View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Preseason Game 1 at Buffalo Bills 
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: Preseason Game 1 at Buffalo Bills
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Both Heinicke and Keenum looked better then Bradford with the first team....its going to be a long year im afraid.

Lol just because Keemun and Heinecke looked good against the 2nd and 3rd team we're already assuming it's going to be a long season? Man oh man

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:14 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Biggest problem is by far the o-line, we have invested a lot of money. They looked terrible and gave Sam a clean pocket maybe once, its only been one pre-season game but I was hoping for a little more.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:44 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Same old Vikings, so sad for a new seasons, and the same problems. They cant run, and cant stop the run.

It's game 1 of the preseason.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:46 pm
Hall of Famer

Nothing positive in this thread. Not a good sign for this season. After 40 plus years being a fan I have to admit I'm getting tired. Lucky if we win 4 games this year with this offense.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:07 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

:lol: are you guys really sitting here saying we're going to struggle after there has been one preseason game where you reveal next to NOTHING as an offense or defense? Yeah definitely "lucky to win 4 games this year" I guess?? Seriously? Nothing against you guys but really? After a preseason game?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:52 am
Starter

Lamar Jackson is sure gonna look good in a MIN Vikings uniform.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:54 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
:lol: are you guys really sitting here saying we're going to struggle after there has been one preseason game where you reveal next to NOTHING as an offense or defense? Yeah definitely "lucky to win 4 games this year" I guess?? Seriously? Nothing against you guys but really? After a preseason game?
it's what people here do best.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:23 am
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Both Heinicke and Keenum looked better then Bradford with the first team....its going to be a long year im afraid.

Lol just because Keemun and Heinecke looked good against the 2nd and 3rd team we're already assuming it's going to be a long season? Man oh man

I just read through these things this morning. I'd laugh my butt off if it weren't so sad. This is one depressing fanbase.

We might as well go ahead and start talking about who we'll be drafting No. 1 next year because it's obvious we're going 0-16.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:59 am
Site Admin

I don't think this first preseason game is a reflection of how the season will go but there were hints. I know that it's a very "vanilla" game as far as scheme goes but it's that way for both teams.

The thing that stood out to me was how horrible the blocking still was. I have faith that Bradford with settle down and be better than preseason game one. I'm not worried about the defense. I'm not so sure about the offensive line though. They were just getting beat in their matchups, it really didn't have much to do with anything else.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:15 am
All Pro Elite Player

Not sure why Sparano is moving the OL like they are playing musical chairs game.
They are still trying to find a spot for Clemmings.
I would think by now Sparano would know what position his players are suited for.
Stick them in a spot and let them get reps to get comfortable in that position.
Sirles played LT, LG, Clemmings LG,RG and Kerin RG, LG .
How confusing can that be moving from the right side to the Left.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:36 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape as everyone is going to look vanilla for the 1st preseason game. They are not going to show all their cards right out of the gate. Things will improve....how much I don't know but barring the injury turnstile from last year this year will be better.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:48 am
All Pro Elite Player

autobon7 wrote:
I wouldn't get too bent out of shape as everyone is going to look vanilla for the 1st preseason game. They are not going to show all their cards right out of the gate. Things will improve....how much I don't know but barring the injury turnstile from last year this year will be better.

Yep, let's show what we're going to do right out of the gate and throw away the whole season after the first PRESEASON game. Never mind any adjustments.

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:02 am
Starter

Remmers is awful. I'd prefer it if they would start Hill at LT and move Reiff back to his natural RT spot. If Remmers starts they will be lucky to get 3 step drop passes out without giving him help. The run d was also concerning as others have said.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:08 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Wow, the negativity on this board after the FIRST preseason game is ridiculous! R-E-L-A-X it is seriously the first preseason game calm your tits and just be happy football is back on.

People saying we win 4 games is just laughable.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:45 am
Commissioner

Norv Zimmer wrote:
Wow, the negativity on this board after the FIRST preseason game is ridiculous! R-E-L-A-X it is seriously the first preseason game calm your tits and just be happy football is back on.

