New Vikings practice-squad QB: Kyle Sloter

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rieux
Franchise Player

New Vikings practice-squad QB: Kyle Sloter

Post by Rieux »

One mildly surprising recent signing to fill out the Vikings' practice squad is former University of Northern Colorado QB Kyle Sloter (pronounced SLOW-ter, not "slaughter"), who had just been cut by the Broncos. He's got a heck of a story, and it's interesting that the Vikings appear to have agreed to pay him almost three times the standard practice-squad salary in order to outbid Denver and Washington for his services.

Looking at his preseason highlights, it's not hard to understand why the Vikings jumped at the chance to sign Sloter rather than Tyler Heinecke (who remains on the team via injured reserve in any case), Mitch Leidner, or another recent "camp arm" cut—he's got plenty of arm and good accuracy. By practice-squad standards, this guy looks terrific, and rumor has it that Broncos fans are not happy that the team jettisoned him in order to bring in (of all people) Brock Osweiler.

I'm hoping Sloter plays his way onto the 53-man roster sometime soon. Hopefully he can make some nice scout-team throws to Cayleb Jones and Kyle Carter.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: New Vikings practice-squad QB: Kyle Sloter

Post by Maelstrom88 »

The Broncos are my second team but I haven't watched any of their preseason lol. I can confirm Broncos fans aren't happy about losing him though.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Is Osweiler back on the Broncos?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Hey why not, they no longer have to deal with his obnoxious contract.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Is Osweiler back on the Broncos?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yep
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly