View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Bradfords knee?? 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Re: Bradfords knee??
@Kapp
I think what you posted is the safe play and would be common thought for most franchises.
Do you feel at all that the current QB situation is mirroring the o-line scenario from 2 off seasons ago?
Waiting on 2 tackles and a center to return to form from injuries and they didn't?

I don't know if Sloter is the answer or not, I'm considering the questions? What is the scenario he gets his opportunity this season? And are the Vikes trending that way in reality? or will Sam or TB overcome what sounds like really messy knee injuries?
Obviously it's a wait and see....just wondering what posters here would do in certain scenarios vs what they feel the Vikes would do in those same scenarios.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:22 am
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
Laserman wrote:
Why do I have the feeling this Bradford knee thing is gonna turn into weeks of no starts? Being a Vikings fan for over 40 years will do that to you sooner or later. Hard to stay optimistic

Because it will. Non-contact injury to a ACL-repaired knee isn't going to suddenly be okay after a week or two.
I am curious what is actually going on in his knee. If he does see Dr. Andrew's, I hope they release some details about it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

Nunin wrote:
@Kapp
I think what you posted is the safe play and would be common thought for most franchises.
Do you feel at all that the current QB situation is mirroring the o-line scenario from 2 off seasons ago?
Waiting on 2 tackles and a center to return to form from injuries and they didn't?

I don't know if Sloter is the answer or not, I'm considering the questions? What is the scenario he gets his opportunity this season? And are the Vikes trending that way in reality? or will Sam or TB overcome what sounds like really messy knee injuries?
Obviously it's a wait and see....just wondering what posters here would do in certain scenarios vs what they feel the Vikes would do in those same scenarios.

Let me address the "safe play" comment first.

If Kyle Sloter sees the field this week, the game is lost. That's not the safe play. That's fact. Thats' realism. I'll go further ... if he sees the field at all THIS SEASON, the season is over. I'm trying to be provocative, but honestly THAT is the safe comment.

We have to hold serve somehow until our actual quarterbacks are healthy enough to play. We have to rely on the two commodities that have been solid in the past -- our defense and our special teams.

Secondly, no ... I don't think the current QB situation is the same as the O-line. The difference is in talent. Bradford has first-round talent. Bridgewater has first-round talent (and he has shown every indication that he will be ready to come off the PUP list after Week 6). We have a decent backup in Keenum. When it came to the O-line two years ago and especially last year, we didn't have talent. Even if the starters had returned, it likely wouldn't have mattered. Was Matt Kalil gonna be the answer?

The scenario that Kyle Sloter finds himself as the starting quarterback? Only if all three of the others are hurt. Otherwise, there's no way he sees the field. And why should he? The guy has been on the team for 3 weeks. He's an undrafted free agent rookie who attempted exactly ONE college pass before his senior year at -- not a Power-5 school, but -- Northern Colorado. He's never played a down in the NFL (preseason doesn't count). He's a "project" if ever there were one.

Of course, Kyle Sloter is one ankle sprain to Case Keenum from being the man this coming Sunday. Gulp.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:33 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Vikings official injury report for Sunday contains one injured player: Sam Bradford, listed as out. Everyone else is healthy.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:06 pm
Franchise Player

720pete wrote:
Vikings official injury report for Sunday contains one injured player: Sam Bradford, listed as out. Everyone else is healthy.

Is there a player the could less afford to lose than Sam?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:35 pm
Commissioner

PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Laserman wrote:
Why do I have the feeling this Bradford knee thing is gonna turn into weeks of no starts? Being a Vikings fan for over 40 years will do that to you sooner or later. Hard to stay optimistic

Because it will. Non-contact injury to a ACL-repaired knee isn't going to suddenly be okay after a week or two.
I am curious what is actually going on in his knee. If he does see Dr. Andrew's, I hope they release some details about it.

This is Zimmer. You/we won't know anything except for the injury reports and active/inactives.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:48 pm
All Pro Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Laserman wrote:

I certainly wouldn't mind hearing some details, but mostly I hope they get enough information (same thing with Teddy) to make some informed decisions about the present and the future.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:01 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

SP1966 wrote:
720pete wrote:

Is there a player the could less afford to lose than Sam?

Nope. And that's why this franchise is cursed.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:53 pm
Commissioner

Per James Andrews, Bradford's knee is indeed a Boone bruise. Best news. No structural damage. Week-to-week. Target return week 6.

By then it'll be too late though.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:27 am
All Pro Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
Per James Andrews, Bradford's knee is indeed a Boone bruise. Best news. No structural damage. Week-to-week. Target return week 6.

Stupid, so we will have a straight up QB controversy if Bradford doesn't light it up in his one chance before Bridgewater returns to active. Ugh.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:12 am
Hall of Famer

Week Six return for Bradford? As Dandy Don would say " Turn out the Lights, the party's over........

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:26 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Damn Alex Boone bruised Bradford's knee.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:35 am
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

IrishViking wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

Stupid, so we will have a straight up QB controversy if Bradford doesn't light it up in his one chance before Bridgewater returns to active. Ugh.
If he's week to week how is the target return week 6? Also how do you bruise your bone with non contact?

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
IrishViking wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

If he's week to week how is the target return week 6? Also how do you bruise your bone with non contact?

With two acl repairs on that knee going up a flight of stairs might inflame it.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:41 am
Franchise Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Damn Alex Boone bruised Bradford's knee.

Finally we know why he was cut!

