View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 am



Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios 
Author Message
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 pm
Posts: 501
Post Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Just curious, if Bridgewater is ready to go by mid-season, and I'm not saying that is the case, but just bear with me here, in what scenarios do you think the Vikings would activate him?

Would the Vikings activate him if:

[*]Bradford suffers a serious injury as we reach the midpoint of the season and the team has only won 1-2 games
[*]Bradford suffers a serious injury as we reach the midpoint of the season and the team has a very good record, say 6-2 or 7-1
[*]Bradford is playing very poorly but is not injured and we reach the midpoint of the season and the team has only won 1-2 games
[*]Bradford is playing very poorly but is not injured and we reach the midpoint of the season and the team is 4-4 and in the hunt for a wildcard

What say you all?


Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:57 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17445
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Maybe if Bradford is hurt. They signed Keenum, an experienced starter, as a backup for a reason. I will be shocked if Teddy is anywhere near ready this season.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 1610
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
The Third option seems the most likely. the 4th would just lead to a "Bradford needs to improve" cycle until we were booted our he did.


Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3213
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Sam threw for 3877 yards in 15 games last year behind the worst OL in football and having literally zero training camp time with his WR/TE. He had to learn a new offense in a week and then 6 weeks later the whole system changed. Despite that he would have had a 4000 yard season if he played all 16 games. The odds of him slumping with a year under his belt, a full camp, and a what is likely a much improved rushing attack is IMO, VERY low.

If Sam gets hurt it is possible we might see Teddy at some point, but to me that is almost entirely a question of timing. If the injury happens early then we might see him sooner vs. later depending on how the backup plays. If he gets hurt later, it might depend more on their record. If they are out of the hunt, then they probably start Keenum and go into the offseason to figure it out.

To me the real meat on the QB situation is what they do come January. A lot will depend on how this season goes. This team has the potential to be playing in the Divisional round of the playoffs, although they certainly didn't look the part last Sunday. If they do that it is likely they give Bradford a monster contract and then try to shop Teddy or let him walk. There is also no guarantee that Teddy full recovers from the injury, that in of itself is a major assumption at this point. Lots of feel good stories out there, but until he performs on a Sunday it is all speculation. The best case might be that Teddy sees the field at some point this year to increase his trade stock.

A lot can and probably will change before the die is cast on this. No sense getting bent out of shape over it right now.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:25 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 pm
Posts: 501
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
mansquatch wrote:
A lot can and probably will change before the die is cast on this. No sense getting bent out of shape over it right now.


No one's getting bent out of shape. Just a little preseason thought exercise to amuse ourselves before the season begins. :govikes:


Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:33 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23066
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
mansquatch wrote:
Sam threw for 3877 yards in 15 games last year behind the worst OL in football and having literally zero training camp time with his WR/TE. He had to learn a new offense in a week and then 6 weeks later the whole system changed. Despite that he would have had a 4000 yard season if he played all 16 games. The odds of him slumping with a year under his belt, a full camp, and a what is likely a much improved rushing attack is IMO, VERY low.

If Sam gets hurt it is possible we might see Teddy at some point, but to me that is almost entirely a question of timing. If the injury happens early then we might see him sooner vs. later depending on how the backup plays. If he gets hurt later, it might depend more on their record. If they are out of the hunt, then they probably start Keenum and go into the offseason to figure it out.

To me the real meat on the QB situation is what they do come January. A lot will depend on how this season goes. This team has the potential to be playing in the Divisional round of the playoffs, although they certainly didn't look the part last Sunday. If they do that it is likely they give Bradford a monster contract and then try to shop Teddy or let him walk. There is also no guarantee that Teddy full recovers from the injury, that in of itself is a major assumption at this point. Lots of feel good stories out there, but until he performs on a Sunday it is all speculation. The best case might be that Teddy sees the field at some point this year to increase his trade stock.

A lot can and probably will change before the die is cast on this. No sense getting bent out of shape over it right now.


Agreed. A lot may depend on Sam's expectations (relative to his 2017 performance). If he expects a Stafford-like contract...see ya. I'd roll with Teddy (if he's healthy) plus use that cash on deserving free agents while eyeing a QB fairly early given the strength of the class assumed is coming out. To me it doesn't make a lot of sense to shell out a ridiculous amount of cash for a guy that might be only a few percentage points better than Teddy when you could probably get Teddy for much cheaper given the injury.

Whatever happens will be the wrong call though. That's all but assured.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:54 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 1610
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
dead_poet wrote:
Whatever happens will be the wrong call though. That's all but assured.



