stafford to 0 tds. Yes it sucks that we loss at home to the lions but given what we had to work with on offense, we still made a good push with the exception of some bone headed plays and a little refs influence. Injuries are our Kryptonite.

Every time the Vikings lose, you fake cynical fans always talking about fire this person or this person sucks but you dont give a rational reason on what we should do instead. You guys are always ready to jump ship. Well go ahead. I hear LA could use some fans!

I dont want to hear crap from you guys if we start winning this season.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:06 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Dmizzle0 wrote:
FireSpieldope wrote:
Dmizzle0 wrote:

You acting like we loss by 30 at home with our starters. We held Stafford to 0 tds. Yes it sucks that we loss at home to the lions but given what we had to work with on offense, we still made a good push with the exception of some bone headed plays and a little refs influence. Injuries are our Kryptonite.

Every time the Vikings lose, you fake cynical fans always talking about fire this person or this person sucks but you dont give a rational reason on what we should do instead. You guys are always ready to jump ship. Well go ahead. I hear LA could use some fans!

Exactly. This board is so frustrating when we lose. Everyone needs to be fired blah blah blah. It's so tiring to look at. We lose one game and everyone needs to be fired. Our offense sucks. Defense sucks. My goodness. Fans like that make this board very unenjoyable

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:11 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

He can't. That's the problem. He has no backing to his posts. I'm sure he'll come back with New Orleans' defense is terrible and Tampa is some fluke. Who knows. But seeing fans consistently say guys need to be fired because we lose one game is beyond frustrating

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:13 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
soflavike wrote:

It was a team effort.

Umm, didnt stafford get sacked 7 times? Detroit had 251 yards of total offense. You average that over a season and you have the 2000 ravens. Just to put it into perspective. This was a bad offensive game. Defense really had nothing to do with this loss to be honest minus the missed picks

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:13 pm
Starter

LOLOL yup, pretty much what this person said

"This board is so frustrating when we lose. Everyone needs to be fired blah blah blah. It's so tiring to look at. We lose one game and everyone needs to be fired. Our offense sucks. Defense sucks. My goodness. Fans like that make this board very unenjoyable"

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:31 pm
Career Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I am done with Mike Zimmer. I am sick of his defense, sick of his offense, and sick of his special teams. He has not out coached anyone in his 3+ years. He has regressed. At least Denny Green gave us a chance, as much flack as he took. Heck, even Mike Tice gave us a chance.

agreed. Zimmer needs to go this offseason. And Slicky Ricky. Time to blow this thing up and do a full rebuild...the right way this time

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:42 pm
Rookie

The-Purple-Reign wrote:
LOLOL yup, pretty much what this person said

"This board is so frustrating when we lose. Everyone needs to be fired blah blah blah. It's so tiring to look at. We lose one game and everyone needs to be fired. Our offense sucks. Defense sucks. My goodness. Fans like that make this board very unenjoyable"

Nope, I said 5 YEARS of losing. No playoff wins in 5 years under Spieldope. That's enough time to put up or shut up.

IF YOU are a fan, shouldn't YOU expect better results?

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:43 pm
Career Elite Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

It's gotten considerably better. Guess you haven't been watching this year. Going into this game offensively, we were 12th in the league in points, 2nd in total yards, 2nd in passing yards and 11th in rushing yards. Keep going though, you're on a roll :lol: :lol:

At home vs. Bad Defenses we look pretty good.

On the road or against good Ds we look awful.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:44 pm
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

How about week 2 and 4, against good teams?

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm
Career Elite Player

FireSpieldope wrote:
Another point, I wouldn't have went into last year with Hill as the backup. I would have looked to upgrade either via FA or draft a mid rounder, you know a Dak Prescott type. No I wasn't high on him personally, but rounds 3-4 would be ideal place to look for a potential really good backup/possible starter. By having such poor options behind Teddy forced Spieldope to make a huge mistake.

Exactly -then he wouldn't have felt compelled to trade a 1st for an average to below average, injury prone QB in an act of total desperation

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm
Career Elite Player

Dmizzle0 wrote:
FireSpieldope wrote:
Dmizzle0 wrote:

uh oh.....a "bad fan" post. Here we go again. Try to be realistic and you're a bad fan...

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:50 pm
All Pro Elite Player

We only put 7 points up on the board. And It's hard to win with turnovers.
The defense played well, but they had some blown coverages for big gains and some missed tackles for first downs.
The big thing is we probably lost Cook for the season.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:50 pm
Veteran

That's my point you guys AREN'T being realistic. All I'm reading is just whining.

Expressing anger is understandable but wanting everybody firied with no rational explanation why or who to replace them with is ridiculous.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next