Search Function and Board Maintenance

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Search Function and Board Maintenance

Post by Cliff »

As people may or may not have been aware of the search functionality on the board has been broken for a while. The primary reason were database size limitations. Due to posts going back for over a decades, the table housing both the posts as well as the search index (which maps every word of every post) were just too large for our host. In order to save space, I had to cut the search function.

However, we decided to prune the forum of old posts. So if a post was more than 5 years old (or hadn't been viewed in 5 years) then it was deleted. This is really pretty standard practice and was overdue but just a heads up, if you go looking for a 10 year old post you won't find it.

On the other hand, because I did this, the search functionality is again ... functional.

Thanks!
S197
Fenrir

Re: Search Function and Board Maintenance

Post by S197 »

Thanks Cliff!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

But I needed to see something Moth posted 10 years ago about Asher Allen!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:But I needed to see something Moth posted 10 years ago about Asher Allen!
Rofl

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018