Right? If I was any other team in the NFL I would mortgage my future to pick up the QB the vikings bail on. History dictates they will be in the conversation for the GOAT when its all done.


:puke:


Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:14 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3213
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
The big thing to me on this is that the folks criticizing this situation really need to ask themselves: "Who would you sign now and why?"

To me any answer to that question is full of risks and what ifs, which really points to why it is such a good idea to do nothing. The Vikings are not at risk of losing either guy until his contract expires which doesn't happen until 2018. So time is on their side and the longer they wait the more they will know. I suppose you could argue the goodwill angle, but I'm not sure that holds a bunch of water.

To me those criticizing the lack of movement on this are undervaluing the value of the information to be gained in the coming season.

Just my $0.02 on this topic. And DP, I totally agree, no matter what they do it will be wrong.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:42 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23066
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
:v):

https://twitter.com/cyvonne1229/status/ ... 0237835264

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:59 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 1610
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
I am committing to my view that the only way Teddy sees the field this year (assuming he is medically cleared) is if we are 2-8 or something. Bradford is out the door and you want to give Teddy real game experience before the off season and... from a darker more pragmatic angle; if his leg isn't going to hold up I want it to fail in the last 6 games of a lost season, not week 3 coming off a win.


Last edited by IrishViking on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:37 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7942
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios


I hope we see him play for the Vikings again and that he can remain healthy.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:10 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 975
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
IrishViking wrote:
I am committing to my view that the only way Teddy sees the field this year (assuming he is medically cleared) is if we are 2-8 or something. Bradford is out the door and you want to give Teddy real game experience before the off season and... from a darker more pragmatic angle; if he his leg isn't going to hold up I want it to fail in the last 6 games of a lost season, not week 3 coming off a win.


This makes the most sense to me. My gut tells me he will not see the field this year though.


Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:47 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23066
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Report out he's expected to remain on the PUP for the first 5 weeks. Not ruling out activating after that.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:47 am
Profile
Waterboy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:46 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Greetings, Vikings fan.

Short time lurker, 1st post. I use to frequent another site, but it has since been shut down, so I am hoping I can still talk purple, with the football minds that frequent this board.

At any rate, I like this move by the Vikings because I believe it still shows they have faith in Teddy's recovery and they at least owe him that much in my opinion. IF for some reason Bridgewater does have to play, that means things are not not going according to plans as another poster stated. I really hope Teddy is fully recovered a long the journey of the season. I wouldn't want to be Spielman and company because they have a tough decision on their hands on what to do with either quarterback. It's a nice problem to have when you have two above average caliber type QB's on your roster- but at some point one of them has to depart for new ventures and career paths.


Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:05 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 975
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Tavern_Wino wrote:
Greetings, Vikings fan.

Short time lurker, 1st post. I use to frequent another site, but it has since been shut down, so I am hoping I can still talk purple, with the football minds that frequent this board.

At any rate, I like this move by the Vikings because I believe it still shows they have faith in Teddy's recovery and they at least owe him that much in my opinion. IF for some reason Bridgewater does have to play, that means things are not not going according to plans as another poster stated. I really hope Teddy is fully recovered a long the journey of the season. I wouldn't want to be Spielman and company because they have a tough decision on their hands on what to do with either quarterback. It's a nice problem to have when you have two above average caliber type QB's on your roster- but at some point one of them has to depart for new ventures and career paths.


Welcome wino.....I agree that if Teddy can fully recover it would be a nice problem to have......and lets not forget we have Keenum who has starting experience and has looked decent in pre-season.


Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 pm
Profile
Waterboy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:46 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
autobon7 wrote:
Tavern_Wino wrote:
Greetings, Vikings fan.

Short time lurker, 1st post. I use to frequent another site, but it has since been shut down, so I am hoping I can still talk purple, with the football minds that frequent this board.

At any rate, I like this move by the Vikings because I believe it still shows they have faith in Teddy's recovery and they at least owe him that much in my opinion. IF for some reason Bridgewater does have to play, that means things are not not going according to plans as another poster stated. I really hope Teddy is fully recovered a long the journey of the season. I wouldn't want to be Spielman and company because they have a tough decision on their hands on what to do with either quarterback. It's a nice problem to have when you have two above average caliber type QB's on your roster- but at some point one of them has to depart for new ventures and career paths.


Welcome wino.....I agree that if Teddy can fully recover it would be a nice problem to have......and lets not forget we have Keenum who has starting experience and has looked decent in pre-season.


