Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Bradfords knee??

Post by autobon7 »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ee-injury/

Sam Bradford was limited in practice with a knee injury

Posted by Mike Florio on September 13, 2017, 9:25 PM EDT

As Vikings fans continue to bask in the afterglow of the best game of quarterback Sam Bradford‘s career, here’s a splash of cold water: Bradford was limited in practice on Wednesday with a knee injury.

The injury report doesn’t specify whether it’s a left or right knee injury. He torn the ACL in his left knee in 2013 and again in 2014.

Less than 48 hours removed from Monday night’s masterpiece, it’s hard at this point to reach any conclusions regarding whether Bradford will or won’t play when the Vikings travel to Pittsburgh on Sunday. If for some reason he can’t play, it will be the Case Keenum show.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by IrishViking »

I am gonna go with sore. If I was Zimmer I'd hold Bradford out of practice if he said he SAW someone with a knee injury on his way into work.
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

Did he injure it celebrating too hard after one of his TD passes?
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

Fake news, not because its phony but because it doesn't rise to the level of being newsworthy. If he couldn't practice I'd be concerned. Being limited means he's sore, a fairly common thing for NFL players after an NFL game, so they want to give him time to heal. I'll start worrying if he is still limited Friday. This is about as newsworthy as the Dow being down 12 points at noon.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Purple Martin wrote:Fake news, not because its phony but because it doesn't rise to the level of being newsworthy. If he couldn't practice I'd be concerned. Being limited means he's sore, a fairly common thing for NFL players after an NFL game, so they want to give him time to heal. I'll start worrying if he is still limited Friday. This is about as newsworthy as the Dow being down 12 points at noon.

Not fake news as he had a mri today and Keenum and wide receiver Adam Thielen were seen getting extra work in after practice Friday afternoon according to espn.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Was it during practice? He didn't seem to be limping in the game.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

S197 wrote:Was it during practice? He didn't seem to be limping in the game.
As a result of the game but maybe didn't rear it's ugly head until tuesday
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Trying to remain calm lol. I'd rather him sit this week than make it worse. I don't think the odds of winning are really great anyways.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
A report of Sloter moved to the 53-man. Definite concern with Bradford's left knee. #Vikings twitter.com/milesmgarrett/…
10:48 AM - 16 Sep 2017

Is it because of Bradford's knee or is someone trying to steal him off the PS?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote:Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
A report of Sloter moved to the 53-man. Definite concern with Bradford's left knee. #Vikings twitter.com/milesmgarrett/…
10:48 AM - 16 Sep 2017

Is it because of Bradford's knee or is someone trying to steal him off the PS?
Gotta believe it's the knee. Ugh.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

At least the Vikings #2 is Keenum. Rather have him than Kenickie or Hill.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Eric Thompson
@eric_j_thompson
13m
Not hearing great things about Barr's status for tomorrow. If he can't go it will be interesting to see what the #Vikings do . Lamur has been nursing a hamstring too.

Have a great game with no reported injuries and we could be down 2 starters...go figure.
germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

Seriously? Sigh! Well at least we got a win at home on Monday Night Football. I'm so tired of being a viking fan. Get all excited after a win like that only to be totally deflated a week later.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

The Vikings activated the quarterback on the practice squad to the 53 today. Maybe Bradford's knee is more serious than thought
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Dr David J. Chao, MD‏Verified account @profootballdoc 2h2 hours ago

With vikings promotion of 3rd QB,
hope this calms some fears.
Issue more accuracy than if #Bradford plays.

Bradford swelling is normal but not entirely unconcerning
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo ... story.html

Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford was limited in practice all week, had an MRI on Tuesday (which was negative) and is listed as “questionable” for Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

This is an unfortunate follow-up to his widely lauded performance in the season opener.

It is probably nothing more than that, however. At least that can be our hope for now.

Bradford will likely play Sunday. The question – Sunday and as the season progresses – is how effective he will be.

Even in this video from practice, on a light toss, he doesn’t step into throw and shift weight on to left knee.

If an inability to step into throws occurs in games, accuracy will be an issue. Pocket awareness also comes into play if a quarterback is thinking about his lead leg.

However, it is common to have associated meniscus or articular cartilage damage after two ACL surgeries, and that is what the MRI was for.

It is also not unusual to have some residual swelling.

We can easily hope that is the case and nothing more

Review of Monday’s game film did not show a play with injury, and the assumption is these precautions by the Vikings were just an early-season accommodation to swelling soreness.

Read more: http://minnesotavikingsnation.com/threa ... z4stXLxAdM