Week 4: Detroit Lions VS Minnesota Vikings discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Week 4: Detroit Lions VS Minnesota Vikings discussion

Post by halfgiz »

@Vikings
38m
Coach Zimmer says that Sam Bradford will miss #DETvsMIN. @casekeenum7 will get his 3rd straight start.

Zimmer is hiding something about Sam's knee. He isn't even practicing.
cody_2664
Transition Player

Post by cody_2664 »

halfgiz wrote:@Vikings
38m
Coach Zimmer says that Sam Bradford will miss #DETvsMIN. @casekeenum7 will get his 3rd straight start.

I agree. I'm worried now. It would be crazy if teddy was back practicing before Sam.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Is this OUR year?
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

38m

Andrew Bynum missed 5 weeks because of a bone bruise. Why do you think he's hiding something?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Not sure if it was mentioned before but Blake Bell played QB in college. Maybe the Vikings can use him in short yardage situations.

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

38m

I agree. Something is not right. When is our bye?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

It makes sense to take it easy on Sam after Keenum's performance last week. If they can continue to win games, getting Bradford Healthy will be a huge boon heading into the the latter half of the season.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mansquatch wrote:It makes sense to take it easy on Sam after Keenum's performance last week. If they can continue to win games, getting Bradford Healthy will be a huge boon heading into the the latter half of the season.
Exactly I dont know why everyone is saying Zim is hiding something? It became public that Dr. Andrews himself said there was nothing wrong with it other than a bone bruise. Andrews' name wouldnt just be getting thrown all over the place is Sam had a serious knee issue going on. It doesnt work that way. Nothing is being hidden. Nate Burleson said on GMFB that he was out 6 weeks for a bone bruise before and that it's extremely painful
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I will say, this offense is very hard to predict right now. Last year with McKinnon and Asiata you had to worry about nothing if you were an opposing team. If you're an opposing DC right now, how do you game plan?? If you key on Diggs, Thielen will burn you. If you key on Thielen, Diggs will burn you. If you try and extend out to both of them the middle should be wide open for Rudy. And you got Cook who is one of the most dangerous RBs in the league right now and can burn you running and catching the ball right now. No less our OL has been playing great (knock on wood). You pair it with this defense and we are a very difficult thing to beat.

On defense, just from seeing how Detroit played us last year, we need to get our CBs up in press coverage. Stafford murdered us with short throws last year in both games. If we press and give our DL the chance to get after Stafford and take advantage of a guy like Robinson going against Griffen we could dominate this game.

I'm going to say 28-16 Vikings
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Nice article in the Ringer about the Vikings offense:
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/29 ... am-thielen
This offense feels and looks different. This year, the foundation’s been fortified. Diggs has developed into that true go-to guy, the playmaker that Bradford or Keenum can throw to in high-pressure situations. Thielen gives them a talented secondary option and can get behind a defense on any given snap. And with Cook, the team has what looks to be an elusive home run hitter that can create on his own and take a ton of pressure off his quarterback. Holding it all together is what looks like a much improved offensive line, which has given up only three sacks in three games, tied for third fewest in the league (the Vikings gave up 38 sacks last year, which ranked 23rd).
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Solid article. This was an excellent offseason IMO by Rick Spielman. Obviously everyone knows I'm a big Spielman supporter but for not having a first round pick going into this year and having some pretty massive needs, Spielman did a great job assessing them.

Going into this season we needed pretty much every position on the OL other than the position Berger decided to settle at.

Remmers worries me at times but for the most part has held his own
Reiff has been a stud of a LT so far this year
Easton has been up and down but is still young. An average starter IMO
Elflein has been a rock at C.

Cook is the real deal. And we have probably the best "backup" RB in the league in Murray
Keenum is a top 5 backup in the league and last week proved that.
Even though we have a rotation going on at 3 tech, our run defense has been top 5 in the league
Gedeon seems to be a solid starting WLB and special teamer.
Coley seems to be a solid late round find
I really want to see Jaleel Johnson at 3 tech. It's hard to just plug him in there right now because our interior is playing so well but I feel like he would be better than Stephen at least. Maybe even Tom Johnson
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm disappointed Treadwell hasn't been able to find his way into providing for the team yet. He's a great run blocker and that's about it. It will be interesting to see if he remains 3rd on the depth chart when Floyd returns. I'm not completely writing him off, it takes most receivers 3 years to hit their stride, but his lack of production is worrying.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:I'm disappointed Treadwell hasn't been able to find his way into providing for the team yet. He's a great run blocker and that's about it. It will be interesting to see if he remains 3rd on the depth chart when Floyd returns. I'm not completely writing him off, it takes most receivers 3 years to hit their stride, but his lack of production is worrying.
I've heard comments that he was open a lot in the last game. It would be nice to see some sort of breakout game. Maybe this week?
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Gedeon seems to be a solid starting WLB and special teamer.
A few examples on how Gedeon is progressing.[OC] A Gif Breakdown of Ben Gedeon and What He's Done for the Vikings' Run Defense

The last pic in the above link. How can you not like Gedeon?

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote: I've heard comments that he was open a lot in the last game. It would be nice to see some sort of breakout game. Maybe this week?
He was a few times but so was Thielen and Diggs. Treadwell runs really good routes, at least from what I could tell last week at the game. He is a better run blocker than Patterson was, and I thought he was good.
Who will the odd man out be when Floyd comes back?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:He was a few times but so was Thielen and Diggs. Treadwell runs really good routes, at least from what I could tell last week at the game. He is a better run blocker than Patterson was, and I thought he was good.
Who will the odd man out be when Floyd comes back?

Rodney Adams is my guess.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly