Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by Nunin »

@Kapp
I think what you posted is the safe play and would be common thought for most franchises.
Do you feel at all that the current QB situation is mirroring the o-line scenario from 2 off seasons ago?
Waiting on 2 tackles and a center to return to form from injuries and they didn't?

I don't know if Sloter is the answer or not, I'm considering the questions? What is the scenario he gets his opportunity this season? And are the Vikes trending that way in reality? or will Sam or TB overcome what sounds like really messy knee injuries?
Obviously it's a wait and see....just wondering what posters here would do in certain scenarios vs what they feel the Vikes would do in those same scenarios.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Because it will. Non-contact injury to a ACL-repaired knee isn't going to suddenly be okay after a week or two.
I am curious what is actually going on in his knee. If he does see Dr. Andrew's, I hope they release some details about it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Nunin wrote:@Kapp
I think what you posted is the safe play and would be common thought for most franchises.
Do you feel at all that the current QB situation is mirroring the o-line scenario from 2 off seasons ago?
Waiting on 2 tackles and a center to return to form from injuries and they didn't?

I don't know if Sloter is the answer or not, I'm considering the questions? What is the scenario he gets his opportunity this season? And are the Vikes trending that way in reality? or will Sam or TB overcome what sounds like really messy knee injuries?
Obviously it's a wait and see....just wondering what posters here would do in certain scenarios vs what they feel the Vikes would do in those same scenarios.
Let me address the "safe play" comment first.

If Kyle Sloter sees the field this week, the game is lost. That's not the safe play. That's fact. Thats' realism. I'll go further ... if he sees the field at all THIS SEASON, the season is over. I'm trying to be provocative, but honestly THAT is the safe comment.

We have to hold serve somehow until our actual quarterbacks are healthy enough to play. We have to rely on the two commodities that have been solid in the past -- our defense and our special teams.

Secondly, no ... I don't think the current QB situation is the same as the O-line. The difference is in talent. Bradford has first-round talent. Bridgewater has first-round talent (and he has shown every indication that he will be ready to come off the PUP list after Week 6). We have a decent backup in Keenum. When it came to the O-line two years ago and especially last year, we didn't have talent. Even if the starters had returned, it likely wouldn't have mattered. Was Matt Kalil gonna be the answer?

The scenario that Kyle Sloter finds himself as the starting quarterback? Only if all three of the others are hurt. Otherwise, there's no way he sees the field. And why should he? The guy has been on the team for 3 weeks. He's an undrafted free agent rookie who attempted exactly ONE college pass before his senior year at -- not a Power-5 school, but -- Northern Colorado. He's never played a down in the NFL (preseason doesn't count). He's a "project" if ever there were one.

Of course, Kyle Sloter is one ankle sprain to Case Keenum from being the man this coming Sunday. Gulp.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Vikings official injury report for Sunday contains one injured player: Sam Bradford, listed as out. Everyone else is healthy.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

720pete wrote:Vikings official injury report for Sunday contains one injured player: Sam Bradford, listed as out. Everyone else is healthy.
Is there a player the could less afford to lose than Sam?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am curious what is actually going on in his knee. If he does see Dr. Andrew's, I hope they release some details about it.

This is Zimmer. You/we won't know anything except for the injury reports and active/inactives.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am curious what is actually going on in his knee. If he does see Dr. Andrew's, I hope they release some details about it.

I certainly wouldn't mind hearing some details, but mostly I hope they get enough information (same thing with Teddy) to make some informed decisions about the present and the future.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

SP1966 wrote: Is there a player the could less afford to lose than Sam?
Nope. And that's why this franchise is cursed.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Per James Andrews, Bradford's knee is indeed a Boone bruise. Best news. No structural damage. Week-to-week. Target return week 6.

By then it'll be too late though.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

dead_poet wrote:Per James Andrews, Bradford's knee is indeed a Boone bruise. Best news. No structural damage. Week-to-week. Target return week 6.

By then it'll be too late though.
Stupid, so we will have a straight up QB controversy if Bradford doesn't light it up in his one chance before Bridgewater returns to active. Ugh.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Week Six return for Bradford? As Dandy Don would say " Turn out the Lights, the party's over........
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Damn Alex Boone bruised Bradford's knee.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

IrishViking wrote: Stupid, so we will have a straight up QB controversy if Bradford doesn't light it up in his one chance before Bridgewater returns to active. Ugh.
If he's week to week how is the target return week 6? Also how do you bruise your bone with non contact?

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:If he's week to week how is the target return week 6? Also how do you bruise your bone with non contact?

With two acl repairs on that knee going up a flight of stairs might inflame it.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Damn Alex Boone bruised Bradford's knee.

Finally we know why he was cut!