Preseason Game 1 at Buffalo Bills

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Preseason Game 1 at Buffalo Bills

Post by dead_poet »

Reignman wrote:Will he be worse than Clemmings though? And yeah Sam had plenty of time on that 3rd down, but checkdown anyway.
From practice and this game reports, he's better run blocking and perhaps not as consistently terrible pass blocking (but still bad).

Sigh.

Phil, where are you????
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Same old O-line, Bradfords had one clean pocket to throw from all night, dunno what ppl expect from him. Bills running all over us, they're the best running team in the league however I was hoping our defense would show something.
Last edited by allday1991 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The offense is uugggllly. The defense may be starting to break down. The Bills seem to run pretty much at will and they're starting to bite on the fake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Good stop!

Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Stuffed!
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

I like this new score then immediately to kick off idea. That whole TD > commercial > touch back > commercial formula was getting old.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Bradford out. Thankfully. No need to kill him in the preseason. Wait until week one before we carry out the death sentence. Give him some time to think about it like a death row inmate.

Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Checkdown Sammy goes out and Keenum immediately takes a shot downfield and gets the PI call. Tough to get those PI calls when you're checking down or running screens.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

After they declined the delay of game I would have called a fake punt lol. We were at the 37 and it's preseason, what's there to lose?
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

And why would Keenum go with #7? C'mon man, nobody in Vikings land wants to see another QB wear #7 after the last 2 guys who wore it.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Concerned about pass blocking and run-defense. Sounds familiar.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Same old Vikings, so sad for a new seasons, and the same problems. They cant run, and cant stop the run.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

We can never seem to stop Tolbert no matter what team he plays for. The human bowling ball.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Banyard!!! He's still in the league eh? Good for him.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Same old Vikings, so sad for a new seasons, and the same problems. They cant run, and cant stop the run.
And the defense still can't pull down those INT's either. 2nd one we've missed already.