View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 2017 Training Camp Updates 
All Pro Elite Player

Post 2017 Training Camp Updates
It's finally here! The season is almost on us. Today the Vikings have started training camp with a rookies and select others reporting. Figured I'd start a thread for people to post updates.

Chad Graff‏ wrote:
First Vikings walk through of training camp. Forty-two players already here in Mankato. The rest join Wednesday.

Hobie Artigue‏ wrote:
#Vikings RB Latavius Murray and LB Shaan Washington start camp on PUP list. DT Sharrif Floyd on NFI.

Vikings Victory‏ wrote:
Vikings don't have to make a possible PUP move on Teddy Bridgewater until Thursday #Vikings

Pioneer Press wrote:
#Vikings sign tackle Arturo Uzdavinis to complete training camp roster http://ebx.sh/2vBX3ee

Tommy Wiita wrote:
#Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur says Hamline alum C.J. Ham will transition to fullback position from running back.

Note: will update post with more as it comes across my twitter feed. All updates posted are from twitter.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner

Post Re: 2017 Training Camp Updates
Day 1 Notebook

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2017/07/ ... ref=tw&m=1

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:42 pm
Fenrir

Your avatar :rip:

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 pm
Career Elite Player

Some highlights from DPs link

Quote:
Quarterback Taylor Heinicke looked sharp during the first day of practice. He delivered passes with improved arm strength and touch up the seam. He found wide receiver Rodney Adams on an out to the sideline, hitting him in stride as he broke to the sideline. He was most impressive on intermediate passes 15-20 yards down the field.

Quote:
It is clear to see why so many draft experts were surprised to see running back Dalvin Cook slide down the draft board. Cook moves so well in space and cuts with above average fluidity in tight spaces. He is extremely elusive and makes defenders miss with his quick cutbacks. When he runs of out of the shotgun, he gets downhill quickly with impressive explosion. More importantly, he is patient and runs with excellent vision to find open rushing lanes.

Quote:
Tight end Nick Trusedell got open on a crosser and turned on the jets as he motored into the second level of the defense. At 6-foot-6, 252 pounds, Truesdell flashed another gear in the open field. He is even bigger than one first imagined with his long legs and strong upper body. It is worth seeing him run more routes throughout camp, but he has a very intriguing skill-set when you evaluate his game in person.

Quote:
At linebacker, Ben Gedeon looked very comfortable on the football field. He reacts very well to plays and isn’t afraid to square up in the gap to prepare for a run stop. His instincts and natural feel for the game really stood out as he manned the middle of the Vikings’ linebacker corps.

Quote:
In the secondary, cornerback Tre Roberson stole the show. He picked up a tackle for loss in the backfield and a pass breakup on a throw intended for Mortiz Böhringer. Later in practice, he beautifully covered wide receiver Isaac Fruechte’s fade up the sideline. He shadowed him to the boundary, shifted his hips, and extended his arms to snatch the interception.

Quote:
Kicker Marshall Koehn drilled all seven field goal tries, ranging from 33 to 50 yards

Quote:
Punter Taylor Symmank punted with impressive hangtime and sported the big leg we saw in college

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:07 pm
Career Elite Player

Rodney Adams Vlog First Day of Training Camp

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:10 pm
Career Elite Player

Training camp highlights 7/24 in HD

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:14 pm
Commissioner

Day 2 Notebook

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2017/07/ ... k.html?m=1

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:26 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Mike Zimmer noted defensive coordinator George Edwards will call defensive plays during a preseason game to determine if he’ll hold the role permanently.

I didn't realize that was a thing.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:39 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I think they flirted with this a bit last year also.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:28 am
Commissioner

Teddy placed on the Active/PUP, as expected. Will address media tomorrow.

:popcorn:

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:33 pm
Fenrir

Zimmer mentioned Floyd may participate at some point in camp, which is pretty surprising and hopefully encouraging.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:07 pm
Career Elite Player

Quote:
Quarterback Taylor Heinicke put together another strong practice on the second day of training camp. He continued to throw with accuracy and velocity to the sideline. He perfectly placed an out to Stacy Coley in a 4-on-4 passing drill. He is throwing with a tight spiral and touch to the sideline. More importantly, he is throwing with great anticipation and timing. In team drills, he tossed a tight spiral to RJ Shelton, hitting him in stride as he snapped off his route.

Slow me down, fellas...I keep over-hyping this guy in my mind. From what we saw in preseason two seasons ago to what I keep hearing; I just want to see what he can do. Not at the expense of a Bradford injury, but given his history, we might see Heinicke get some meaningful minutes in the regular season this year. Too early for a bold prediction? Heinicke is the starting quarterback for the Vikings in the playoffs?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:18 pm
Commissioner

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Quote:
Quarterback Taylor Heinicke put together another strong practice on the second day of training camp. He continued to throw with accuracy and velocity to the sideline. He perfectly placed an out to Stacy Coley in a 4-on-4 passing drill. He is throwing with a tight spiral and touch to the sideline. More importantly, he is throwing with great anticipation and timing. In team drills, he tossed a tight spiral to RJ Shelton, hitting him in stride as he snapped off his route.

