2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet »

Bradford not present at the start of practice. I'd be surprised if he suited up.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Sounds like he's getting knee looked at not likely to play this sunday
Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson 31s32 seconds ago

ESPN reports that Sam Bradford is seeking second opinion on knee from Dr. James Andrews, not expected to play Sunday.
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Dan Graziano

Case Keenum was taking first-team reps, and source confirms Sam Bradford is out Sunday.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Bradford not present at the start of practice. I'd be surprised if he suited up.
I blame you and that avatar of yours.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Figures. I am bringing my gf to her first vikings game this weekend. We'll we've seen a few Timberwolves, Wild , and Gopher hockey games and we are 5-0, so maybe she will help...

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Figures. I am bringing my gf to her first vikings game this weekend. We'll we've seen a few Timberwolves, Wild , and Gopher hockey games and we are 5-0, so maybe she will help...

I still think the Vikings have a good shot this weekend. TB doesn't have as many weapons as Pitt and their defense isn't as good. Plus that stadium is a big home field advantage.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

S197 wrote: I still think the Vikings have a good shot this weekend. TB doesn't have as many weapons as Pitt and their defense isn't as good. Plus that stadium is a big home field advantage.
Either way, I told my Gf to bring her 'A' game.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: I blame you and that avatar of yours.
The truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping onto a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: I still think the Vikings have a good shot this weekend. TB doesn't have as many weapons as Pitt and their defense isn't as good. Plus that stadium is a big home field advantage.
I'm incredibly pessimistic. Our offensive line isn't good, despite its week 1. McCoy/Spence will be incredibly disruptive and I have zero faith in Waynes matched up against Evans or Jackson. If I was Tampa Bay I'd have Jackson throw deep shots to Jackson all game and wait for the PI.

If Bradford was playing, I'd think they would stand a bit more of a chance. Even then I wouldn't like their odds, even at home. Really hope I'm wrong.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

dead_poet wrote: I'm incredibly pessimistic. Our offensive line isn't good, despite its week 1. McCoy/Spence will be incredibly disruptive and I have zero faith in Waynes matched up against Evans or Jackson. If I was Tampa Bay I'd have Jackson throw deep shots to Jackson all game and wait for the PI.

If Bradford was playing, I'd think they would stand a bit more of a chance. Even then I wouldn't like their odds, even at home. Really hope I'm wrong.
Can I be the one to say you were wrong in every asset here?? :lol: :lol: Just messing brother!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mike Harris' condition revealed. He has retired.
After tests were conducted at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, it was determined Harris had a congenital condition known as brain arteriovenous malformation (AVM). The Mayo Clinic website describes it as “a tangle of abnormal blood vessels connecting arteries and veins in the brain.’’
http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/26/ex ... etirement/

Sounds scary but looks like the prognosis is good. Worth the read. Good luck to Mike. He grew into being a reliable starter. Really sucks for him.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

That is scary. I wish him well for the rest of his life.

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

That's a tough break. I hope football didn't exacerbate the problem.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Can I be the one to say you were wrong in every asset here?? :lol: :lol: Just messing brother!
I love being wrong. Remmers surprised me Sunday. He was actually...good? That can't be right.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote: I love being wrong. Remmers surprised me Sunday. He was actually...good? That can't be right.
:lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Just to get a good laugh, Matt Kalil is currently ranked 61st out of 72 qualifiers according to PFF. Riley Reiff is ranked 18th and Mike Remmers is ranked 19th. :shock:

So maybe finally, the "Spielman doesnt know what he's doing" stuff could actually stop for once.

Reiff got a 5 year $58.5 mill deal
Remmers got a 5 year $30 mill deal

Matt Kalil got a 5 year 55 mill deal :lol: :lol:
-Chazz Palminteri