Buccaneers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 3

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Buccaneers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week

Post by Just Me »

Thaumaturgist wrote: I'm still here, lurking as always. I've never posted a ton, even in the game day threads, but I currently only have NFL Game Pass, and the full game isn't released until 8:00 PM. I don't like to go onto the game day thread until after I've watched the game. Stinks that I can't watch the games live...
I know when I tape the game (I have Sunday Ticket) on Sundays when I have conflicts with the game. I'll usually avoid the game threads too (until I've had a chance to watch the game). Sometimes I might only be 30 minutes or so "behind" the game but I will still watch it and avoid the threads.

My comment (in case some construed it that way) wasn't really meant to be a "dig" as much as a general observation. In any case, it was nice that my long road trip was worth it...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:How much did you pay? I nociced hadni waited until Sunday morning, I would have paid quite a bit less.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
$250 per ticket roughly.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: $250 per ticket roughly.
That's not bad. On Sunday morning, the tickets were really cheap. I may try that strategy sometime.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

jackal wrote:The NFL isn't doing well right now

Between the political crap, head injury
concerns, drug issues and domestic violence etc

People want to watch football and forget about
drama and real life not get more drama and controversy
shoved down their throats. We need more Ronnie Lott
players not social media puppets
Maybe if people like you did more to fix the "political crap" Mon- Sat, then your Sunday would be free from the "drama". It must be really nice not having to worry about inequality in this country and only have to deal with it on Sundays. If you think you are tired of hearing about it, imagine how exhausting dealing with it is. But hey, "#### the families, communities and populations that my favorite player comes from, I'm only concern on if they can win my team some games." Who cares about what my favorite player 5 years from now has to deal with today.
:wallbang:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

YikesVikes wrote: Maybe if people like you did more to fix the "political crap" Mon- Sat, then your Sunday would be free from the "drama". It must be really nice not having to worry about inequality in this country and only have to deal with it on Sundays. If you think you are tired of hearing about it, imagine how exhausting dealing with it is. But hey, "#### the families, communities and populations that my favorite player comes from, I'm only concern on if they can win my team some games." Who cares about what my favorite player 5 years from now has to deal with today.
Overreact much?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Overreact much?

I don't see it as an overreaction.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

bread and circus, bishes :rock:
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Texas Vike wrote:I don't see it as an overreaction.

Agreed.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

YikesVikes wrote: Maybe if people like you did more to fix the "political crap" Mon- Sat, then your Sunday would be free from the "drama". It must be really nice not having to worry about inequality in this country and only have to deal with it on Sundays. If you think you are tired of hearing about it, imagine how exhausting dealing with it is. But hey, "#### the families, communities and populations that my favorite player comes from, I'm only concern on if they can win my team some games." Who cares about what my favorite player 5 years from now has to deal with today.
Politics are against board rules. Take it to PM's if you want to continue this discussion.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote: Politics are against board rules. Take it to PM's if you want to continue this discussion.
With all due respect, this is the biggest story in the NFL right now -- not the games. If this board is going to put its collective head in the sand and pretend the protests aren't part of the storyline, then it's not the board I thought it was.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

The problem I had was Ken merely pointed out a few things going on and he got blasted by someone who, for reasons unknown to anyone but him, took offense to the post. It was like me posting that gas prices are high and someone freaking out that I don't know anything about why there high so I should just be quiet.

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:With all due respect, this is the biggest story in the NFL right now -- not the games. If this board is going to put its collective head in the sand and pretend the protests aren't part of the storyline, then it's not the board I thought it was.
To some degree bringing up politics in this context is going to happen and the rules do need to be a bit bent for that. However, I think the way in which that conversation was going is exactly the kind of political discussion we want to avoid. It wasn't just a conversation about the situation, it was personal.
Maybe if people like you did more to fix the "political crap" Mon- Sat, then your Sunday would be free from the "drama".
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I agree with Cliff. Granted, it is a problem but whatever we discuss on here isnt going to solve the problem going on in the NFL and it's going to turn this board upside down. I think these guys are a##holes for kneeling. I think it's ignorant. I'm as far from a racist as they come but the whole kneeling and holding up the fist crap is what's causing this uproar because every little thing someone says is considered "racist" now and these guys feel like they have to act on it. No other sport is doing this. I can say this crap 100 times on here but it's not going to stop them or solve anything. And it's going to turn into battles on here. I just want to talk football with you guys and enjoy how our Vikings are playing right now. Whats going on in the world right now is somehow eventually going to have to solve itself. 50 guys on a message board arent going to solve it.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

There have been enough topics like this (political/football hybrid) that we're considering starting up a new political forum - of course the personal attack rule would still be in effect so the above post would still be called out.

We've got a section for smack talk because we decided an outlet for that is necessary and can be fun so perhaps one for politics is as well and would be a good idea. I think we want to keep the discussion about actual Vikings football separate from the core political debate. This particular thread really isn't the place for it but at the same time it's a pretty political discussion meaning a new thread couldn't really be started either.

This also isn't the first time a discussion that is hybrid football/politics has come up and it would be nice to have a place for that. I have actually been thinking about adding a political section for a while. People here are pretty level-headed and if it causes problems I can turn it back off.

Anyway, we'll see how that goes. The mods are discussing it currently.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: With all due respect, this is the biggest story in the NFL right now -- not the games. If this board is going to put its collective head in the sand and pretend the protests aren't part of the storyline, then it's not the board I thought it was.
Then take it to the Smack Shack, perhaps?

(Sorry if I missed on the quotes)
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."