Will the Vikings Win 9 Games Or More?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Will The Vikings Win 9 Or More Games This Season?

Yes, the Vikings will win 9 or more games
74%
No, the Vikings will win 8 games or less
26%

Total votes: 43

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Will the Vikings Win 9 Games Or More?

Post by Crax »

I said 9+. Have my purple glasses fully on right now, but I feel like Vikings can get 10 wins this season.
rugbyrugger23
Rookie

Post by rugbyrugger23 »

Over.

The season comes down to Defense. Yes Defense.

16/17 Ranked 3rd but 20th against run. Can the defense improve and carry this team to 10+ wins?

Barr: contract season. If nothing else changes, and he plays like his rookie year, overall defense will improve. He will also drive the bus for this young LB core.
Hunter: question should be how big of a step forward does the now full time starter take?
Alexander and Waynes: if they can make even the slightest improvement, team wins 1-2 more games.
Smith: had a good season, but to his standards not a great season. If he can bat and pick off balls true to form, Vikes D becomes top rated.
Floyd: still holding out hope he can be a mid season wildcard. His skill set when healthy would be an adrenaline shot into a D come mid season grind.

Offense: is what it is. Most likely a middle of pack O. In a QB driven league, Bradford needs to prove season-to-season consistency. If he does, Vikes could win 12+. More so if the O line steps up, receiving core doesn't let down, and Cook has a stellar rookie campaign -- all of which go hand-n-hand.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

If we actually fixed the OL and cook and Murray
can run effectively I would say 11 or more Is possible.

If not I think about 8 sounds right.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

4-12 6-10 at best. I don't see any offensive improvement at all. I don't think our defense is all that good either. 3rd in the division, no playoffs, losing season ahead. Better get a backup QB fast for when Fragile Bradford goes down behind this sad Joke of a Offensive Line, bank on it. Any decent QB can dink and dunk 4 yard passes.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Laserman wrote:4-12 6-10 at best. I don't see any offensive improvement at all. I don't think our defense is all that good either. 3rd in the division, no playoffs, losing season ahead. Better get a backup QB fast for when Fragile Bradford goes down behind this sad Joke of a Offensive Line, bank on it. Any decent QB can dink and dunk 4 yard passes.
LOL all this genius analysis after 1 quarter with not all the starters and vanilla playcalling?
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

What? We go out and get two O Linemen that Other teams didn't want and you guys assume the Oline Problem has been addressed? Really? Addressed? Fantasy asumption. Same team as last year only the Lions, bears and packers have gotten better, not us. I'll believe it when I see it but this offseason I haven't seen Nothing much other than drafting Cook. This Oline will be as bad as last years. Who Knows what Bradford could do if he had any time in the pocket
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Laserman wrote:What? We go out and get two O Linemen that Other teams didn't want and you guys assume the Oline Problem has been addressed? Really? Addressed? Fantasy asumption. Same team as last year only the Lions, bears and packers have gotten better, not us. I'll believe it when I see it but this offseason I haven't seen Nothing much other than drafting Cook. This Oline will be as bad as last years. Who Knows what Bradford could do if he had any time in the pocket
I tend to agree, didn't think Signing Reiff and Remmers would fix much. Reiff is tbd however the league doesn't think much of him, most ppl don't think much of him, just look at his 71 overall rating in madden this year lol. Remmers is just bad, got beat easily by decent pass rusher at best. The worst part is they were simple plays for the oline, man vs man straight forward no blitzing or guessing and still got beat, it isn't a good sign.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Like I have said in the past the oline is the only thing that can hold this team back this year other than injuries. People can say it's just one preseason game so the sample size is too small but that's not true. Reiff and Remmers have plenty of game tape showing them to be subpar tackles in this league. The only way this offense has success this year is if they are able to run the ball well and get the ball out quick when passing. Any deep throw is going to require max protection to get off.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Laserman wrote:What? We go out and get two O Linemen that Other teams didn't want and you guys assume the Oline Problem has been addressed? Really? Addressed? Fantasy asumption. Same team as last year only the Lions, bears and packers have gotten better, not us. I'll believe it when I see it but this offseason I haven't seen Nothing much other than drafting Cook. This Oline will be as bad as last years. Who Knows what Bradford could do if he had any time in the pocket
How do you know that nobody else wanted them? I think if that were the case we would have gotten them much cheaper.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

First of all the Bears did not get better. They got much worse. No less their draft was horrific. So when you compare off-seasons, and actually believe the Bears got better and Vikings got worse then I have nothing else to say because that alone says it all about your football knowledge

Clemmings/Boone/Easton/Berger/Sirles

Compared to:

Reiff/Boone/Elflein/Berger/Remmers

Yeah definitely looks like a worse OL :roll:

Also:
Cook/Murray vs McKinnon/Asiata (massive improvement)
Keenum vs Hill (massive improvement)

No less nothing really changed on defense so I really have no clue why anyone could say we got "worse". I don't see many positions at all that got worse over the offseason
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Norv Zimmer wrote: How do you know that nobody else wanted them? I think if that were the case we would have gotten them much cheaper.
He doesn't know that's the thing. It's a way to say they're worse than they actually are but it's nothing but a false statement
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I'd say basement is 7-9 and ceiling is 11-5. My guess is 10-6

As every year for teams not named the Patriots; You will lose some you shouldn't and win some you werent suppose to. My guess is the Vikings will punch above there weight randomly mid season and crush some teams we were on the fence about going in and turn around and lay a goose egg in games we were exciting to watch.

I would be thrilled if we won it all with home field but I think our absolute peak would be 11-5 and a loss in the NFCCG.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IrishViking wrote:I'd say basement is 7-9 and ceiling is 11-5. My guess is 10-6

As every year for teams not named the Patriots; You will lose some you shouldn't and win some you werent suppose to. My guess is the Vikings will punch above there weight randomly mid season and crush some teams we were on the fence about going in and turn around and lay a goose egg in games we were exciting to watch.

I would be thrilled if we won it all with home field but I think our absolute peak would be 11-5 and a loss in the NFCCG.
I think that's pretty reasonable
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

VikingPaul73 wrote:I went 8-8

I think the D overall will take a step back based on how they finished last season, and the O will take a step forward with an improvement from their disaster of an OL, Bradford with a year under his belt, and a better running game

a step forward and a step back should put them right where they finished, 8-8
The Vikings D finished that way, because they were pooped. If this oline improves any, they will stay on sidelines drinking gatoraide. That old saying, your best defense is a good offense. That can go both ways really.
This space available for rent.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

PurpleHalo wrote: The Vikings D finished that way, because they were pooped. If this oline improves any, they will stay on sidelines drinking gatoraide. That old saying, your best defense is a good offense. That can go both ways really.

this is key. Basically if the Oline is 15-25% better we could be looking at 2-3 wins more than we had last year, easily.