Slow me down, fellas...I keep over-hyping this guy in my mind. From what we saw in preseason two seasons ago to what I keep hearing; I just want to see what he can do. Not at the expense of a Bradford injury, but given his history, we might see Heinicke get some meaningful minutes in the regular season this year. Too early for a bold prediction? Heinicke is the starting quarterback for the Vikings in the playoffs?

Slow down, partner.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:43 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Quote:

Uhhhhh......(in my best Butthead voice) lol

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:33 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Always important to ask this question when watching guys at this time of the year: As compared to whom?

The last two days that notebook has been talking about guy who are maybe a 50/50 shot to ever play a single NFL down. The starters/vets showed up in camp yesterday. Are those same guys flashing on day 1 and day 2 going to flash vs. an NFL veteran? Some will, but most will not.

Just enjoy the spectacle, but don't get too excited until you see a guy do it on September.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:27 am
All Pro Elite Player

mansquatch wrote:
Always important to ask this question when watching guys at this time of the year: As compared to whom?

The last two days that notebook has been talking about guy who are maybe a 50/50 shot to ever play a single NFL down. The starters/vets showed up in camp yesterday. Are those same guys flashing on day 1 and day 2 going to flash vs. an NFL veteran? Some will, but most will not.

Just enjoy the spectacle, but don't get too excited until you see a guy do it on September.

Lol, if I may,
THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! Jk
I think people are ready for some football. I know I am.

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:23 pm
Commissioner

Reiff and McKinnon left practice early.

Theilen now limping.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:34 pm
Commissioner

Zimmer said Reiff is OK after a "twinge"

(Whew)

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:49 pm
Career Elite Player

OH no. Is it starting again?

Quote:
Vikings rookie Ifeadi Odenigbo hurt foot on swimming pool gate

**Note: I think this happened prior to rookie camp

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Commissioner

Day 4 notebook:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:35 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Sorry that I feel off after the first day of Rookie Training Camp. But it looks like others have picked up my slack.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 am
Profile WWW
All Pro Elite Player

Sam Ekstrom
@SamEkstrom
18m
Not seeing Riley Reiff this morning, so Rashod Hill back with 1s. McKinnon is here but hasn't done much. Thielen looks OK.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:19 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

halfgiz wrote:
Sam Ekstrom
@SamEkstrom
18m
Not seeing Riley Reiff this morning, so Rashod Hill back with 1s. McKinnon is here but hasn't done much. Thielen looks OK.

Just a twinge seems to always lead to something more/bigger......not a good thing

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:52 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
1h
Kentrell Brothers put on a cart left leg possible hamstring pic.twitter.com/kGI9nd494G

@ArifHasanNFL
54m
Remmers has been less than impressive today. Sacks given up to Hunter, Robison and Griffen.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:37 pm
Commissioner

Day 5 Notebook

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:30 pm
Career Elite Player

Quote:
Bradford looking comfortable in the pocket
Quarterback Sam Bradford looked sharp in his second training camp practice. He was moving well in the pocket to push the ball down the field with accuracy. He fit several throws into tight windows,

Bradford hasn't been afraid to sling the ball into traffic during team drills.

Quote:
Treadwell winning against the “big dogs”
Wide receiver Laquon Treadwell had a great practice Friday, winning against every number one cornerback on the Vikings’ roster.

Treadwell is moving well in and out of his breaks and appears to be more comfortable getting open with a variety of routes.

Quote:
Floyd has put together two strong practices and it’s clear he’ll be a vertical threat after he returns from his four-game suspension. His physicality and wide catch radius are two impressive attributes of his skill-set.

Quote:
Tight end Bucky Hodges had several positive reps as a run blocker, washing the defensive player out of the play. An emphasis has been placed on run blocking and Hodges has been showing strides in this area of his game.

Quote:
Remmers has been opening holes with Joe Berger on the right side. The big issue has been consistency in pass protection.

Quote:
Brothers got tangled up with fullback C.J. Ham and left the field on a cart.

Quote:
Center Pat Elflein rotated into the starting center spot during the second half of practice.

Quote:
Mike Zimmer isn’t concerned about left tackle Riley Reiff’s injury. Reiff was held out of Friday’s practice, but Zimmer said he was around the facility.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:14 pm
Career Elite Player

Minnesota Vikings Training Camp: Friday Afternoon Recap
The o-line kind of struggled, Sam Bradford didn’t, and Dalvin Cook looks special

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:19 pm
All Pro Elite Player

808vikingsfan wrote:
Minnesota Vikings Training Camp: Friday Afternoon Recap
The o-line kind of struggled, Sam Bradford didn’t, and Dalvin Cook looks special

Exactly what I would expect this early into camp.

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:30 am
Career Elite Player

Quote:
Riley Reiff, the team’s prized free-agent acquisition, remains sidelined with what the team describes as an injury that won’t take long to heal. Reiff was at this morning’s walkthrough, but did not participate.

Zimmer says O-line at less than full strength is 'concerning'

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:59 pm
Career Elite Player

Vikings Training Camp: Day 3 and 4 Veteran’s Practice Notebook By Arif Hasan(Non-Linemen Edition)

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next