New WR Rodney Adams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

New WR Rodney Adams

Post by dead_poet »

Nice eval on Adams. Looks particularly fast on the field.

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2017/05/ ... ref=tw&m=1

Interesting athletic web

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/ro ... tion=SKILL
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

Re: New WR Rodney Adams

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

I like that 'mockdraftable' site. Haven't seen that before.

Adams could be a nice player for us. From all the interviews I've heard with him, he seems like a smart kid that can see the big picture. A lot of skill position players are primadonnas that think they will come in and set the league on fire. As we can see from such cases as Cordarelle Patterson... or Michael Floyd............ development is key to succeeding in the NFL. If you're not a first-round talent you need to have the wherewithal to know you are going to have to grind. Adams a good head on his shoulders and I think he will train hard and smart.

The one thing that scares me is that sub-30 inch vertical. A good vert is an indicator of natural explosion (part of the reason I think there was too much hype around Fournette). There were a few offensive linemen, about 100lbs heavier than Adams, that can jump higher... not a make-or-break, but it's something.
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

I really like the guy...he just seems a bit undersized to me.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

SidestreamFB Pete wrote:I like that 'mockdraftable' site. Haven't seen that before.

Adams could be a nice player for us. From all the interviews I've heard with him, he seems like a smart kid that can see the big picture. A lot of skill position players are primadonnas that think they will come in and set the league on fire. As we can see from such cases as Cordarelle Patterson... or Michael Floyd............ development is key to succeeding in the NFL. If you're not a first-round talent you need to have the wherewithal to know you are going to have to grind. Adams a good head on his shoulders and I think he will train hard and smart.

The one thing that scares me is that sub-30 inch vertical. A good vert is an indicator of natural explosion (part of the reason I think there was too much hype around Fournette). There were a few offensive linemen, about 100lbs heavier than Adams, that can jump higher... not a make-or-break, but it's something.
I found it strange his vertical was so at odds with his solid broad jump (also a measure of explosion). He's a really smooth runner. Legit 4.4 guy, too. I'll be interested to see him in the preseason.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

dead_poet wrote: I found it strange his vertical was so at odds with his solid broad jump (also a measure of explosion). He's a really smooth runner. Legit 4.4 guy, too. I'll be interested to see him in the preseason.
Agreed, he seems athletic enough by every other measure. Not including weight. A lot of the combine results hinge on how much a player trained for it, which is a good indicator of... well, their dedication to training. Like if John Ross didn't practice the 40 at all, he'd probably 'only' run a 4.4.

Again, small thing. Maybe he had an off day. Theilen should be a good mentor for him, pulling for him. Even though that position is a little bit crowded right now.
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Right now
Diggs in
Thelien in
Tread well in because of high draft status
MoBo practice squad
Wright cut
Two new drafted guys kick returner
and the other squad guy