All in for X

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: All in for X

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote:
Sign a Qb who can get yards...even if he kneels for the national anthem? :confused:
Kaepernicks stat line vs Arizona two years ago: 9 for 19 for 67 yards, 0 TDs and 4 INTS (2 being returned for pick 6's). Arguably the worst QB performance in NFL history

^Thats your brilliant idea for a backup QB? :lol: Yeah a guy that can "get yards", doesnt respect this country and would bring nothing but a giant media frenzy to this team. Yeah great alternative.

I can bet all the money I have that Keenum never once had a game that pathetic and pitiful. No less he's a good teammate and doesnt strive for media attention

It literally makes me laugh out loud that after all this backup QB complaining you've done, your alternative is Colin fricken Kaepernick :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Andrew Luck?? Not a chance I ever trade for him. You think Bradford is injury prone? Luck is even worse
Yeah he's certainly injury prone playing behind the Colts OL. I suppose if being tee'd up for the defense to rail on him as hard as they can multiple times every game he's injury prone... With the OL the Cotls have, he's lucky he doesn't be have to be scraped off the field and taken to the morgue and cremated, terrible management by the Colts to not give him any guys capable of protection,

If he has an OL that can protect him, I don't think he's injury prone... or at least significantly less so. His willingness (or requirement) to roll out when a play breaks down and throw on the run while a defender is closing in on him to hit him certainly is a playing style that lends itself to more injuries, but it's hard to say whether or not that would be the case if he had a pocket to step up into.
Last edited by mike2mike on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Kaepernicks stat line vs Arizona two years ago: 9 for 19 for 67 yards, 0 TDs and 4 INTS (2 being returned for pick 6's). Arguably the worst QB performance in NFL history

^Thats your brilliant idea for a backup QB? :lol: Yeah a guy that can "get yards", doesnt respect this country and would bring nothing but a giant media frenzy to this team. Yeah great alternative.

I can bet all the money I have that Keenum never once had a game that pathetic and pitiful. No less he's a good teammate and doesnt strive for media attention

It literally makes me laugh out loud that after all this backup QB complaining you've done, your alternative is Colin fricken Kaepernick :lol:
Yeah, I'd take RG3 before Kaep anyways and neither fit today's NFL. They were both great to have when the read option worked.. I wouldn't mind trying RG3 with some run pass options from spread formation. There are perhaps some possible variations of that that involve the QB running.
I honestly think Kaep wouldn't have even played his last year at his overpriced contract if he hadn't taken a knee in the liberal state of California where they were afraid to make any changes that may lose fans one way or another. They ultimately got a new GM so they could sell "going a different direction" but judging from the number of fans in Thursday they still have problems. Kaep sort of outsmarted the NFL in that regard in getting a few extra million at the expense of the remainder of his career, but he must believe in what he did since he hasn't offered to change his opinion. He shouldn't be too surprised that he isn't getting a call now especially without him willing to change his position on kneeling.

If a team gives him a chance, good for them he may be better than some backups, but he isn't really good enough to be worth the potentially divisive locker room as a result, especially at this point when it would be pretty late for him to learn the offense