Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 4

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Guys, we shot ourselves on the on this one, but we still have reasons to keep our head up as fans. Our D stepped up when they needed to. Its hard for our offense to stay in sync with these untimely injuries. With that being said we win this game if it wernt for a missed block or if case just looked in the endzone
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am done with Mike Zimmer. I am sick of his defense, sick of his offense, and sick of his special teams. He has not out coached anyone in his 3+ years. He has regressed. At least Denny Green gave us a chance, as much flack as he took. Heck, even Mike Tice gave us a chance.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Well the defense played well if they could catch. I dunno, man. This is on the offense.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I thought the defense played well. Stafford was sacked what, five or six times? Would have been nice to get some INT's but 14 points to this offense especially when a lot of those drives started in Vikings territory due to turnovers isn't bad.

This is a team that was literally an inch from beating the Falcons. I realize game threads are more or less for venting but geesh you would have thought we lost to the Panthers today (oh hi New England!).
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am done with Mike Zimmer. I am sick of his defense, sick of his offense, and sick of his special teams. He has not out coached anyone in his 3+ years. He has regressed. At least Denny Green gave us a chance, as much flack as he took. Heck, even Mike Tice gave us a chance.

:lol: oh my goodness. Listen to yourselves. Sick of his defense huh? The one that's consistently at the top of the league every year? And that just held Detroit to 14 points and had 5 sacks? And one of their tds coming off cooks fumble? That defense?? Yeah I'd be sick of that defense too :roll:

I get people are frustrated but when you say the most asinine crap when we lose it drives me crazy. We lost to Detroit 14-7 and I've seen fire Spielman and I'm done with Zimmer. It's one loss. I'd be more concerned about Dalvin Cook than Mike Zimmer or Rick Spielman. Jeez this crap is frustrating to read. Overreaction city on here right now
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: No, hes the guy who put they players making all the errors on the field.
Um. K. I guess he cursed the hands of Barr, Alexander, Waynes and the knees of Teddy, Sam and Dalvin.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Nope. Always said that was a mistake and have said it many times on here. It's just your constant whining every time something goes wrong is extremely tiring
I dont like it when they loose. Should I be cheering? Should I say what a great position Rickie has put us in after his years here in MN? I dont like the job he is doing here. I have the right to complain about it here, its a fan forum. You put me on ignore if you need. Im tired of a lot of your posts too. You whining about other people whining is pretty funny though.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

No crutches for Cook. His knee is in a sleeve and he's limping.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:No crutches for Cook. His knee is in a sleeve and he's limping.
Torn ACL. Book it.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:No crutches for Cook. His knee is in a sleeve and he's limping.
Really hope he dodged the ACL tear. You gotta think if he tore it they wouldn't let him walk around without assistance.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Krammer just said he's on crutches. So...yeah. ACL.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: I dont like it when they loose. Should I be cheering? Should I say what a great position Rickie has put us in after his years here in MN? I dont like the job he is doing here. I have the right to complain about it here, its a fan forum. You put me on ignore if you need. Im tired of a lot of your posts too. You whining about other people whining is pretty funny though.
No whining here. Point is, you literally have to be averaging one post a day where you say something about Spielman. Literally every day. Don't you think we get it?? Don't you think we know you don't like Spielman?? But you have to sit on here and repeat, repeat, repeat. THATS whats tiring.

No less you have an extreme lack of football knowledge given what you posted just now saying the defense played bad. We held a pretty good offense to FOURTEEN points and sacked Stafford FIVE times. Held them to 3-13 on third downs. Yeah what a bad defense? Are you kidding me? That alone tells me you really just enjoy coming on here to complain. Because saying this defense was bad today makes absolutely zero sense.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Are you cynical commentors Vikings fans?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: No whining here. Point is, you literally have to be averaging one post a day where you say something about Spielman. Literally every day. Don't you think we get it?? Don't you think we know you don't like Spielman?? But you have to sit on here and repeat, repeat, repeat. THATS whats tiring.

No less you have an extreme lack of football knowledge given what you posted just now saying the defense played bad. We held a pretty good offense to FOURTEEN points and sacked Stafford FIVE times. Held them to 3-13 on third downs. Yeah what a bad defense? Are you kidding me? That alone tells me you really just enjoy coming on here to complain. Because saying this defense was bad today makes absolutely zero sense.
They didnt play well enough to win, at home, against a division rival. Thats fine with you, but it ticks me off. Considering the D had quite a few opportunities to make plays.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
They didnt play well enough to win, at home, against a division rival. Thats fine with you, but it ticks me off. Considering the D had quite a few opportunities to make plays.
The OFFENSE didnt play well enough to win. If you hold any team to 14 points and 3-13 on third downs, usually you win a football game. Thats not on the defense. That is on the offense. Football 101
-Chazz Palminteri
darrenjohn89
Waterboy

Post by darrenjohn89 »

as bad as today was the Vikings were the better team. without the two fumbles witch neither was caused by Detroit they don't score any more points then the 3 they had. If the refs call a few penaltys on the pass interferences and holds causing us to also lose momentum, we move the ball hold possession and I'm sure score a few more points. yea we shot ourselves in the foot a few times but the missed penaltys also cost us the game. our defense is lights out. if they start catching a few of those dropped picks we have a number one defense. cooks injury aside today wasn't as bad as it felt.
Last edited by darrenjohn89 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.