View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 NFC North Looking Tough 
Site Admin

Post NFC North Looking Tough
The NFC North has 3 teams in the top 10 the NFL power rankings going into week 4. Similar results across the interwebs. Though there's a lot of disagreement among them about which NFC North team is actually the best. ESPN has 3 in the top 11 (Vikings at 11). CBS drops the Lions to 13. USA Today puts Vikings at 13. Pro Football Talk puts the Vikings at 14. Still - those are pretty high ratings to all be in the same division.

NFL.Com
ESPN
CBS
Pro Football Talk

Things change quickly in the NFL but heading into week 4 it looks like it'll be an interesting season in the NFC North.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:08 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Re: NFC North Looking Tough
And.....the Bears do not appear to be push-overs. Very solid division.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:37 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

autobon7 wrote:

Yeah the Bears are better than I thought. I'm not sure how but they are. We have to stop their backfield first and foremost which we've done well so far this season. Clog up the run game and put a lot of pressure on Glennon. I see a lot of picks this game

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:22 pm
Career Elite Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
autobon7 wrote:

Yeah the Bears are better than I thought. I'm not sure how but they are. We have to stop their backfield first and foremost which we've done well so far this season. Clog up the run game and put a lot of pressure on Glennon. I see a lot of picks this game

Agree. I think the Bears could be the hardest team to beat in the division. That's scary considering who's at QB for them. The next three weeks should clear things up a bit.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:12 pm
Commissioner

808vikingsfan wrote:
autobon7 wrote:

Agree. I think the Bears could be the hardest team to beat in the division.

Wow. That's a hot take. Whew.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 pm
Hall of Famer

808vikingsfan wrote:
autobon7 wrote:

Agree. I think the Bears could be the hardest team to beat in the division. That's scary considering who's at QB for them. The next three weeks should clear things up a bit.

Huh?

The Bears will be underdogs in all 6 division games. They're at Baltimore, at New Orleans (a totally different team at home), and at Philadelphia. They've already got 2 losses. They'll lose between 10 and 12 games. Book it.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:24 pm
Career Elite Player

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:

Huh?

The Bears will be underdogs in all 6 division games. They're at Baltimore, at New Orleans (a totally different team at home), and at Philadelphia. They've already got 2 losses. They'll lose between 10 and 12 games. Book it.

Two losses. Just one more than everyone else in the North. I guess I see GB and DET as teams the Vikings match up well with. The Bears? Their running game scares me. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears win at Lambeau tomorrow night.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:36 pm
Hall of Famer

autobon7 wrote:

They run the ball well, which burns clock and helps control field position. Defensively, they create turnovers and get off the field. That's old-school "black and blue" NFC North football. Ditka would be proud.

We'll see how that formula stacks up against the Packers tomorrow night. Even if the Packers manage a win, it will be a close game that probably comes down to some last-minute heroics on the part of Rodgers. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Bears take it, though.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:27 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

The fact it is in Lambeau on a Thursday night strongly favors Green Bay.

I hope the Bears prove to be viable under dogs.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:49 am
Career Elite Player

Packers up early. Chicago needs to establish the run on this next drive

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 pm
Starter

chicago eked out 7 seconds before the half. much needed

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm
Hall of Famer

Packers at home on National TV? Good luck. You will have to beat the Packers themselves plus the refs, The Whole NFL brass, The commissioner, the companies whose commercials are paying for the TV times Ect ect ect. Good luck with that Bears. Personally I'd love to see it.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:12 pm
Career Elite Player

Laserman wrote:
Packers at home on National TV? Good luck. You will have to beat the Packers themselves plus the refs, The Whole NFL brass, The commissioner, the companies whose commercials are paying for the TV times Ect ect ect. Good luck with that Bears. Personally I'd love to see it.

Did you all see that third-down spot last night? It gets you to wondering whether the ref was one of the team owners.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:09 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Just an aside from the fame last night, I hope Trevathan is suspended for multiple games for his hit on the Packer WR who's name escapes me now. That was a true dick move if there ever was one.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Just an aside from the fame last night, I hope Trevathan is suspended for multiple games for his hit on the Packer WR who's name escapes me now. That was a true dick move if there ever was one.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

While I don't think his hit to the head was intentional, the one thing he did was lower his head and lose sight of his target. In doing that he caused the hit to occur. Had he not done that, he could have adjusted. It will be interesting to see how the NFL deals with it.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:20 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

The calls Green Bay gets on offense are ridiculous. At one point the announcers pointed out that 3 of the 5 first downs on a particular drive were the result of penalties, one of which was an absolutely moronic PI call where the GB WR literally jumped into his defender on the side line.

Also, it is criminal how bad Mike Glennon was for his team last night. I hope he is still the QB with that group of putrid WR when we play them. I wonder if he'll make it though, it quite obvious that the play at QB was the reason the Bears lost that game the way they did.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:07 pm
Career Elite Player

mansquatch wrote:
The calls Green Bay gets on offense are ridiculous. At one point the announcers pointed out that 3 of the 5 first downs on a particular drive were the result of penalties, one of which was an absolutely moronic PI call where the GB WR literally jumped into his defender on the side line.

Also, it is criminal how bad Mike Glennon was for his team last night. I hope he is still the QB with that group of putrid WR when we play them. I wonder if he'll make it though, it quite obvious that the play at QB was the reason the Bears lost that game the way they did.

You kinda knew how the night was going to be from the first drive. Cobb clearly set a pick on the first TD. No call. But Chicago looked terrible. They gave that game away. With 11 days rest, I think they're going to start the rookie against the Vikings. Romo mentioned Fox did something similar in Denver with Tebow. Changed his entire gameplan for his new QB.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:30 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

808vikingsfan wrote:
mansquatch wrote:

You kinda knew how the night was going to be from the first drive. Cobb clearly set a pick on the first TD. No call. But Chicago looked terrible. They gave that game away. With 11 days rest, I think they're going to start the rookie against the Vikings. Romo mentioned Fox did something similar in Denver with Tebow. Changed his entire gameplan for his new QB.

4 Turnovers that gave the Packers 21 points. I hope the Bears suck that bad when we play them. Glennon's WR's didn't do him and favors as well. They dropped a few perfectly fine throws.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:05 pm
Strong Safety

My kid was saying Hunter is getting double teamed
a lot and they are single covering Griffen. That means
we should be getting great penetration at DT as
well.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]