This cannot happen!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: This cannot happen!

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I like Exum, hope he makes the team. Is he any good at special teams? He looks physical
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I like Exum, hope he makes the team. Is he any good at special teams? He looks physical
Tough to say as he's been hurt a lot. Man he was throwing some punches though, I thought it was just a little pushing and shoving. That was a nice route by Treadwell, not sure what made Exum so upset other than clearly getting beaten.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: Tough to say as he's been hurt a lot. Man he was throwing some punches though, I thought it was just a little pushing and shoving. That was a nice route by Treadwell, not sure what made Exum so upset other than clearly getting beaten.
Treadwell celebrated a bit on the ground. I mean, nothing that seemed to warrant that reaction but there's a good to great chance the two were probably exchanging pleasantries across from each other for most of the day prior and Exum was probably upset he got beat.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: Treadwell celebrated a bit on the ground. I mean, nothing that seemed to warrant that reaction but there's a good to great chance the two were probably exchanging pleasantries across from each other for most of the day prior and Exum was probably upset he got beat.
Sounds like there's no hard feelings so that's good but Exum's going to need to control that temper. He'd for sure get thrown out if that was a game. Glad to see his passion and competitiveness but he needs to know where the line is.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The only two years I felt we should won were
2009 and 1998 .

Imo we have a small chance because of our
Depth on defense and easy schedule (supposedly )

Our offense will have to be much better and consistent
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

Exactly the kind of opening to the season I was hoping for.

If this team can keep up this level of enthusiasm, skill, and fight I think they'll start believing that a home Superbowl can be a reality.

For those who attended the game last night - Bravo for doing your duty and putting up a great effort as fans. You made a significant impression on Cook (as evidenced by his comments in his post-game locker room interview) and I believe you threw off NO's mojo. Try to motivate those who continue to sit there like lumps on logs. You can see on TV there's plenty of slackers sitting around looking disinterested. :spanking: We're going to need every decibel with each coming game :beerock: :appl:

On to Pittsburgh and another win! :govikes:

SKOL!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I stood 90% of the time and lost my voice. I'll never understand people paying all that money to sit there.

The crowd for the most part is good though. The skol chant was better this year but some people simply have no rhythm lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:I stood 90% of the time and lost my voice. I'll never understand people paying all that money to sit there.

The crowd for the most part is good though. The skol chant was better this year but some people simply have no rhythm lol

Haha. What is different about the chant?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote:I stood 90% of the time and lost my voice. I'll never understand people paying all that money to sit there.
You're young, aren't you? :lol:

Seriously, I'll stand as much as I need to. But if everybody around me sits for a minute, my tired old butt is down. Like ... during TV timeouts, stuff like that.

It's funny ... at home, I never sit. Can't. Wear out a path pacing the living room carpet. And with all the yelling I do, I'm guessing the neighbors think I'm abusing my wife.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: You're young, aren't you? [emoji38]

Seriously, I'll stand as much as I need to. But if everybody around me sits for a minute, my tired old butt is down. Like ... during TV timeouts, stuff like that.

It's funny ... at home, I never sit. Can't. Wear out a path pacing the living room carpet. And with all the yelling I do, I'm guessing the neighbors think I'm abusing my wife.
Lol. When I had both of my dogs (down to one now), they hated football season. There were games there they wouldn't even take a treat from me after.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: You're young, aren't you? :lol:

This couldnt be more accurate on my end as well. I even get to the point where I am obnoxiously superstitious. Like if my phone is in my right pocket and the opposing team scores, I'll switch it to my left pocket hahaha. Little things like that I'm terrible with and I dont know why. I've switched jerseys during games too if we arent playing well. But yeah, I pace back and forth terrible
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I'm pretty mellow. Usually just lounge and watch the game quietly unless something really good, really bad or really stupid happens. The wiff is usually more emotional than i am. But we were both dead silent after the Blair Walsh miss....

Was at the game this week and I was also on my feet most of the time (probably not 90%) hooting and holaring, jumping around. But i felt like i had to make up for the last game i went to when i tweaked my back at work that day. (Dallas game last year).
Formerly AADPFan
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: You're young, aren't you? [emoji38]

Oh yeah I sit through timeouts and stuff. 90% during the action.

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Haha. What is different about the chant?

Nothing different just people more on beat than the first game last year. Still a really cool thing to see/do. Wish they'd do it more than twice a game.

Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

I've only been to two Vikings games in MN - Oct 26, 2003 (loss to the Giants after starting 6-0), and the home opener against the Packers last year. I'm 52 and will stand until told to sit down. Last year I was standing against the railing directly behind the cross bar until mid-way into the 2nd Qrtr when a stadium official told me I had to sit down because there were "complaints". The complaints were probably from the NFL saying the nut slamming beers, yelling and swinging his SKOL towel might fall over the railing on TV. :thumbsup:

It took 3 days for my voice to come back (almost to normal). :beerock: :govikes:

Keep rocking that place guys and you'll keep the team fired up. :appl: :smilevike: :rock:

BTW - how the hell do you post pics on this Forum?