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:26 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

IrishViking wrote:

While that could be true (I"m going through ACL and Menisci rehab right now), the question is still a valid one: a bone bruise must have been a contact injury. Zimmer doesn't share info willingly, so I'd bet there was contact at some point. If it is a bone bruise, which bone? Femur, Tibia, Patella? If it truly has nothing to do with his knee ligaments, I'd feel a lot better. In that case, we need to somehow survive the next month.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:17 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

He hit the ground really hard the one time he was sacked. Mashed his shoulder good...maybe it happened then and the shoulder impact detracted from the way his legs hit the ground. It was one of those things where the defender threw al his weight on top of him on the way to the ground. Trying to injure him, basically.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:43 pm
Commissioner

IrishViking wrote:

This.

Also the bone bruise comment was from

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/24/1635 ... -left-knee

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:04 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I hope Keenum can play decent over the coming games. All I know is if we go back to Teddy we are in trouble. The guy simply isn't an NFL caliber QB. His stats over the course of two years were pathetic. In fact, in two years I only remember 1 performance by Teddy that is comparable to either Bradford or Keenum's in two games this season. Let's hope for the best.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:29 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

mosscarter wrote:
I hope Keenum can play decent over the coming games. All I know is if we go back to Teddy we are in trouble. The guy simply isn't an NFL caliber QB. His stats over the course of two years were pathetic. In fact, in two years I only remember 1 performance by Teddy that is comparable to either Bradford or Keenum's in two games this season. Let's hope for the best.

i'm not convinced with the italicized part...but completely agree with the bolded part.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:38 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Nunin wrote:
mosscarter wrote:

i'm not convinced with the italicized part...but completely agree with the bolded part.
I feel the same way.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

mosscarter wrote:

and yet he (TB) led this team to an 11-5 record and a chip shot away from winning their first playoff game since 09. Stats don't matter. It's what you do when it counts.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:56 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

808vikingsfan wrote:
mosscarter wrote:

and yet he (TB) led this team to an 11-5 record and a chip shot away from winning their first playoff game since 09. Stats don't matter. It's what you do when it counts.

he didn't get them into the endzone during a home playoff game.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:57 pm
Starter

its too early in the season to be rummaging around trying different QB's. Play who's working. If down the line the season is tanked, then tinker around with options. Until then, play who's playing well. waaaay too early to tinker.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 pm
Career Elite Player

Nunin wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
mosscarter wrote:

he didn't get them into the endzone during a home playoff game.

True. But if you remember, the weather was a factor and Seattle had a good defense. They held Peterson to 43 yds. Wilson also struggled except for completing that long pass on a broken play to set up the only td of the game. Still, Bridgwater drove his team to the 9 yd line with :26 seconds left in the game. I still believe Teddy did enough to put his team in a position to win that game. He's also never had a solid OL so we really don't know how he'd perform with good protection.

To say he's not NFL caliber is ludicrous.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:51 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

What we saw out of our qb play 2 out of the first 3 weeks is a real NFL caliber passing game. I agree with Nunin, had Teddy (the golden child for some reason who never produced) gotten us in the end zone that field goal would have been irrelevant. What would have Bradford's numbers had been last year if he had a 1,500 yard rushing season from Peterson? Case closed.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 pm
Career Elite Player

mosscarter wrote:
What we saw out of our qb play 2 out of the first 3 weeks is a real NFL caliber passing game. I agree with Nunin, had Teddy (the golden child for some reason who never produced) gotten us in the end zone that field goal would have been irrelevant. What would have Bradford's numbers had been last year if he had a 1,500 yard rushing season from Peterson? Case closed.

As much as I appreciated Peterson, he limited the offense. I think we're seeing that this year. Having a 3 down rb opens up what the offense can do on first down, especially since the offense can now set up in the shotgun. Dalvin makes this offense so much more unpredictable. Just ask the Saints.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:02 am
Career Elite Player

808vikingsfan wrote:
mosscarter wrote:

As much as I appreciated Peterson, he limited the offense. I think we're seeing that this year. Having a 3 down rb opens up what the offense can do on first down, especially since the offense can now set up in the shotgun. Dalvin makes this offense so much more unpredictable. Just ask the Saints.

Since we're all into stats, here's one. Peterson's entire career as a Vikings, do you know how many times the Vikings won 11 games or more? Twice. 2009 with Favre and 2015 with Bridgewater. Keep in mind TJ Clemmings started all 16 games in 2015.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:32 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

IMHO TB is really just a game manager. What he has shown so far is that he struggles mightily with the deep ball, has decent pocket awareness (even tho he cost us games by being strip sacked twice Den & Ari) but seems to hold the ball too long, and appears to be a good leader and all around nice guy. I really don't care who our QB is as long as they can help guide us to the promised land but I am just seeing a QB that is a good game manager......but not someone who could have duplicated the performances seen in games 1 and 3.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:35 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

autobon7 wrote:
IMHO TB is really just a game manager. What he has shown so far is that he struggles mightily with the deep ball, has decent pocket awareness (even tho he cost us games by being strip sacked twice Den & Ari) but seems to hold the ball too long, and appears to be a good leader and all around nice guy. I really don't care who our QB is as long as they can help guide us to the promised land but I am just seeing a QB that is a good game manager......but not someone who could have duplicated the performances seen in games 1 and 3.

My thing with Teddy is that he is a winner and guys get behind that. If Bradford can stay healthy I think he's the better overall QB but Teddy knows how to win.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next