Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4

Post by halfgiz »

@christomasson
2m
A former NFL team doctor is speculating in an article by watching the video that Dalvin Cook suffered a torn ACL. sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profoot…

@GoesslingStrib
7m
Mike Zimmer said the Vikings are concerned about Dalvin Cook's ACL, but will see after a MRI.

I really hope not.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Torn ACL. Book it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Hoping it's just a sprain/strain... fingers crossed.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: The OFFENSE didnt play well enough to win. If you hold any team to 14 points and 3-13 on third downs, usually you win a football game. Thats not on the defense. That is on the offense. Football 101
Everyone knows this offense sucks and we'd need the D to make plays. And honestly Im tired of Rick and Zimmers offense. And I doubt it gets any better this year.
darrenjohn89
Waterboy

Post by darrenjohn89 »

our offense wasn't terrible. the missed p.i calls cost us a lot of yards and momentum
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Everyone knows this offense sucks and we'd need the D to make plays. And honestly Im tired of Rick and Zimmers offense. And I doubt it gets any better this year.
It's gotten considerably better. Guess you haven't been watching this year. Going into this game offensively, we were 12th in the league in points, 2nd in total yards, 2nd in passing yards and 11th in rushing yards. Keep going though, you're on a roll :lol: :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I think Thielen had that sence of urgency when he caught the ball because he was trying to go for extra yards instead of covering and falling. Unfortunately it lead to a fumble.
darrenjohn89
Waterboy

Post by darrenjohn89 »

the Vikings always end up crushing me one way or another
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

The McKInnon fumble on the stupid Wildcat play was a definite turning point. And Forbath missing a gimme FG didn't help... Waynes should have picked off Stafford in the end zone, but dropped it... and then there was Dalvin Cook fumbling as he got hurt... and then Thielen also coughed it up when we had a glimmer of hope.

It was a team effort.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

soflavike wrote:The McKInnon fumble on the stupid Wildcat play was a definite turning point. And Forbath missing a gimme FG didn't help... Waynes should have picked off Stafford in the end zone, but dropped it... and then there was Dalvin Cook fumbling as he got hurt... and then Thielen also coughed it up when we had a glimmer of hope.

It was a team effort.
There were four dropped INTs. Kendricks missed at least three tackles. There was zero pass rush if we didn't blitz.
We just invested tons of money into this defense. That is why I am done with Zimmer. He was horrible out coached to the point that the entire team sucked.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:There were four dropped INTs. Kendricks missed at least three tackles. There was zero pass rush if we didn't blitz.
We just invested tons of money into this defense. That is why I am done with Zimmer. He was horrible out coached to the point that the entire team sucked.

Again I couldn't disagree more. Hunters first sack wasn't a blitz. Pretty sure his second wasn't either but I could be wrong. To say "we can't get sacks without blitzing" is false #1 and #2 that's the point of blitzing. And it obviously worked given we sacked them 5 times and they were 3-13 on third downs. It seems that you and PK just want to continue to overlook those stats. Zimmer is one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL. And if you don't believe that, then I have nothing else to say to you. This defense dominated Detroit today. Had them stuck at 7 for most of the game and possibly the whole game if Cook doesn't blow his knee out and fumble. 14 points, 3-13 on third downs and 5 sacks. That is an excellent defensive performance. But I guess since Eric Kendricks missed 3 tackles and we didn't pick a ball off we should be done with Mike Zimmer and his defense. Makes a lot of sense :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

Dmizzle0 wrote:Are you cynical commentors Vikings fans?
Of course I am. Maybe with 5 years you know, maybe win one playoff game? Spieldope sucks because the players overall suck. The Bradford trade was a mistake. Not getting any decent OLinemen ever was his fault (might be better this year finallY).

The question is. If you are happy with below avg. Are YOU a Vikings fan. Maybe you should expect wins? Heck maybe a Superbowl? Hold your team accountable for sucking.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

FireSpieldope wrote: Of course I am. Maybe with 5 years you know, maybe win one playoff game? Spieldope sucks because the players overall suck. The Bradford trade was a mistake. Not getting any decent OLinemen ever was his fault (might be better this year finallY).

The question is. If you are happy with below avg. Are YOU a Vikings fan. Maybe you should expect wins? Heck maybe a Superbowl? Hold your team accountable for sucking.
Yeah the Bradford trade was a mistake and a good starting QB was going to magically fall out of the sky into our starting lineup after Teddy went down. We should've took that approach I guess :roll:
-Chazz Palminteri
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yeah the Bradford trade was a mistake and a good starting QB was going to magically fall out of the sky into our starting lineup after Teddy went down. We should've took that approach I guess :roll:
Bradford isn't a good starting QB, so your logic is flawed.
FireSpieldope
Backup

Post by FireSpieldope »

Another point, I wouldn't have went into last year with Hill as the backup. I would have looked to upgrade either via FA or draft a mid rounder, you know a Dak Prescott type. No I wasn't high on him personally, but rounds 3-4 would be ideal place to look for a potential really good backup/possible starter. By having such poor options behind Teddy forced Spieldope to make a huge mistake.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

FireSpieldope wrote:
Bradford isn't a good starting QB, so your logic is flawed.
Yeah I guess 20 tds 5 ints and almost 4000 yards in 15 games isnt a good starter :whistle:
-Chazz Palminteri