Thank you for the welcome. I like the addition of Case Keenum to the roster. He feels like a more competent fit to the offense than Hill did as a backup for some reason. I don't know why that is though. Haha. Shaun Hill being the journeymen that he was would appear to be the better solution on paper, but I feel Case is the better solution on the field. And, I agree with your sentiment about Keenum looking decent. Surprisingly he has looked composed behind such a suspect offensive line. 1st and 2nd stringers.


Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:45 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23066
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Per Darren Wolfson today, the Vikes would activate Teddy today if they could. He's that far ahead of schedule. He'll be practicing week 7.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:03 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 1610
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
dead_poet wrote:
Per Darren Wolfson today, the Vikes would activate Teddy today if they could. He's that far ahead of schedule. He'll be practicing week 7.



Is there more clarity there? Like they are desperate or they think he his physically ready to go but cant because of the PUP?


Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:17 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17445
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Plus, like I said again, I don't trust what Zimmer or anyone on the Vikings say about injury. Has Teddy been dropping back? Taking contact? Playing in game like scenarios?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23066
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
IrishViking wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Per Darren Wolfson today, the Vikes would activate Teddy today if they could. He's that far ahead of schedule. He'll be practicing week 7.



Is there more clarity there? Like they are desperate or they think he his physically ready to go but cant because of the PUP?


Hamstrung by PUP. They're not desperate, but it sounds like they'd like him active if he could be.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:50 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23066
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Plus, like I said again, I don't trust what Zimmer or anyone on the Vikings say about injury. Has Teddy been dropping back? Taking contact? Playing in game like scenarios?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


He's been dropping back for awhile. Can't take contact or practice "game-like scenarios" because he's on the PUP. He's stepping into throws.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:51 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1539
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
dead_poet wrote:
IrishViking wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Per Darren Wolfson today, the Vikes would activate Teddy today if they could. He's that far ahead of schedule. He'll be practicing week 7.



Is there more clarity there? Like they are desperate or they think he his physically ready to go but cant because of the PUP?


Hamstrung by PUP. They're not desperate, but it sounds like they'd like him active if he could be.


I agree...I think if Vikings could, Teddy would be on the 53 man roster.
I think we got a lot of QB decisions to make this season. Most of it is dependent on Sam's health.


Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:58 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 1610
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Dont think there is much to it. It'll be whichever QB starts game 16 and Sloter. plus either a pick up or late draft pick.


Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:49 am
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:08 pm
Posts: 156
Location: The Trees
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Whooaaa, wait a second...did Teddy suddenly become above average when I wasn't looking? When? Where? How? I gotta see this. Last time I saw him he couldn't even get the ball in the endzone in a playoff game at home.

Wait, I guess that is about average for a Vikings QB. :lol:

I see Teddy getting activated if and when the sky is falling on Bradford, but I'd rather see what Sloter has than see more of what I already know Teddy hasn't got. Teddy is a good backup, but other than his legs which he likely won't have anymore I don't see any advantage to him over Keenum. His deep ball is definitely worse, and we need to keep hitting on those to keep the D honest if we want to advance past game 1 in the postseason.

_________________
Mothman wrote:
... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.


Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:50 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4386
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Purple Martin wrote:
Whooaaa, wait a second...did Teddy suddenly become above average when I wasn't looking? When? Where? How? I gotta see this. Last time I saw him he couldn't even get the ball in the endzone in a playoff game at home.

Wait, I guess that is about average for a Vikings QB. :lol:

I see Teddy getting activated if and when the sky is falling on Bradford, but I'd rather see what Sloter has than see more of what I already know Teddy hasn't got. Teddy is a good backup, but other than his legs which he likely won't have anymore I don't see any advantage to him over Keenum. His deep ball is definitely worse, and we need to keep hitting on those to keep the D honest if we want to advance past game 1 in the postseason.


When the sky is falling on Bradford?? And you're so sure about that why?? Like I said in another thread, it's Teddy's intangibles that make him a solid QB. He knows how to win, guys get behind him, he's "GUMP" and great under pressure, etc. Everyone complains about his deep ball. Mike Glennon and Brock Osweiler can both throw the ball a country mile but does that make them good QBs? No. They are actually both below average, one being horrendous. I'll take a guy that knows how to win and has the intangibles needed to play QB over a guy that can just chuck the ball a mile and everyone says "oooo and ahhhh" because of it.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:28 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23066
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
Purple Martin wrote:
Whooaaa, wait a second...did Teddy suddenly become above average when I wasn't looking? When? Where? How? I gotta see this. Last time I saw him he couldn't even get the ball in the endzone in a playoff game at home.


