Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by Nunin »

Norv Zimmer wrote: I concur, what pisses me off most about this team is how on 3rd and 15 they run a draw play to Mckinnon instead of throwing it deep.
There's still so much that could happen this season....i just hope they shift their thinking some, cause I believe they a great assemblage of talent.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I really don't think Keenum played all that bad last week.

1. His line played like garbage.
2. Put in Sirles at LG please.
3. Give the ball to Cook more, no more RB rotation.
4. Full week of prep as starter this week.
5. Home game.

Plus, he played very well against TB last year as a starter. I have a feeling he's going to look really good this week.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Nunin wrote:i would have a very short hook on keenam.....i think this team needs to take a "shot downfield".
i think this organization creates it's own luck with some of it's conservative tendencies.

What happens if you pull Keenum out early and Sloter looks completely lost out there? I think Keenum is the starter unless he gets hurt.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Kevin Seifert‏@SeifertESPN

Mike Zimmer era:
2014: Peterson suspension
2015: NFC North title
2016: Bridgewater/Peterson hurt
2017: Bradford knee injury in Week 1
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

808vikingsfan wrote:
Cursed.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

808vikingsfan wrote:
What happens if you pull Keenum out early and Sloter looks completely lost out there? I think Keenum is the starter unless he gets hurt.
I'm not really saying pull Keenum out as much as I am saying start Sloter just to see what he has.So the short hook comment was in the context of a week to week scenario vs a qtr by qtr thing. It's their right and quite frankly linked to their due diligence as an organization to know what they are paying for in a player. Keenum is a known IMO.
If Sloter fails that's fine by me then put Keenum back in and shoot for the best. My point is that there is a basic understanding what Keenum is capable of.....just like when Seattle signed that backup QB from the Packers. They gave Wilson a crack because they saw something possible with him. My question is, is this organization even open to that kind of move...and would they see that in a guy to begin with? What if Sloter, like Diggs is just a stud? How would anyone know? Diggs got his shot only because of injury and he turned out to be the best receiver on the roster from the getgo. Am I really to believe that Adam Theilen just now figured out how to get open and catch the ball? Run fast? Obviously there are more receivers to hop over than QBs on the depth chart....but considering how important the position is and the current status of the two franchise hopes. I think it's worth a shot. Maybe they'll be forced into it....and that is kind of like a guy holding the ball afraid to take a shot downfield IMO. Sloter is most likely a week or 2 away from being comfortable with the offense anyway....but if Sam is fooked, then I'd like to see the kid get a shot, the sooner the better.

Sometimes....maybe a lot of the time, you just don't know what you can get out of a player or what he is worth until you put him in there when it counts. I heard Ponder looked flawless in practice.

I'm not arguing with you....just voicing some of the frustration I have at what I see as this organization frittering away opportunities and talent based on what appears to me to be poor instincts. so, sorry for the rant
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Nunin wrote:isn't james andrews like the grim reaper of knees?

Put Sloter in!
I would categorize him more as a knee expert. He's worked on a lot of ACL injuries. I think this includes Adrian Peterson.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Norv Zimmer wrote: Cursed.
My sentiments exactly. Why can't we have nice things?
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

petev_sj wrote:I hope the Mods for this site is ok with me asking this question. I apologize if it's not appropriate.

Does anyone think Sam Bradford's non contact injury was a long term contract negotiation ploy?
I don't have an issue asking the question. From a moderator perspective, I think questions about the team or the team's players are fair game. We mainly focus on keeping things like politics, religion, good fan/bad fan stuff off the site.

As a fan, I think it's unlikely. If he needs to move on, seems like a lose/lose situation for Bradford. Either he's pulling a stunt to get paid or his knee puts him in jeopardy of having a long term career. Either scenario would be a big red flag for anyone signing him.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

S197 wrote: I would categorize him more as a knee expert. He's worked on a lot of ACL injuries. I think this includes Adrian Peterson.
yeah, I'm familiar with him as an expert, I just thought there was some controversy around him recently...but I couldn't find anything to support that.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I really don't think Keenum played all that bad last week.

1. His line played like garbage.
2. Put in Sirles at LG please.
3. Give the ball to Cook more, no more RB rotation.
4. Full week of prep as starter this week.
5. Home game.
I'm feeling the same way. One thing he needs to do is step up into the pocket more but I am glad they ruled him out now and not 2 seconds before game time. Being home is a huge factor. I'm not ready to give up on Easton yet
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Nunin wrote: I'm not really saying pull Keenum out as much as I am saying start Sloter just to see what he has.So the short hook comment was in the context of a week to week scenario vs a qtr by qtr thing. It's their right and quite frankly linked to their due diligence as an organization to know what they are paying for in a player. Keenum is a known IMO.
If Sloter fails that's fine by me then put Keenum back in and shoot for the best. My point is that there is a basic understanding what Keenum is capable of.....just like when Seattle signed that backup QB from the Packers. They gave Wilson a crack because they saw something possible with him. My question is, is this organization even open to that kind of move...and would they see that in a guy to begin with? What if Sloter, like Diggs is just a stud? How would anyone know? Diggs got his shot only because of injury and he turned out to be the best receiver on the roster from the getgo. Am I really to believe that Adam Theilen just now figured out how to get open and catch the ball? Run fast? Obviously there are more receivers to hop over than QBs on the depth chart....but considering how important the position is and the current status of the two franchise hopes. I think it's worth a shot. Maybe they'll be forced into it....and that is kind of like a guy holding the ball afraid to take a shot downfield IMO. Sloter is most likely a week or 2 away from being comfortable with the offense anyway....but if Sam is fooked, then I'd like to see the kid get a shot, the sooner the better.

Sometimes....maybe a lot of the time, you just don't know what you can get out of a player or what he is worth until you put him in there when it counts. I heard Ponder looked flawless in practice.

I'm not arguing with you....just voicing some of the frustration I have at what I see as this organization frittering away opportunities and talent based on what appears to me to be poor instincts. so, sorry for the rant

I kind of agree, but right now is not the time to throw a rookie in at QB who has been with the team for 2 weeks. Like I said in the first place Keenum didn't play terrible against the Steelers. We killed ourselves with stupid penalties and bad playcalling IMO.

Now, if Keenum plays this game and shows nothing then next week work Sloter with the ones and see what he can do. If nothing else next years draft is supposed to be one of the most QB heavy drafts ever.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Everyone saying put Sloter in, here is my question....

Are we in this to win games or are we here to see if we can find some miracle QB that we dug up off Denvers practice squad??

If Bradford is out for the year or most of the year and our season is in the tank, yeah you try Sloter then. Not when you're 1-1.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I'm feeling the same way. One thing he needs to do is step up into the pocket more but I am glad they ruled him out now and not 2 seconds before game time. Being home is a huge factor. I'm not ready to give up on Easton yet
Easton was garbage last game and has had 4 penalties called on him in 2 games. That is pretty bad.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

PFF has him ranked as the 65th guard in football