2016 NFL Season General NFL Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: 2016 NFL Season General NFL Thread

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Hopefully not. Fox and Zimmer are clearly the best coaches in the NFC North. I'd love to see the Bears panick and hire a dud like Caldwell or McCarthy.
McCarthy won a SB with 15 starters on IR, the QB he was brought in to develop has become the best in the league under his guidance, the Packers since McCarthys hiring have been the 2nd most accomplished team in the league, right after the Pats. (Not counting the enigna that is the Giants)

Anyone who thinks he is a 'Dud' doesnt know much about football.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

[Quote/] Fiestavike

I think they've had the talent to do considerably better than that, especially against weak opposition. For example, they got 60+ games against what were mostly lousy Lions, Bears, and Vikings teams in that stretch.[/quote]

By the numbers the NFC North hasnt been that shabby over McCarthys tenure, or is this another one of those times where the numbers are wrong and dont know what they are talking about but you do? ;)
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Bit surprising, we'll see what they say in the press conference
Darren Urban
.@AZCardinals have cut WR Michael Floyd. Coach Bruce Arians about to address the media at the end of today’s practice.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Patriots have claimed Floyd off waivers.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I don't know where to put this.

Jeff Ratcliffe‏ @JeffRatcliffe

Peak ages by position on a yards per basis over last 10 yrs:

RB: 24
QB: 33
WR: 26
TE: 29
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

I think you guys will like this one! SSF’s Very Not Top Ten Coaches: Jim Caldwell. I wanted to fit a few coaches into one post, but my passion took over.
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.