NFC North Looking Tough

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

NFC North Looking Tough

Post by Cliff »

The NFC North has 3 teams in the top 10 the NFL power rankings going into week 4. Similar results across the interwebs. Though there's a lot of disagreement among them about which NFC North team is actually the best. ESPN has 3 in the top 11 (Vikings at 11). CBS drops the Lions to 13. USA Today puts Vikings at 13. Pro Football Talk puts the Vikings at 14. Still - those are pretty high ratings to all be in the same division.

NFL.Com
ESPN
CBS
Pro Football Talk

Things change quickly in the NFL but heading into week 4 it looks like it'll be an interesting season in the NFC North.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Re: NFC North Looking Tough

Post by autobon7 »

And.....the Bears do not appear to be push-overs. Very solid division.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

autobon7 wrote:And.....the Bears do not appear to be push-overs. Very solid division.
Yeah the Bears are better than I thought. I'm not sure how but they are. We have to stop their backfield first and foremost which we've done well so far this season. Clog up the run game and put a lot of pressure on Glennon. I see a lot of picks this game
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yeah the Bears are better than I thought. I'm not sure how but they are. We have to stop their backfield first and foremost which we've done well so far this season. Clog up the run game and put a lot of pressure on Glennon. I see a lot of picks this game
Agree. I think the Bears could be the hardest team to beat in the division. That's scary considering who's at QB for them. The next three weeks should clear things up a bit.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote: Agree. I think the Bears could be the hardest team to beat in the division.
Wow. That's a hot take. Whew.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Agree. I think the Bears could be the hardest team to beat in the division. That's scary considering who's at QB for them. The next three weeks should clear things up a bit.
Huh?

The Bears will be underdogs in all 6 division games. They're at Baltimore, at New Orleans (a totally different team at home), and at Philadelphia. They've already got 2 losses. They'll lose between 10 and 12 games. Book it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Huh?

The Bears will be underdogs in all 6 division games. They're at Baltimore, at New Orleans (a totally different team at home), and at Philadelphia. They've already got 2 losses. They'll lose between 10 and 12 games. Book it.
Two losses. Just one more than everyone else in the North. I guess I see GB and DET as teams the Vikings match up well with. The Bears? Their running game scares me. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears win at Lambeau tomorrow night.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yeah the Bears are better than I thought. I'm not sure how but they are. We have to stop their backfield first and foremost which we've done well so far this season. Clog up the run game and put a lot of pressure on Glennon. I see a lot of picks this game

They run the ball well, which burns clock and helps control field position. Defensively, they create turnovers and get off the field. That's old-school "black and blue" NFC North football. Ditka would be proud.

We'll see how that formula stacks up against the Packers tomorrow night. Even if the Packers manage a win, it will be a close game that probably comes down to some last-minute heroics on the part of Rodgers. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Bears take it, though.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

The fact it is in Lambeau on a Thursday night strongly favors Green Bay.

I hope the Bears prove to be viable under dogs.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Packers up early. Chicago needs to establish the run on this next drive
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

chicago eked out 7 seconds before the half. much needed
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Packers at home on National TV? Good luck. You will have to beat the Packers themselves plus the refs, The Whole NFL brass, The commissioner, the companies whose commercials are paying for the TV times Ect ect ect. Good luck with that Bears. Personally I'd love to see it.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Laserman wrote:Packers at home on National TV? Good luck. You will have to beat the Packers themselves plus the refs, The Whole NFL brass, The commissioner, the companies whose commercials are paying for the TV times Ect ect ect. Good luck with that Bears. Personally I'd love to see it.
Did you all see that third-down spot last night? It gets you to wondering whether the ref was one of the team owners.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Just an aside from the fame last night, I hope Trevathan is suspended for multiple games for his hit on the Packer WR who's name escapes me now. That was a true dick move if there ever was one.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Just an aside from the fame last night, I hope Trevathan is suspended for multiple games for his hit on the Packer WR who's name escapes me now. That was a true dick move if there ever was one.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
While I don't think his hit to the head was intentional, the one thing he did was lower his head and lose sight of his target. In doing that he caused the hit to occur. Had he not done that, he could have adjusted. It will be interesting to see how the NFL deals with it.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966