Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PsyDanny wrote:
So, tell us, where do we find one of them these days when it seems there are actually not enough high quality starters to go around?

And, just maybe, we already have one of those in Mr. Slow-Ride (Take it easy)! :rock:
haha great song. Honestly, I think it's mostly luck and having the chips fall the right way. It's not like the Rams signed Warner and said, "yeah this guy is going to be a hall of famer some day. Even though he was bagging groceries two weeks ago." He was nothing but a camp body at first. And of course Trent Green blows his knee out and Warner goes off. Nobody predicted that. Not a GM, coach, scout, player or fan. It was no different with Brady or any other backup. You cant predict it. I would love to see a stat on how many 5th-7th round QBs actually end up making an NFL team over the last 20 years.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Bradford saying it was a non-contact injury. That makes 2 starting QBs, in two years. Cursed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

As much as i hope Bradford plays this week, I would doubt that he will with as much damage as his knee has from previous injuries that the swelling and pain will allow him to move around.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxQYiYOd-qs&t=299s

I have to tell you I really hate secrecy the Vikings and Bradford are trying to keep about Bradford's injury. The dodging Bradford does about knowing when his body is well enough to play. MN Media is too stereo typically "Minnesota Nice". If this was the NY or Phil Media, they would have ripped Bradford and Zimmer a new one.

Someone should remind the Wilfs that the fans' money are the main generators of Vikings organization's salary. We have a right to know if our product has some issues.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

petev_sj wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxQYiYOd-qs&t=299s

I have to tell you I really hate secrecy the Vikings and Bradford are trying to keep about Bradford's injury. The dodging Bradford does about knowing when his body is well enough to play. MN Media is too stereo typically "Minnesota Nice". If this was the NY or Phil Media, they would have ripped Bradford and Zimmer a new one.

Someone should remind the Wilfs that the fans' money are the main generators of Vikings organization's salary. We have a right to know if our product has some issues.
They were discussing bone bruises on NFLN today and the injury is really a day to day thing. I think it comes down to how his knee will feel on Sunday.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I've been saying that for a week now. I'm not saying they should post the MRI slides but fans, who pay for the team essentially, have a right to know more.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

If you think you hate it, imagine how much an opposing coaching staff hates it when they have to game plan two different scenarios.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

mansquatch wrote: If you think you hate it, imagine how much an opposing coaching staff hates it when they have to game plan two different scenarios.
Squatch is on point again.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Demi wrote: Which is what this team has done for the last decade. Don't worry, the old guy can teach the new guy!

Just beware...a superior talent might not stand up for the national anthem!

Hahaha......you most certainly must be joking. CK= :puke: (standing or not)
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

autobon7 wrote:
+1
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

autobon7 wrote:

ck=chase keenum and colin kaepernick and it's true either way
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I don't think keeping your team afloat =/= going into Pitt and winning week two against a team that is "suppose" to make a superbowl run.

We were a couple of penalties away from it easily being a 16-20 score line. That's not bad.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

IrishViking wrote:I don't think keeping your team afloat =/= going into Pitt and winning week two against a team that is "suppose" to make a superbowl run.

We were a couple of penalties away from it easily being a 16-20 score line. That's not bad.
agreed...but those penalties were not on keenum. the offense scored 1 td. he was thrown into the fire on short notice against a physical team behind a shaky o-line. time will tell. hold your balls but not your breath.
the vikings aren't desperate yet...but as it stands they look to be pinning their qb hopes on one of two guys with bad knees.
in the meantime they have an extremely talented roster that can keep them in any game but very little room for error, until there is someone manning the helm who can put the ball in the endzone.

i'm curious to see how it unfolds....i love sam, but i really have doubts about his knee. i don't think TB is in sam's class as a qb, i like him too...but have even less confidence in his knee(s).

if it turns out neither can go...i 'd much rather see the rookie than keenum or kap or anyone, for that matter.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Nunin wrote: agreed...but those penalties were not on keenum. the offense scored 1 td. he was thrown into the fire on short notice against a physical team behind a shaky o-line. time will tell. hold your balls but not your breath.
the vikings aren't desperate yet...but as it stands they look to be pinning their qb hopes on one of two guys with bad knees.
in the meantime they have an extremely talented roster that can keep them in any game but very little room for error, until there is someone manning the helm who can put the ball in the endzone.

i'm curious to see how it unfolds....i love sam, but i really have doubts about his knee. i don't think TB is in sam's class as a qb, i like him too...but have even less confidence in his knee(s).

if it turns out neither can go...i 'd much rather see the rookie than keenum or kap or anyone, for that matter.
Good take. Agreed on all points.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

It's also entirely possible that Zimmer and co made a calculated bet that they lose a tough road game early in an effort to preserve Bradford's knee. We have to remember that we do not know as much as the Vikings do. Any conjecture is more WAG (Wild A-- Guess) than anything else.

Another perspective is that outside of probably ATL, the NFC is again a total dumpster fire. Dallas got completely man-handled my the Broncos (which was predicable, they played a cream puff schedule last year.) and now Elliot's off the field issues are about to spin out of control. ARI so far has played far below expectations. SEA is basically the 2016 Vikings, but with worse skill position players. Green Bay is again a one man show, but with a worse OL.

Patience my friends. There is still plenty of opportunity this season. If you want to get mad about something, get mad about the fact that the NFC has been prime for the taking the last two seasons and the injury bug has prevented our roster from capitalizing. THAT sucks.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi