Week 2 reaction thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Week 2 reaction thread

Post by dead_poet »

Not a lot went right.

Tons of penalties. Lots of big gains given up on defense. Offensive line was terrible.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Week 2 reaction thread

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Put this one behind us. Hopefully Bradford's knee gets better.

The oline did seem sub par today especially with run blocking.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I'm not going to put much of this game on the OL. There were so many drop backs where Keenum just kept going backwards and not stepping up into the pocket so Pitts DEs were just rushing way outside to where our tackles couldn't reach them. That should be easy if we had a QB that would step up into the pocket
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The OL was decent considering who they were playing. Keenum panicked too quickly and didn't help his OL out.
When Keenum didn't panic and stepped up on the pocket, he looked ok. The worst part about the game was the stupid penalties. The PIs and dumb offsides were high school level.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I agree. I just think the run blocking could've been a little better. Keenum didn't look at ease when he dropped back to pass in some plays. The penalties, even though I thought some were bad calls, hurt us a lot.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Dmizzle0 wrote:I agree. I just think the run blocking could've been a little better. Keenum didn't look at ease when he dropped back to pass in some plays. The penalties, even though I thought some were bad calls, hurt us a lot.
The one on Diggs was bad, but the rest were legit, Imo...

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Yeah the penalties were ridiculous. I mean our defense pretty much shut them down the entire second half. I won't blame the refs but some calls were awful. Diggs' PI was a horrendous call. There were a few others.

I mean Bradfords accuracy is so good he would've kept a lot of drives alive. Keenum was spraying it all over. Zim did say in his presser that Bradfords knee is non-surgical which is good news. I would hope to god he starts vs Tampa. I'm flying to Minnesota and would throw up if Keenum has to start again
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Yikes both of GBs OTs are inactive tonight. Rodgers might be running for his life. Let's go falcons!!
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Last week we won against a bad team, this week we lost a good team. Too many mistakes and the penalties were extended drives. If Sam played today he would probably be out for the season with our Oline. Maybe he will be out for the season anyway with that damn knee. What a bummer.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Yikes both of GBs OTs are inactive tonight. Rodgers might be running for his life. Let's go falcons!!
Yea but hes still accurate on the run :(
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Yea but hes still accurate on the run :(
Hes a great QB, as was Favre. Thats why who they are who they are over the past 20 years. And why we are who we are.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Last week we won against a bad team, this week we lost a good team. Too many mistakes and the penalties were extended drives. If Sam played today he would probably be out for the season with our Oline. Maybe he will be out for the season anyway with that damn knee. What a bummer.
God, I hope not.

If he's out for any length of time, we have no chance of making the playoffs. Case Keenum was nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

so i asked on the 'bradford knee' thread....if bradford is really hurt and looks to miss significant time.....do you sign kaepernick
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Last week we won against a bad team, this week we lost a good team. Too many mistakes and the penalties were extended drives. If Sam played today he would probably be out for the season with our Oline. Maybe he will be out for the season anyway with that damn knee. What a bummer.
Again, the line isn't at fault when Keenum is taking 15 step drops. New Orleans is an average team. Good offense bad defense. A bad team would be the Jets. The saints aren't the jets. Not even remotely close. Mansquatch did call it tho, when we lose, all hell breaks lose and the season is over. Moving on to next week.....
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Nunin wrote:so i asked on the 'bradford knee' thread....if bradford is really hurt and looks to miss significant time.....do you sign kaepernick
No
-Chazz Palminteri