View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread 
Career Elite Player

Post Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread
Jaguars cut Audie Cole five months after signing him

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:30 pm
Commissioner

Colts cut Locke

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:28 am
Career Elite Player

808vikingsfan wrote:

Audie Cole signed with the Saints on Monday

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:25 pm
Career Elite Player

Broncos looking to trade TJ Ward or else he'll be cut. Vikings should get on that. Preferably signing him if he's cut.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:02 pm
Fenrir

Asiata cut by Lions

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:12 pm
Commissioner

808vikingsfan wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:

They just cut him

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:08 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:

They just cut him
I feel bad for him but felt he was very overrated. He will probably get a job with someone, if not now maybe in mid-season.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player

Arif Hasan
@ArifHasanNFL
21s
New @ZoneCoverageMN -> REPORT: Minnesota Vikings Trade Seventh-Round Pick for CB Tramaine Brock zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/r…

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:31 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote:
Arif Hasan
@ArifHasanNFL
21s
New @ZoneCoverageMN -> REPORT: Minnesota Vikings Trade Seventh-Round Pick for CB Tramaine Brock zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/r…

I love the trade. Needed some depth at corner. I said that earlier in the offseason. Solid acquisition

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:35 pm
Commissioner

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
Arif Hasan
@ArifHasanNFL
21s

I love the trade. Needed some depth at corner. I said that earlier in the offseason. Solid acquisition

PFF's #16 rated corner last year. Can he play the slot or is he an outside guy?

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Commissioner

http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/re ... ine-brock/

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:21 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I'm thinking he is going to play the slot. I think Alexander is better suited for the outside.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:22 pm
Starter

Love the trade. Now if they can just get the run d sorted out.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:23 pm
Commissioner

halfgiz wrote:
I'm thinking he is going to play the slot. I think Alexander is better suited for the outside.

100% agree.

Might be nice for the Vikings to start giving Alexander reps on the outside.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 pm
Commissioner

Hm....

Quote:
@JReidDraftScout 97% (!!) of Tramaine Brock's snaps the past 2 seasons have come as an outside CB. It'll be interesting to see where they play him.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:55 pm
Starter

Maybe trying to send Waynes a message?

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:20 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Maelstrom88 wrote:
Maybe trying to send Waynes a message?
Wayne's has looked ok. I think Alexander should be more nervous.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

100% agree.

I'm completely the other way. Brock has been a proven corner in the NFL for years and he's only in his late-twenties. He's a true CB out there. Alexander has been molded and fitted towards the Nickel CB role ever since he got here.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:40 pm
Commissioner

PacificNorseWest wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

100% agree.

I'm completely the other way. Brock has been a proven corner in the NFL for years and he's only in his late-twenties. He's a true CB out there. Alexander has been molded and fitted towards the Nickel CB role ever since he got here.

Except he had zero experience with it in college and has not made the transition well at all. You can mold all you want and sometimes it never fits the shape you want it to fit. The team might be minimizing where he excels by playing him out of position. Reminescent of Josh Robinson, who was terrible in the slot but serviceable on the outside.

I'm still mad we didn't resign Captain. If we had, Alexander could've battled Wayne's for outside and we would have solid depth.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:11 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

letting captain walk before having a solid replacement was as stupid as letting mckinnie and winfield go, IMO. this is somethig about spielman i don't like. he often will draft guys who are incredible longshots to even make the team much less have solid fundamental skills for their position....and he will abruptly subtract players who are the best at their given spot for players who aren't ready and, in the cases above, are never ready and wind up being cut. it remains to be seen on alexander....but if brock can't play slot worth a damn, who will?

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:04 am
Commissioner

Nunin wrote:
letting captain walk before having a solid replacement was as stupid as letting mckinnie and winfield go, IMO. this is somethig about spielman i don't like. he often will draft guys who are incredible longshots to even make the team much less have solid fundamental skills for their position....and he will abruptly subtract players who are the best at their given spot for players who aren't ready and, in the cases above, are never ready and wind up being cut. it remains to be seen on alexander....but if brock can't play slot worth a damn, who will?

I suspect it has more to do with maintaining cap discipline and not wanting to pay aging players as much (with a few notable exceptions: Allen, Waynes, Robison, Greenway). He's somewhat similar to Belichick in that regard. However I agree that you need competition and Alexander was gifted that position essentially. Same with Waynes. Although I do understand taking the wheels off and letting them get game snaps to try and improve. Still, I wanted Captain back. I suppose that may have been to help us sign Rhodes or something.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:10 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
Nunin wrote:

I suspect it has more to do with maintaining cap discipline and not wanting to pay aging players as much (with a few notable exceptions: Allen, Waynes, Robison, Greenway). He's somewhat similar to Belichick in that regard. However I agree that you need competition and Alexander was gifted that position essentially. Same with Waynes. Although I do understand taking the wheels off and letting them get game snaps to try and improve. Still, I wanted Captain back. I suppose that may have been to help us sign Rhodes or something.

i assume you may have meant newman rather than waynes, along with greenway and robison. there's probably something to the cap situation element and having such a huge cap hit at RB tipped the scales too.

it wasn't the case with mckinne.....he showed up to camp fat and he got cut. whether that was spielman or childress, it was kneejerk and bad for the team and franchise. mckinnie wound up starting for the superbowl champs that season....and the vikes have not had a competent left tackle since. they were forced to draft kalil as a result. that one transaction and subsequent high draft pick has had serious ripple effects going forward.

i think with the dearth of talent along the d-line that captain is more valuable in a vacuum than b-rob...even though i lov b-rob, but given the situation as it is captain is much more valuable to this team since there is really no one proven to take his spot...whereas there is a star in hunter waiting to rise at DE.

in terms of winfield? i would have argued that he was the best defender on that entire team in spite of his age and his case was handled with zero class or consideration to the coaching staff at a critical position.

yeah, these youngsters will take their lumps and sink or swim but i still see an ingrained element in spielman's methods that resembles robbing peter to pay paul...and it just so happens to possibly be playing out at the same position consecutively. captain was the ultimate replacement for winfield...neither of them drafted by spielman.

:deadhorse:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:36 am
Starting Wide Receiver

I think that isn't all on Rick. I. Sure Zimmer has some say in situations like that.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

The Patriots also appear to have signed G Willie Beavers.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13