Vikings-Steelers Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings-Steelers Game Thread

Post by soflavike »

allday1991 wrote:
Lol yes cause the 1991 in my name doesn't give that away. Either way I just want the Vikings to win, I don't care about what a former great is doing in new orleans or how bad other teams in our division our doing (when they weren't supposed to do anything anyways). I just want to see a winning vikings team. Clearly I haven't been a viking fan long as most here but I can't see why anyone would be happy with this franchises history, the point is to win Superbowl right?
Well, you see the Bears are a division rival, so I find it pretty relevant to see how other teams in the division are doing. If you don't find that important, move on... you didn't pay for it. It's free to read and free to ignore.

As for the Peterson comment, again... if you don't care, move on. It's not hard.

This is supposed to be a friendly place, let's try to keep it that way.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: He didn't show any sign. I thought he played well
No, I agree I thought he played well. But he looked like he wasn't running at full speed on that series and with a bum hamstring and the game pretty much sealed, I would have pull him. It's a long season and we'll need him.
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

AP had 7 caries for 27 yards and got only one more carry for his trademark 1 yard loss... so there's that I guess.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I think it would have been a much closer game if Bradford played . Hopefully he can recover and get some practice in this week. Impressive win by the Bucs
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

soflavike wrote: Well, you see the Bears are a division rival, so I find it pretty relevant to see how other teams in the division are doing. If you don't find that important, move on... you didn't pay for it. It's free to read and free to ignore.

As for the Peterson comment, again... if you don't care, move on. It's not hard.

This is supposed to be a friendly place, let's try to keep it that way.
I've been on this forum long enough to know its temperaments. Nothing I said was unfriendly, I never told you to stop posting I just said I find those subjects irrelevant to a game day thread. What's it matter what our division rivals are doing if we aren't winning? I don't think Zimmer told the Vikings mid game its ok cause the bears are getting slaughter to. Good teams win bad teams lose and hope for other teams to lose to. Its nothing personal towards you or what you choose to talk about but I just feel differently about it.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

damn quiet around here..... :ripple:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote:I think it would have been a much closer game if Bradford played . Hopefully he can recover and get some practice in this week. Impressive win by the Bucs
Keenum didn't play bad, but the penalties were killers, imo.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote: Missing Boone.
Always have Sirles he didn't look bad when Boone was out last year.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I think they need to stick with the lineup as is. Part of the problem was they took so long to figure out starters they literally had no offseason work as a unit.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

definitely will take time for this unit to gel. too bad the steelers were their week 2 opponent with a backup qb, but that may soon pay dividends down the road.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:I think they need to stick with the lineup as is. Part of the problem was they took so long to figure out starters they literally had no offseason work as a unit.
I agree. The Steelers have a good front 4 but they only recorded 2 sacks which is surprising. Keenum looked slow getting the ball out.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Nunin wrote:damn quiet around here..... :ripple:
Most posters leave the game thread after the game is over. Comments after the game are usually in another thread.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purple Reign wrote: Most posters leave the game thread after the game is over. Comments after the game are usually in another thread.
Yeah, and that game was just ... boring. The offense is impotent without Bradford. I turned it off midway through the 4th quarter.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Purple Reign wrote: Most posters leave the game thread after the game is over. Comments after the game are usually in another thread.
it's quiet in that thread too.

honestly it was a facetious remark.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The OL wasn't horrible, although Remmers (I think) got beat pretty bad a couple. Of times. The second hold call against Easton was weak, imo, I saw worse from Pitt not called.
Overall the penalties were what did us in. We extended at least two off their drives with them.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018