2017 Roster Cuts Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

2017 Roster Cuts Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Cut:

-TJ Clemmings
-Jabari Price
-MoBo
-Tre Roberson
-TE Price
-LB Davis
-CB Sam Brown
-Will Sutton
-Shaan Washington
-Sam McCaskill
-Freddie Tagaloa
-Chunky Clements
-Marshall Koehn
-Mitch Leidner
-Isaac Fruechte
-Reid Fragel
-RJ Shelton
-Nick Truesdell
-Reid Fragel
-Elijah Lee
-Bronson Hill
-Dylan Bradley
-Horace Richardson
-Zac Kerin
-Jack Tocho
-Taylor Heinicke
-Terrell Sinkfield
-Alex Boone
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2017 Roster Cuts Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Post here and I'll update the first post.

Keep track here as well: http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2017/09/ ... ref=tw&m=1
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Tavern_Wino
Practice Squad

Post by Tavern_Wino »

The defensive line depth is a lengthy one. Hard to make that cut. I thought Will Sutton would have a chance to get in the rotation. He will lock on with someone else I'm sure.
Boomer Sooner
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Price was awful this preseason. I am worried about Alexander... He may make the team but will he be active much?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Price was awful this preseason. I am worried about Alexander... He may make the team but will he be active much?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yes. He was going to start at nickel corner until they signed Brock. Now not sure.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote:Cut:

-TJ Clemmings
-Jabari Price
-MoBo
-Tre Roberson
-TE Price
-LB Davis
-CB Sam Brown
-Will Sutton
-Shaan Washington
-Sam McCaskill
-Freddie Tagaloa
-Chunky Clements
RIP the Legend of MoBo! :beerock:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Kai wins the kicker competition. Koehn cut.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson Taylor Heinicke on injured reserve If there's injury settlement then can't come back at least three weeks But would have to clear waivers.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Datone Jones - DL - Vikings
Vikings placed DE Datone Jones on injured reserve with a shoulder injury, ending his season.

Jones was the 26th pick in the 2013 draft by the Packers. He flopped in Green Bay and signed with the Vikings in March. Jones may get an injury settlement at some point this fall once he gets healthy enough to play.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Love when guys like Bower make it. Good for him. He looked good.
@christomasson Vikings four DTs will be Linval Joseph, Tom Johnson, Shamar Stephen, rookie Jaleel Johnson. 5 ends Griffen, Hunter, BRob, Weatherly, Bower
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib
2m
Sources say the Vikings are releasing Alex Boone.
View details ·

Wow that's a shocker.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

halfgiz wrote:Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib
2m
Sources say the Vikings are releasing Alex Boone.
View details ·

Wow that's a shocker.
Yeah I thought we'd hold onto him at least one more year. I've always said I was high on Easton. Many didn't agree but obviously the coaches saw something they like
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Can't wait to see the " Boone is a failure and Spielman doesn't know what he's doing comments" :roll:

So before that happens, I'll say, Boone was a pro bowler and still playing at a very high level when we signed him. It didn't work out here, injuries hit him, could've been blocking scheme. Either way, it wasn't a bad signing initially. Just didn't work out
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Can't wait to see the " Boone is a failure and Spielman doesn't know what he's doing comments" :roll:

So before that happens, I'll say, Boone was a pro bowler and still playing at a very high level when we signed him. It didn't work out here, injuries hit him, could've been blocking scheme. Either way, it wasn't a bad signing initially. Just didn't work out
I don't know what we excepted when we signed him tbh. His best years he was playing on a beast o-line and of the 3 big names was arguable the worst of the 3. When he has a good line he can do his part (kind of), if you want him to be your best player and lead the line your in trouble.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Interesting about Boone. Wonder if we go Easton at LG (probably) or Berger at LG and Isidora at RG. Lineup looked better with Easton at LG tbh. Boone looked a bit injured.

Per Hasan, Greco on the market as well.