But my tits are inconsolable. It's a medical condition and I take offense to this. :(

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:13 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Maelstrom88 wrote:
Remmers is awful. I'd prefer it if they would start Hill at LT and move Reiff back to his natural RT spot. If Remmers starts they will be lucky to get 3 step drop passes out without giving him help. The run d was also concerning as others have said.

Reiff even said he feels more comfortable at LT so I wouldn't say RT is his "natural position".

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:20 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Norv Zimmer wrote:

Exactly. Frustrating to see

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:21 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Norv Zimmer wrote:

Exactly. Frustrating to see
My tits are perfectly calm, thank very much.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

I'm not predicting gloom and doom, I was just disappointed that Bradford played ultra conservative. It was very disappointing to see.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I'm not predicting gloom and doom, I was just disappointed that Bradford played ultra conservative. It was very disappointing to see.

But like I said above, first team offenses and defenses aren't going to reveal a ton. It's a very basic playbook that I'm sure they are using. So I honestly take it with a grain of salt.

On a positive note, I got to meet Spielman at the game last night!! As well as Andre Patterson, Adam Zimmer, Ben Leber, Wobby, etc. My buddy that lives in buffalo landed us 2 pregame field passes. Probably one of the coolest experiences of my life. I would upload the picks but I'm not sure how to

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:53 am
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

My point was, Sam, with the first team, looked bad, and the backups looked better. If Sam doesnt shine it WILL be a long year. Too early to tell now but Zimmer was right in his post game interview.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:28 am
All Pro Elite Player

CbusVikesFan wrote:
autobon7 wrote:

Yep, let's show what we're going to do right out of the gate and throw away the whole season after the first PRESEASON game. Never mind any adjustments.

2 sacks, offensive penalty to kill a drive and a 3rd and 12 and Bradford throws a 5 yd check off.
It was a sh_ t show with the first team. I'm sure things will improve in the preseason, but that wasn't to encouraging and no since sugar coating it.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

My point was, Sam, with the first team, looked bad, and the backups looked better. If Sam doesnt shine it WILL be a long year. Too early to tell now but Zimmer was right in his post game interview.

The backups are also playing against....the backups. I get what you're saying with Bradford but saying the backups looked better carries no weight in the preseason. That's like saying Stacy Coley is our best WR just because how he played last night against.....the backups. I'm taking this game with a grain of salt. As you said, it's way too early to tell. We all know Sam needs to play well. He has for the last year and a half. I'm not overly worried

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:53 am
Defensive Tackle

dead_poet wrote:
Norv Zimmer wrote:

But my tits are inconsolable. It's a medical condition and I take offense to this. :(

:lol:

Hall of Famer

The only thing worse than the pass blocking is Photobucket. Half the forum has dead avatars! Reiff and Remmers stunk up the joint and we dropped almost 100 million dollars on them. I understand the Bills have a good defense but Bradford had one or two good chances. I'd rather see him dump it off than get buried in a preseason game.

Also, VINTAGE VMB here. Our defense almost shut the starters out and only gave up ten points in a game we won but people are already saying we are a 4 win team. Never change, guys!

Pro Bowl Elite Player

Hunter Morrow wrote:
The only thing worse than the pass blocking is Photobucket. Half the forum has dead avatars! Reiff and Remmers stunk up the joint and we dropped almost 100 million dollars on them. I understand the Bills have a good defense but Bradford had one or two good chances. I'd rather see him dump it off than get buried in a preseason game.

Also, VINTAGE VMB here. Our defense almost shut the starters out and only gave up ten points in a game we won but people are already saying we are a 4 win team. Never change, guys!

Reiff didn't play so unless he dropped a huge crap in the bathroom he didn't stink up anything. And last I checked it was the first preseason game and Buffalo has a pretty darn good 1st string D line.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:56 am
Starter

Norv Zimmer wrote:

I have pretty positive tits, but even they have gone cynical since the team's collapse last season.

Seriously though, I have not seen any differences btw this team and last year's.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

petev_sj wrote:
Norv Zimmer wrote:

I have pretty positive tits, but even they have gone cynical since the team's collapse last season.

Seriously though, I have not seen any differences btw this team and last year's.

ITS THE FIRST PRESEASON GAME!!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:11 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Viks have a good poker face.............. :thumbsup:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Wouldn't it be "tits" if we got through pre-season without any major injuries?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next