Preseason Game 1 at Buffalo Bills

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Preseason Game 1 at Buffalo Bills

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Maelstrom88 wrote:Remmers is awful. I'd prefer it if they would start Hill at LT and move Reiff back to his natural RT spot. If Remmers starts they will be lucky to get 3 step drop passes out without giving him help. The run d was also concerning as others have said.
Reiff even said he feels more comfortable at LT so I wouldn't say RT is his "natural position".
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Norv Zimmer wrote:Wow, the negativity on this board after the FIRST preseason game is ridiculous! R-E-L-A-X it is seriously the first preseason game calm your tits and just be happy football is back on.

People saying we win 4 games is just laughable.
Exactly. Frustrating to see
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Exactly. Frustrating to see
My tits are perfectly calm, thank very much.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I'm not predicting gloom and doom, I was just disappointed that Bradford played ultra conservative. It was very disappointing to see.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:I'm not predicting gloom and doom, I was just disappointed that Bradford played ultra conservative. It was very disappointing to see.

But like I said above, first team offenses and defenses aren't going to reveal a ton. It's a very basic playbook that I'm sure they are using. So I honestly take it with a grain of salt.

On a positive note, I got to meet Spielman at the game last night!! As well as Andre Patterson, Adam Zimmer, Ben Leber, Wobby, etc. My buddy that lives in buffalo landed us 2 pregame field passes. Probably one of the coolest experiences of my life. I would upload the picks but I'm not sure how to
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Lol just because Keemun and Heinecke looked good against the 2nd and 3rd team we're already assuming it's going to be a long season? Man oh man
My point was, Sam, with the first team, looked bad, and the backups looked better. If Sam doesnt shine it WILL be a long year. Too early to tell now but Zimmer was right in his post game interview.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

CbusVikesFan wrote: Yep, let's show what we're going to do right out of the gate and throw away the whole season after the first PRESEASON game. Never mind any adjustments.
2 sacks, offensive penalty to kill a drive and a 3rd and 12 and Bradford throws a 5 yd check off.
It was a sh_ t show with the first team. I'm sure things will improve in the preseason, but that wasn't to encouraging and no since sugar coating it.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: My point was, Sam, with the first team, looked bad, and the backups looked better. If Sam doesnt shine it WILL be a long year. Too early to tell now but Zimmer was right in his post game interview.
The backups are also playing against....the backups. I get what you're saying with Bradford but saying the backups looked better carries no weight in the preseason. That's like saying Stacy Coley is our best WR just because how he played last night against.....the backups. I'm taking this game with a grain of salt. As you said, it's way too early to tell. We all know Sam needs to play well. He has for the last year and a half. I'm not overly worried
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: But my tits are inconsolable. It's a medical condition and I take offense to this. :(
:lol:
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

The only thing worse than the pass blocking is Photobucket. Half the forum has dead avatars! Reiff and Remmers stunk up the joint and we dropped almost 100 million dollars on them. I understand the Bills have a good defense but Bradford had one or two good chances. I'd rather see him dump it off than get buried in a preseason game.

Also, VINTAGE VMB here. Our defense almost shut the starters out and only gave up ten points in a game we won but people are already saying we are a 4 win team. Never change, guys!
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Hunter Morrow wrote:The only thing worse than the pass blocking is Photobucket. Half the forum has dead avatars! Reiff and Remmers stunk up the joint and we dropped almost 100 million dollars on them. I understand the Bills have a good defense but Bradford had one or two good chances. I'd rather see him dump it off than get buried in a preseason game.

Also, VINTAGE VMB here. Our defense almost shut the starters out and only gave up ten points in a game we won but people are already saying we are a 4 win team. Never change, guys!
Reiff didn't play so unless he dropped a huge crap in the bathroom he didn't stink up anything. And last I checked it was the first preseason game and Buffalo has a pretty darn good 1st string D line.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Wow, the negativity on this board after the FIRST preseason game is ridiculous! R-E-L-A-X it is seriously the first preseason game calm your tits and just be happy football is back on.

People saying we win 4 games is just laughable.
I have pretty positive tits, but even they have gone cynical since the team's collapse last season.

Seriously though, I have not seen any differences btw this team and last year's.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

petev_sj wrote: I have pretty positive tits, but even they have gone cynical since the team's collapse last season.

Seriously though, I have not seen any differences btw this team and last year's.
ITS THE FIRST PRESEASON GAME!!!!!!!!!
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Viks have a good poker face.............. :thumbsup:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Wouldn't it be "tits" if we got through pre-season without any major injuries?