I can't help myself. Once again. Teddy has started 28 games. There was clear progression in his game. The preseason before his injury was excellent. He's only started 28 games.

I can't recall, was that playoff game historically cold?

I can't recall, in that game did Teddy out-duel Russel Wilson?

I can't recall, did Teddy help drive the Vikings from their own 39 to the Seattle 9 in about 90 seconds?

He's started 28 games. If less than two seasons didn't represent Bradford's ceiling (or any QBs ceiling) why would that apply to Teddy? Look at his stats and progression year to year at Louisville as another example.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:12 pm
Posts: 5528
Location: The Great White North
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
I still don't see how Bridgewater ever fully recovers from that injury to a point where he can get on a football field in game conditions and not think about it every time he drops back. Even if he's cleared medically to play, he'd have to have ice in his veins for the mental impact of that sort of injury not to last long after the physical aspect of it has healed.

I am impressed by his desire to return to the field, and equally impressed by the willingness of the Vikings to let this play out, but if Bridgewater ever does manage to win the starting job back and continue his career progression where he left off, well, that will be the year I bet on the Vikings winning their first Superbowl. Whatever curse Lombardi might have cast on this team will surely be shattered by that amount of resolve.


Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:19 am
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11321
Location: California
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
I love Teddy as a person but to be honest I would try
and deal him to Miami (or someone else) because of
the following reasons. Injury concerns ...Having two
potential starters or leaders can divide a team, quickly.
Teddy has not looked accurate in the past, especially on
the deep ball.

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:10 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7942
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
VikingLord wrote:
I still don't see how Bridgewater ever fully recovers from that injury to a point where he can get on a football field in game conditions and not think about it every time he drops back. Even if he's cleared medically to play, he'd have to have ice in his veins for the mental impact of that sort of injury not to last long after the physical aspect of it has healed.

I am impressed by his desire to return to the field, and equally impressed by the willingness of the Vikings to let this play out, but if Bridgewater ever does manage to win the starting job back and continue his career progression where he left off, well, that will be the year I bet on the Vikings winning their first Superbowl. Whatever curse Lombardi might have cast on this team will surely be shattered by that amount of resolve.


The mental aspect would be really hard to get over. However, Teddy's mental toughness is one of the things lauded for. One of those "intangibles" people talk about. If he can heal physically I think he can do it mentally.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:30 pm
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:08 pm
Posts: 156
Location: The Trees
Post Re: Teddy Bridgewater 2017 season activation scenarios
dead_poet wrote:
Purple Martin wrote:
Whooaaa, wait a second...did Teddy suddenly become above average when I wasn't looking? When? Where? How? I gotta see this. Last time I saw him he couldn't even get the ball in the endzone in a playoff game at home.


I can't help myself. Once again. Teddy has started 28 games. There was clear progression in his game. The preseason before his injury was excellent. He's only started 28 games.

I can't recall, was that playoff game historically cold?

I can't recall, in that game did Teddy out-duel Russel Wilson?

I can't recall, did Teddy help drive the Vikings from their own 39 to the Seattle 9 in about 90 seconds?

He's started 28 games. If less than two seasons didn't represent Bradford's ceiling (or any QBs ceiling) why would that apply to Teddy? Look at his stats and progression year to year at Louisville as another example.


Ponder has started only 36 games. He's widely regarded as being a poor QB yet he has more TDs/game than Teddy.

There was clear progression in the eyes of some, not at all clear that it was nearly enough in the eyes of many others. He never topped 14 TDs in a season. In his first year he did it in 12 games. In his 2nd year it took him 16. Where's the progress?
Then Bradford came in and got 20 in 15 games with an even worse O-line than Teddy had. Bradford as a whole is rarely considered to be any more than slightly above average.

I think it was cold for both teams, and one of those teams plays in a dome. ????

Did Teddy out-duel Wilson? In what way? Not in statistics. Not in yards. Not in first downs. Not in score. Not in Wins.

Teddy had a nice pass and a nice 2 minute drill last year. In preseason. Preseason. Pretty sure both were against backups.

I'm not sure what your point is, but if its that Teddy showed some improvement I'll grant you that. He showed some tantalizing moments and flashes of intangibles too, but they were just that, moments and flashes. My point when I jumped in here was that he is not an above average QB. That's what his tangibles have shown so far. Could he improve? Maybe. And he'd have to improve just to get to "above average".

_________________
Mothman wrote:
... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.


Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.