Preseason Game 1 at Buffalo Bills

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Preseason Game 1 at Buffalo Bills

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Does Zimmer have a reputation of having a bigger playbook during preseason than other teams?

I found a couple of comments in a Bills game thread:
[Mike Zimmer continues to put more effort into being preseason champ than regular season champ

If Zimmer cared as much about winning regular season games as he does preseason games the Vikings would have dethroned the Packers by now
Also, listen to the Bills announcer at around 2:42 of this Video.

Frankly, it doesn't concern me much but this is the first I've heard of this.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

808vikingsfan wrote:Does Zimmer have a reputation of having a bigger playbook during preseason than other teams?

I found a couple of comments in a Bills game thread:
Also, listen to the Bills announcer at around 2:42 of this Video.

Frankly, it doesn't concern me much but this is the first I've heard of this.
Doesn't seem to out of line to dig into the playbook with non-first-string offense to see how they are catching onto the playbook as well as it's execution. Probably for certain situations. After all, preseason is about development and learning, or did I miss the memo?
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Figured id share these pictures with you guys. Never been on the field before a game before. Probably one of the coolest experiences of my life. Spielman was great. Andre Patterson talked to us for about 10 minutes about Bower and how much potential he has. Was comparing him to Hunter. Asked Adam Zimmer "what are the chances that your father will come over here and take a picture with us?". He laughed and said "probably slim to none" hahaha. The players were right on top of us during warm ups. I was in heaven if you can't tell. Enjoy

Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Figured id share these pictures with you guys. Never been on the field before a game before. Probably one of the coolest experiences of my life. Spielman was great. Andre Patterson talked to us for about 10 minutes about Bower and how much potential he has. Was comparing him to Hunter. Asked Adam Zimmer "what are the chances that your father will come over here and take a picture with us?". He laughed and said "probably slim to none" hahaha. The players were right on top of us during warm ups. I was in heaven if you can't tell. Enjoy
Very happy for you, bro. Thanks for sharing these with us!
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Those are some great shots! Any player stand out to you as bigger than you expected?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:Those are some great shots! Any player stand out to you as bigger than you expected?
Hunter and Joseph. Hunters arms look like trees trunks. You can tell in the one close up I have of him. When you first look at Joseph you don't think he's that big but then when he's next to the rest of the DTs in warm ups, it looks like he doubles them in size. Rudys hands are gigantic. Like almost abnormal looking. Marcus Sherels looks like a pop warner player. Spielman is jacked out of his mind. Looks like he could go out and play right now.

Rhodes was super cool. Is there a way to upload videos off my phone? We were at the hotel they were staying at. He was coming down the escalator and gave me and my buddy a wave. They were an arm length away from us. My buddy talked to kendricks too. I've got a couple good 10 second videos
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Figured id share these pictures with you guys. Never been on the field before a game before. Probably one of the coolest experiences of my life. Spielman was great. Andre Patterson talked to us for about 10 minutes about Bower and how much potential he has. Was comparing him to Hunter. Asked Adam Zimmer "what are the chances that your father will come over here and take a picture with us?". He laughed and said "probably slim to none" hahaha. The players were right on top of us during warm ups. I was in heaven if you can't tell. Enjoy
Wow. Thanks for sharing!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I pro ably missed this up thread, but how did you get to do that?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:I pro ably missed this up thread, but how did you get to do that?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
One of my best friends lives in Buffalo and is a big Vikings fan. His girlfriends best friend works for NFL Play 60 and knew how much he loved the Vikings so she got him 2 field passes so him and I got to go on the field for all of the warmups. One of the coolest things I've ever done
-Chazz Palminteri
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: One of my best friends lives in Buffalo and is a big Vikings fan. His girlfriends best friend works for NFL Play 60 and knew how much he loved the Vikings so she got him 2 field passes so him and I got to go on the field for all of the warmups. One of the coolest things I've ever done
That is hella cool. Happy for you.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Hunter and Joseph. Hunters arms look like trees trunks. You can tell in the one close up I have of him. When you first look at Joseph you don't think he's that big but then when he's next to the rest of the DTs in warm ups, it looks like he doubles them in size. Rudys hands are gigantic. Like almost abnormal looking. Marcus Sherels looks like a pop warner player. Spielman is jacked out of his mind. Looks like he could go out and play right now.

Rhodes was super cool. Is there a way to upload videos off my phone? We were at the hotel they were staying at. He was coming down the escalator and gave me and my buddy a wave. They were an arm length away from us. My buddy talked to kendricks too. I've got a couple good 10 second videos
The video would need to be hosted somewhere, like YouTube, then linked here via the youtube tag.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Finally caught the game on NFLN replay.

The Good: Stacey Coley, Case Keenum, Jaleel Johnson, Rodney Adams, and Kai Forbath.

The Bad: OL (sigh). Heineke looked indecisive and made poor decisions.

The Ugly: Bishop Sankey. Non-contact ACL tear. Having suffered this injury recently I was very empathetic to his reaction. That immediate feeling of knowing what it is and the realization that it's a long road of rehab. Must be frustrating when your livelihood depends on healthy knees.

The Ugly, part II: the Bills' announcers spent several minutes talking about Zimmer's 12-1 record in the pre-season and how he gives his players a greater range of plays to run. The second TD used misdirection, which they said was practically cheating in the pre-season. Though there may be some truth to it, it just sounded like homerism and justification for why our 2s and 3s were beating theirs.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Pretty cool PHP! thanks for sharing.
Formerly AADPFan
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

808vikingsfan wrote:

Looks like I'm not in the minority (maybe just here)

Clemmings last game

Looks like the powers that be think otherwise. Lol
First-team OL of Hill, Easton, Elflein, Berger, Remmers.

Also, TJ Clemmings was down to third-team guard.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Texas Vike wrote:Finally caught the game on NFLN replay.

The Good: Stacey Coley, Case Keenum, Jaleel Johnson, Rodney Adams, and Kai Forbath.

The Bad: OL (sigh). Heineke looked indecisive and made poor decisions.

The Ugly: Bishop Sankey. Non-contact ACL tear. Having suffered this injury recently I was very empathetic to his reaction. That immediate feeling of knowing what it is and the realization that it's a long road of rehab. Must be frustrating when your livelihood depends on healthy knees.

The Ugly, part II: the Bills' announcers spent several minutes talking about Zimmer's 12-1 record in the pre-season and how he gives his players a greater range of plays to run. The second TD used misdirection, which they said was practically cheating in the pre-season. Though there may be some truth to it, it just sounded like homerism and justification for why our 2s and 3s were beating theirs.
Another one to add to the good would be Bower. I hope that kid ends up being our 4th DE. Griffen, Hunter, Robison and Bower would hands down be the deepest DE core in the NFL by far
-Chazz Palminteri