2016 NFL Season General NFL Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2016 NFL Season General NFL Thread

Post by dead_poet »

49ers signed Ponder
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Bruce Arians - C - Cardinals

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians was taken to the hospital ahead of Tuesday's practice after he complained of stomach pain.

A prostate cancer survivor, Arians, 63, has been a model of good health since becoming the Cardinals' head man over three years ago. It doesn't sound like anything too serious for Arians, but he's being evaluated in San Diego with the Cardinals in town for joint practices with the Chargers. We'll provide updates as they come, but hopefully this is just a day-to-day thing.
Source: Mark Dalton on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The bills have had a rough week topped off the their DT getting suspended for four games..

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1731 ... suspension
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:The bills have had a rough week topped off the their DT getting suspended for four games..

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1731 ... suspension
They've had a brutal offseason. Feeling a little like the 2015 Ravens.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Yeah and Rex is on the hot seat this year too. All them injuries to key players won't help.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I hope Arians is okay.

I have to say, after watching 'All or Nothing' I would not want to play for the guy. I'm sure he's a great tactician but I'm not a fan. Hopefully its nothing serious though.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Coach Arians update: he was released from hospital this am, has rejoined team at hotel in San Diego where he is currently resting
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The Bears will be our main rival very soon.. They added a pro bowl Guard and extended the other pro bowl guard
this week. They fixed a lot of their defense this off season. I think they might have pulled the plug to early on
their offensive weapons...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

jackal wrote:The Bears will be our main rival very soon.. They added a pro bowl Guard and extended the other pro bowl guard
this week. They fixed a lot of their defense this off season. I think they might have pulled the plug to early on
their offensive weapons...

I do expect that team to rise fairly quickly. That's been Fox's track record elsewhere.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I do expect that team to rise fairly quickly. That's been Fox's track record elsewhere.
the only thing I might question is getting rid of the two best offensive players WR and RB
before the Round one draft pick has proven himself. White was out all last season and the other
star wide out does not want to play there anymore because of pay issues and the Franchise Tag.

From the outside looking in they seem to handle things wrong...(much like the GM in San Diego
did who fought tooth and nail with Marty Ball.) Kansas City had that issue with the GM that
traded Jarad Allen to us...The General Manager making negative comments about Jarad Allen's
character and intelligence after his DUI issues.

Don't get wrong I would do a few things differently than Spielman. The way he handled the Percy Harvin
was beautiful. Not telling everyone about the disruptive behavior. Getting a third and First round pick
from the Seachickens... Sticking with Patterson and Kalil (imo just being proud and not wanting to
admit they were mistakes or bad picks) I mean Kail has been garbage since his second year and we are locked
into 11 million a year or more for a guy that can move 7 yards shuffling his feet at an angle....
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:The Bears will be our main rival very soon..
Maybe if you intend on duking it out with them for 2nd and 3rd place in the division every year.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote: Maybe if you intend on duking it out with them for 2nd and 3rd place in the division every year.
Nothing lasts forever, my friend! The Packers run of dominance in the division won't either.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: Nothing lasts forever, my friend! The Packers run of dominance in the division won't either.

Wait a minute... I was just reading you in the guise of "devil's advocate" singing a different tune! :lol:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote: Nothing lasts forever, my friend! The Packers run of dominance in the division won't either.
It will last as long as the Packers keep being far and away the best manager of the QB position in the division.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:It will last as long as the Packers keep being far and away the best manager of the QB position in the division.
... and that won't last forever (thank goodness).