2016 NFL Season General NFL Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

SP1966
Franchise Player

Re: 2016 NFL Season General NFL Thread

Post by SP1966 »

Rodgers looking pretty terrible tonight vs. the Giants. It's crazy how far he's fallen since the early part of last season, I don't think he's put together one complete good game.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

He's had all day to pass too. Would be great if the Giants can pull this out but looks doubtful.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Ravens fired OC Marc Trestman
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I can't say I'm surprised SD won yesterday as they're better than their record shows but when Denver recovered that onside it was like, oh wow it's going to happen again!

Also, have I mentioned how much I hate Nike and the stupid color rush? I know I have but seriously WTF with the all orange and blue. I thought one team was supposed to be white for the color blind folk?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:I can't say I'm surprised SD won yesterday as they're better than their record shows but when Denver recovered that onside it was like, oh wow it's going to happen again!

Also, have I mentioned how much I hate Nike and the stupid color rush? I know I have but seriously WTF with the all orange and blue. I thought one team was supposed to be white for the color blind folk?

I thought so too but I don't think orange and blue are colors that are typically difficult for the color blind to distinguish from one another. I may be wrong about that...

There may also be enough contrast between the colors worn in that game that the league felt they could go with full color for both teams instead of just one.

I hate the whole "color rush" promotion. I'm not looking forward to watching the Vikes play in purple pajamas but at least Dallas is supposed to be wearing white that night so our senses won't be assaulted by quite as much color.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote:
I thought so too but I don't think orange and blue are colors that are typically difficult for the color blind to distinguish from one another. I may be wrong about that...

There may also be enough contrast between the colors worn in that game that the league felt they could go with full color for both teams instead of just one.

I hate the whole "color rush" promotion. I'm not looking forward to watching the Vikes play in purple pajamas but at least Dallas is supposed to be wearing white that night so our senses won't be assaulted by quite as much color.
I think it was red and green that caused issues last time. I don't know much about color blindness so perhaps orange/blue is fine but even my eyes felt assaulted. Luckily, the Vikings will be all purple with gold numbers rather than all gold with purple numbers. That's a win, I guess?
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Man the Steelers got thumped by Miami
???? Very shocking
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Packers fans are booing in Green Bay
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I'm not going to lie, watching the Packers with Ponder at QB feels pretty satisfying.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

124-50

That's the combined score of the Buffalo Bills last 4 games, all double-digit wins for the Bills. There's something going on with that team worth watching.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote:124-50

That's the combined score of the Buffalo Bills last 4 games, all double-digit wins for the Bills. There's something going on with that team worth watching.
Shady (McCoy)
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I'm not going to lie, watching the Packers with Ponder at QB feels pretty satisfying.
agreed .. Honestly I think Rodgers is a very good QB and cool guy overall in real life, but I have to
wish him awful luck as a packer...
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote: agreed .. Honestly I think Rodgers is a very good QB and cool guy overall in real life, but I have to
wish him awful luck as a packer...
I've even seen him compared to Manziel in his same number of starts compared to Rodgers' last X starts and they're nearly identical. And GB has one of THE BEST o-lines in the league. It's a mystery...albiet a satisfying one.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: I've even seen him compared to Manziel in his same number of starts compared to Rodgers' last X starts and they're nearly identical. And GB has one of THE BEST o-lines in the league. It's a mystery...albiet a satisfying one.
I wonder if he is hurt, or simply losing interest in the game. It is so odd seeing him struggle for so long. Maybe he and McCarthy are not getting along behind closed doors?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: I've even seen him compared to Manziel in his same number of starts compared to Rodgers' last X starts and they're nearly identical. And GB has one of THE BEST o-lines in the league. It's a mystery...albiet a satisfying one.
I think his personal life is a mess. Isn't he supposed to be estranged from his whole family? I thought he looked exhausted all last year.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins