Week 1 Predictions: Saints @ Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

What do you predict?

Vikings win
83%
Saints win
17%

Total votes: 12

MusicCityViking
Backup

Week 1 Predictions: Saints @ Vikings

Post by MusicCityViking »

The Vikings kick off their 2017-18 season with a Monday night clash against Adrian Peterson and the New Orleans Saints. Vote on the poll and reply with your score prediction for tonight's game! :smilevike:

Point Spread: -3.0 (Vikings)
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Week 1 Predictions: Saints @ Vikings

Post by autobon7 »

I voted win.....28-21. Our new look OL will play decent and will have a couple youngsters step up tonight. :clap:
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

I'll make it simple...
The Vikes defense will feel and smell similar to the beginning of last season and hold the Saints and AP to a few big plays, but nothing menacing produced by the black and gold.

The Vikes offense will get into the 20s, and with luck, the Red Zone won't be an issue.

Vikes--24
Saints--13

Start the season at 1-0.

...wisdom ?
...spirits in the wind and the trees
AsylumGuido
Starter

Post by AsylumGuido »

indianation65 wrote:I'll make it simple...
The Vikes defense will feel and smell similar to the beginning of last season and hold the Saints and AP to a few big plays, but nothing menacing produced by the black and gold.

The Vikes offense will get into the 20s, and with luck, the Red Zone won't be an issue.

Vikes--24
Saints--13

Start the season at 1-0.

...wisdom ?
It's not Peterson that you be worried about. Mark Ingram is one of the best RB's in the league and rookie RB Alvin Kamara is explosive and will be very involved as the Joker back that Sean Payton hasn't had since Darren Sproles and Reggie Bush. He runs the route tree as clean as any WR in the league and is extremely allusive in the open field.
Saints Fan Since 1967
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

59 yr old lifelong Vikings fan here: For the last month I've been very wary of this game. The pre-season only made my nervousness grow worse. I wish I could say I believe the Vikes prevail tonight, but my gut tells me otherwise. I see the Vikes struggling to get more than 20 points and that won't cut it against the Saints. Hopefully I'm just being a scaredycat, but I see Saints 27-21. Tight game midway through the 4th with one of those flukey plays (like when Russell Wilson scrambled for the ball over his head and threw 45 yards downfield) costing us the win.
AsylumGuido
Starter

Post by AsylumGuido »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote:59 yr old lifelong Vikings fan here: For the last month I've been very wary of this game. The pre-season only made my nervousness grow worse. I wish I could say I believe the Vikes prevail tonight, but my gut tells me otherwise. I see the Vikes struggling to get more than 20 points and that won't cut it against the Saints. Hopefully I'm just being a scaredycat, but I see Saints 27-21. Tight game midway through the 4th with one of those flukey plays (like when Russell Wilson scrambled for the ball over his head and threw 45 yards downfield) costing us the win.
I respect lifetime fans. I just turned 60 and have been a fan of my Saints since the Summer of 1967, their first year. I am actually expecting the Saints' defense to be the difference in the game. The offense has been a top two or three defense for the past decade and there is nothing I can see which will change that this year. But, with all of the changes made to the defense (reponnel and coaching) it doesn't look anything like the dismal product I have seen for the past three years.
Saints Fan Since 1967
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

34-17 Vikings
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

close GAME saints 21-17