So Long and Thanks for All the Football

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: So Long and Thanks for All the Football

Post by S197 »

Texas Vike wrote: An outlet for our "Vikings Issues." :lol: Well said.
Vikings fans -- keeping psychiatrists in business since 1970.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

Take care Mothman--you were always a really good board moderator.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Jim hope it is just a short leave...You are really going to be missed!!
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

Hey, Mothman. If you're still around, PM me. I don't pay much attention to personal details on fan forums, so I had never noticed you live in Chicago until today. My brother and I are Vikings season ticket holders. He lives in Utah and I live in Chicago, and we try to get up to a few games each year. Always happy to talk about Vikings football.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Wow .. little stunned and wish you all the luck
in the world, Jim

Post script... so Jim are going pro with that
belly button thing(ground hog day)
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

As someone who stepped back several years ago and only drops in occasionally, I understand Jim. But I will say this, when I do drop in here I usually look for your posts as I always enjoyed your insight. I could have never got this board off the ground years ago without people like you. I will miss seeing your thoughts here when I drop in.
Mike

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I too have stepped away.
42 years of faithfully following a team that has consistently failed is just too much.
Clearly the team under Spielman is a failure. I have NO confidence that they are remotely close to being a top tier team for the foreseeable future. The most exciting part of the team is their shiny new stadium....yawn......
42 years ending in disgust. This will be the first year in decades that I wont be driving up to MN for game(s). I didnt give up.....they failed.
Time to find a winter hobby.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Jim, you will be missed greatly.

I'm putting my money on "you'll be back" though. I hope I'm right!

If not, enjoy the next chapter in life. :govikes:
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Guys, guys ... you're looking at this all wrong. Can't you see? This is nothing short of a banner day for trolls! Wyatt Earp has retired ... Dodge City can return to its rightful place in the Wild Wild West!

Without Jim around to moderate, we're free to call each other names, throw f-bombs, dish out fake news, and say things like, "Yo mama looks like Linval Joseph." We can use hip-hop lingo like "whaddup yo?" and "that's lit," and insult each others' wives. Civility is dead. Immaturity rises from the ashes.

In other words, we can FINALLY be like all the other forums on the planet!

Seriously, Jim ... was it something I said? Cuz it often is!

It won't be the same around here without you. The reason VMB is still the only sports board I'll even read, let alone participate with, is precisely because it ISN'T Dodge City. Trolling, name calling and all the other stuff isn't allowed, and you always have been a big reason for that, even before you were officially a moderator. Your calm tone and level head always helped settle the more high-strung among us, and smoothed out the edges of the bipolar guys here (like me).

So I'll just say "thank you." For being a voice of reason. For taking on the role of adult among us toddlers. You'll be sorely missed (even though I'm pretty sure the real reason you're leaving is because you're a Bears fan who wants desperately to come out of the closet). 8)

Be well. Hope to see you here from time to time.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Excellent post, Kapp. You accurately captured Jim's contribution to this board with your metaphor(s). Well put.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Guys, guys ... you're looking at this all wrong. Can't you see? This is nothing short of a banner day for trolls! Wyatt Earp has retired ... Dodge City can return to its rightful place in the Wild Wild West!

Without Jim around to moderate, we're free to call each other names, throw f-bombs, dish out fake news, and say things like, "Yo mama looks like Linval Joseph." We can use hip-hop lingo like "whaddup yo?" and "that's lit," and insult each others' wives. Civility is dead. Immaturity rises from the ashes.

In other words, we can FINALLY be like all the other forums on the planet!

Seriously, Jim ... was it something I said? Cuz it often is!

It won't be the same around here without you. The reason VMB is still the only sports board I'll even read, let alone participate with, is precisely because it ISN'T Dodge City. Trolling, name calling and all the other stuff isn't allowed, and you always have been a big reason for that, even before you were officially a moderator. Your calm tone and level head always helped settle the more high-strung among us, and smoothed out the edges of the bipolar guys here (like me).

So I'll just say "thank you." For being a voice of reason. For taking on the role of adult among us toddlers. You'll be sorely missed (even though I'm pretty sure the real reason you're leaving is because you're a Bears fan who wants desperately to come out of the closet). 8)

Be well. Hope to see you here from time to time.
Word to yoa mutha!
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Wait a minute... What's wrong with your mother looking like Linval Joseph?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Wait a minute... What's wrong with your mother looking like Linval Joseph?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Well, Linval does resemble Biz Markie a little. Don't think that's a good look for a woman.

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

it's Linval Hungry. Get it straight.

The question on your mother resembling Linval Hungry should not require elaboration.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

haven't posted in a while but this news sucks. looked forward to your posts more than anyones! guess someone else will have step up to the challenge!
i'm ready for a beer.